Yeah will get it on the rollers some time.I did not personally put the MD374 on rollers,but had a print out from when JBS mapped it.

Showing 203bhp/310lb ft torque,prev owner says he asked them for a smoother map and not to max the turbo out as it was a daily driver.

Ref 2.1 bar,from what John did with mine yesterday you will struggle to get any gain running 2.1bar,as mine has been taken to the max of the injectors as it is now.

Tried upping it and no more power was felt,all it did was increase the smoke out the back.

So from what I understand all you will be doing running 2.1bar is working/wearing your turbo more for no gain in power.

A note to anyone that says bigger turbos spoil the driveability of these cars,a good remap is the key to the driveability. 

Mine now has no more noticable lag than the MD374 with Custom Code map,and not alot more lag than Johns standard VRS!

We both had a drive in each others cars and it was the first bigger turbo'ed VRS John had drove and he commented on the driveabilty hardly being affected   :happy:

yeah spoke to John last night, we both agree mine is breathing better than yours might be as i'm at 1.95bar and still no smoke when on boost and i've got slightly more fuel going in than your current map i think

i have some differences to your car as i have a 2.5" inlet pipework from cone filter to maf and then down to the turbo, also i have a mitsi Evo intercooler and Passet inlet & all my pipework is 2.5" (battery in the boot)

i also noticed you have welded your exhaust flange onto your milltek downpipe which is only 2" from the flexi to the turbo and then 2.5" after so that will be strangling the exhaust gases getting out (i know darkside run 2.5" downpipe all the way) but i made my own

i'm not dissing your car please don't think that, just you might have some more power in there with some minor changes

gotta say the drivability of the GTB1756 is lovely, boosts slightly later than my hybrid but so much smoother and after 3000rpm it pulls so much better

i defo now need a LSD though lol!

John has my latest logs so will see if mine can go to 2.1bar fingers crossed it can, he did say comment how well they drive on them :)

let me know if you manage to get to RR soon i would like to see 230bhp and 360ft-lb from mine

I can't see the downpipe making much difference,as the GTB outlet is 2 inches if you look at my pic above where the wheel is,if the wheel outlet was 2.5 inches you would have a point.

Also pipework won't make much difference if you can't get enough fuel!You need fuel and air to make more power. :)

I think this needs to be called the GTB1756 appreciation thread!

It will be interesting to see if anyone manages to get more out of these now that they are becoming a more 'mainstream' bolt on upgrade.

Mine has now been mapped and tweaked at a later date to run 226hp on a conservative roller. Mines clean too, unless it's very warm.

I'm thinking of installing a cone filter and sticking the battery in the boot at some point.

I can't see the downpipe making much difference,as the GTB outlet is 2 inches if you look at my pic above where the wheel is,if the wheel outlet was 2.5 inches you would have a point.

Also pipework won't make much difference if you can't get enough fuel!You need fuel and air to make more power. :)

At the exhaust turbo side the bore size has a Huge impact, GTB2260vk are near the same size but run a 3" down pipe for a reason

You will be strangling the gases and causing un-necessary heat buildup, but each to there own I was only commenting as the turbo can do more than 1.85bar

Sorry got to disagree on pipe work size especially on the inlet side from the airfilter source, the standard TIP is fine for standard turbo size but in my eyes should be upgraded for a GTB series but once again each to there own

Mine is burning the fuel thats there and I believe I still have got scope for more as long as the engine can keep burning it

I wasn't having a dig just saying what I have done and I'm not maxed out yet, I want to take mine as far as it will go to see what my limits are and to let others know. I'm sure yours is very quick and feels much faster than the hybrid u had before

The only thing is I get a lot of inlet noise from the K&N Cosworth filter which is in drivers side behind the bumper, but I like the noise I know some don't

I've been in this today! Goes very well and the diff is awesome, never experienced one before but didn't half fling me back in the seat!

the lsd and launch control combined gets it moving nicely!! :)

• 3 months later...

Done a few bits over the last couple of months :)

Fitted 3 gauges in the centre of dash,lowered stereo down.

Oil temp,exhaust gas temp and oil pressure.

td12vrs001_zps488f0a3f.jpg

Welded a boss into the EGR delete plate for EGT gauge:

diff009_zpsd986be5c.jpg

Thermo-couple fitted:

diff011_zps68a755b8.jpg

The PD lump has not got a spare hole as standard to allow a pressure gauge to be fitted and retain the low oil press warning light on dash,so bought a kit off Draft42 designs which is spot on quality.

It consists of a hose that you screw into the hole where your standard low pressure switch screwed into,then on the end of the hose you attach the very nice billet alloy fitting that allows you to then screw your pressure sender into one outlet for your gauge,and your low pressure switch into another outlet.

There is a another outlet on the alloy fitting which is spare so used the supplied blanking plug.

http://www.42draftdesigns.com/VW-Oil-Pressure-Relocation-Kit_p_314.html

diff013_zps7344ec58.jpg

The oil temp sender has been fitted to a sump plug I also got off Draft42 designs:

diff014_zps31af5a5a.jpg

Also piped in a boost gauge,fitted to a pillar pod:

td12vrs002_zps36d3d049.jpg

diff010_zps04025664.jpg

• Like 2

Great day had at Combe,just hoping I haven't knackered my new pads allready :wall: 

After 3 laps the pedal started to go longer and less bite from the brakes,hoping its just the fluid thats passed its best.

Bedded them in for circa 500 miles before Combe,should be enough surely?

Big thanks to Faboka for his mapping :) car goes really well on track,and the LSD is a joy to use coming out of bends  :love:

You big Tart Kev. Looks great as normal.

Wheels look mint. Jealous.com

How can you call anybody 'big' or 'tart' is beyond me!!!! You got any mirrors in your house?!?!?!?  :bandit:

• Like 1

I'd change the fluid to ATE super blue Kev. I ran it in the 206 180 and it cured the fluid boiling issue. Already changed it in mine on the Fabia ready for the ring!!

Yeah was eyeing that up for the kit car so will buy enough for both cheers :)

If it was the fluid getting too hot should the brakes be back to normal/better today once cooled off ?

As the feel/pedal is still the same today :(

Yeah was eyeing that up for the kit car so will buy enough for both cheers :)

If it was the fluid getting too hot should the brakes be back to normal/better today once cooled off ?

As the feel/pedal is still the same today :(

nah once you've boiled it it's dead. Went through two "normal" fluid changes on the Pug, both times a trackday killed it, it was ok on the ATE stuff.

• Like 1

nah once you've boiled it it's dead. Went through two "normal" fluid changes on the Pug, both times a trackday killed it, it was ok on the ATE stuff.

Ah right thanks,hopefully get my 256's ready for the rear ASAP and get full fluid change at same time.

Did you bleed the ATE through to clutch too,or just left that? :)

• 4 weeks later...

After seeing Matt's mint recovered steering wheel I realised how pony the standard one looked,so put it on the 'to do' list to sort something :)

Luckily Danham tipped me off about this retrimmed one for sale on here,cheers Dan.

Really like Matt's done in Alcantara,but seeing as my car gets used and abused daily(unlike Matt's which is just a ornament on his drive)I knew I would need a leather one.

Before and after pics,well pleased.

mac1rack001_zps8eebd53d.jpg

mac1rack002_zpsf45f4ff8.jpg