Radio Station Logos for the Bolero

I thought I'd seen the answer to this before, but couldn't find it.

Thanks RJB1971 for posting it again.  Much appreciated.

You're welcome freddyg - I couldn't find it either, hence the posting.

Edited by rjb1971

I must be doing something wrong.  I have the unzipped files on a USB, which is recognised by the car.

Going through Settings in the DAB menu, I found and selected the relevant logos for the various stations, but nothing seemed to change.  Interestingly, the logo did show up for the BBC World Service, even though this wasn't in my presets, nor did I attempt to select this!

Any suggestions?

I must be doing something wrong.  I have the unzipped files on a USB, which is recognised by the car.

Going through Settings in the DAB menu, I found and selected the relevant logos for the various stations, but nothing seemed to change.  Interestingly, the logo did show up for the BBC World Service, even though this wasn't in my presets, nor did I attempt to select this!

Any suggestions?

Hi Partist

I'm afraid I've not tried doing this for DAB stations yet, just the FM ones.

If I get a chance later I'll have a look at the DAB options, although I've hardly got any DAB stations tuned in.

Rob

Any suggestions?

The instructions do specifically state to use an SD card -don't know if this makes a difference -I did it successfully this way myself.

The instructions do specifically state to use an SD card -don't know if this makes a difference -I did it successfully this way myself.

I'll try that next; not sure why it should make a difference, nor why one logo not uploaded should appear by itself!

The instructions say:

Channel logos - Select a channel, to which a logo is to be assigned; logo selection

on the CD, SD card or USB disk 1) , By selecting the logo it becomes associated

with the selected station) 1)The following image formats are supported: jpg, gif, png, bmp.

Hi Partist

I did a little more testing last night and discovered that it only appears to be possible to set logos on stations which you have stored as presets, regardless of whether they're FM or DAB stations.

I tried setting a logo on a non-preset station but was unable to do this.

I've been using a USB stick as the source of my logos, but SD cards should work just as well.

Here's a link to the current manuals, which may be some help:

http://new.skoda-auto.com/en/mini-apps/owners-manuals/octavia

Rob

Many thanks, Rob, much appreciated. All of the stations that I tried were presets, and the one logo that appeared without my doing anything wasn't! All very strange.

• Like 1

I set this up yesterday and today when I drove to work some of the station icons didn't show. Will have to investigate this some more.

Have you had any joy on this, yet?

• 6 months later...

Got this working easily today on my Elegance.

Downloaded onto USB and individually set these up for both FM and DAB.

Looks loads better.

• Like 1

I have found that Jpeg pics show up the best and no more than 500x500 pixels in size, i have mine set at 500x300, you can use paint in windows to alter pixel size and convert png to jpeg.

Many thanks, Rob, much appreciated. All of the stations that I tried were presets, and the one logo that appeared without my doing anything wasn't! All very strange.

Was that BBC World Service or Capital? They are the only two stations in the UK that I am aware of that broadcast their logo over the air, although capital don't seem to be doing it anymore.

Sent from my phone so please excuse brevity and spelling

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I had a recent thread on this. It turned out that you just need to select the correct display options (can't remember which) to show the station logos on DAB.

• 4 months later...