Fiat 500L MPW, holly smoke.

Ootohere

What estate, the 'Spaceback' that looks like an Estate but has less space than the Hatchback?

(an Audi A3 Spaceback has more room than an Audi A3!)

Lost in Translation sometimes with VAG,

'Rapid Sportsback', makes some sense if you build a second edition with less room.

VW are going to do a Golf 'Sportsvan' that is not Sporty or a Van.  

george

I don't dislike the bigger 500s. They aren't great looking cars, but neither are they hideous like the Rodius.

It's pretty irrelevant though, as they aren't bring sold on styling but as a practical and spacious family car - look at the Motherhood advert they did. Their target market is someone who used to have a 500 and now has a family.

They're also a really light and pleasant place to sit. Not what I want, but I can see the appeal.

Edited by Dr Zoidberg

Ye Gods,  you right there, didn't think car design could get any worse.  Hope I don't come across one those.

I did manage to park my Vauxhall Vivaro van next to a Rodious some time ago,  made the Vivaro look the height of car design.

The 500 is nothing like the 500 of old. The Mini is nothing like the mini of old. I wish these designers would get these daft ideas out of their heads. The Mini should be a brand in its own right totally devoid from the Mini label as it's nothing like it.

• 5 months later...

Yep. That's what happens when you go for the 85bhp engine instead of the 105 or 120.

I really wanted to like this car but couldn't. It is a small car trapped in a big car's body and when I checked the list price, I fell off my car seat.

Partly because there is no lateral support whatsoever.

• Like 1

Just seen the advert, not yet one for real.

if you have not seen one yet, best not look at the pic attached,

maybe just wait until you first see one in the flesh.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/fiat/500/l-mpw

One turned up as a "focus sized" hire car.

I didn't fit in it and couldn't drive it (No problem with a focus) and so it went back.

Can't say i liked it at all, but could see why people might consider one if it was cheep enough.

Felt like panda in a frock to me though.

One turned up as a "focus sized" hire car.

I didn't fit in it and couldn't drive it (No problem with a focus) and so it went back.

Can't say i liked it at all, but could see why people might consider one if it was cheep enough.

Same thing happened to me, enterprise per chance? I drove it ok but would have preferred anything else in the focus class for a 250 very mixed driving round trip. Challenging NSL A/B roads were not it's forte.

Felt like panda in a frock to me though.

Definitely. Seats , cabin layout etc reminded me of cheap small car not mod sized family car.

Very much a holiday hire car / practical spacious runabout than proper car.

That's a nasty growth on the back, have they hired a former ssangyong designer?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Can only assume so; hideous.

Same thing happened to me, enterprise per chance? I drove it ok but would have preferred anything else in the focus class for a 250 very mixed driving round trip. Challenging NSL A/B roads were not it's forte.

Definitely. Seats , cabin layout etc reminded me of cheap small car not mod sized family car.

Very much a holiday hire car / practical spacious runabout than proper car.

I think it was Hertz in this case.

My local Enterprise thankfully didn't have any on the fleet.

I think it was Hertz in this case.

My local Enterprise thankfully didn't have any on the fleet.

Drove past enterprise is wakefield last night and they had 3 white and black ones parked in a line

The 500 Estate looks fab though... ;)

Can't wait to see an Abarth version of that...

car_photo_253602.jpg

fiat_500_estate_1.jpg

Looks like a fat Alfa 145

image005.jpg

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

Just been reading the Paris Motor show preview stuff.  

& am pleasantly surprised by the pictures of the 'Fiat 500 X & 500 X Cross'.

Seems like good choices of Engines, Transmissions, (6 & 9 Speed autos), Drivetrains (Front and Part Time AWD),

Interior trims etc  and i could live happily enough with them.

Possibly the prices will be the only issue.

http://topgear.com/uk/car-news/fiat-500x-paris-motor-show-2014-10-2

george

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1