Looks good Gramps.

The "ornament" as you call it is off to Europe in the morning, two day trackday at Spa-Francochamps Monday & Tuesday, then Wednesday at the 'Ring.

Happy days

Saga holidays? :)

Have fun!

Where did you get oil temp and exhaust temp sensor from mate?

Liking you beast

cheers, sensors came with the gauges off E-Bay :)

• 2 weeks later...

Car is looking great, really nice work to it and real sleeper status. Been also having a nosey for what bits I will require to fit my 2260vk, do you actually need to cut and weld the turbo housing for the pipework to attach or can you leave it as it is?

Car is looking great, really nice work to it and real sleeper status. Been also having a nosey for what bits I will require to fit my 2260vk, do you actually need to cut and weld the turbo housing for the pipework to attach or can you leave it as it is?

You could leave the outlet as it is, but it will make it much harder to work out what piping you need to get to cooler, and it will need to run either close to driveshaft or tight up against the block of engine.

If you want the outlet moving and don't know anyone that welds alloy let me know,could post it to me,my m8 will sort it for a few beer tokens :)

• 1 month later...

Haven't done a great deal to the VRS in a while,been concentrating on the kit car  :D

Had a bad knock develop on the front pass side after Coombe,thought it was top mounts but turned out to be the retaining cup/ring on the KW had come loose allowing the insert to move around inside the body.Loctited when re fitted so hopefully will stay in place now.Fitted the new top mounts I had bought anyway once it was in bits.

Lowered it 10mm all round too,as the 17's had made it look higher than the standard wheels:

20140606_210117_zpse3f426c5.jpg

Happy with the height now :)

After fitting my steering wheel it made the handbrake lever and gearknob/gaitor look crap,so off the went to Royal Steering wheels,excellent quality and service  B)

20140719_105521_zps6fb7b6f8.jpg

20140719_110348_zps29592744.jpg

20140719_110359_zpsafe45994.jpg

Soz couldn't be arsed putting the wheel straight!!  :p

20140719_110428_zps4a2a8265.jpg

Looks great :) the handbrake and gear stick gaiter are a really nice touch

Thanks, really pleased with them. :)

Matts are probably nicer In alacantara, but for daily use my leather will wear better and be easier to keep clean.

• 2 weeks later...

Re-trimmed bits look very nice Kevin.

Jack's done quite well off here it seems LOL!

Might be in touch soon to discuss turbos/mapping etc etc. Got the itch for more power. Much more!

Cheers Matt,yeah very nice job of them :)

Have to bring mine for you to have a go sometime,deffo be after more power then ;)

2260, 2260, 2260, 2260, 2260, 2260, 2260

You know it calling you, you know it makes sense

:moon:

Not a sniff!Its allready too fast for a daily driver,how I've still got my licence I do not know tbh  :peek:

And after seeing how it performed at Combe with the LSD,you wouldn't pull away on a track bigger injectors and all  :sun:

• 4 weeks later...

Need to say a big thank you to alex_e3 after his mammoth 17 hours over two days detailing my car  :clap:

Paintwork has come up stunning for a car thats nearly 10 years old,pleased is a understatement  :nerd:

Arjen Robben  :p  working hard:

20140821_124241_zpsc1568c56.jpg

20140821_162354_zpscf83c5e0.jpg

Not very good pics of the finished product soz,was goin dark and I'm crap with a camera  :dull:

Reflections of the bushes in the rear door is pretty clear though  :sun:

vrsdetail002_zps03e60982.jpg

vrsdetail001_zps4896c6a8.jpg

vrsdetail003_zpsde0b20c1.jpg

vrsdetail005_zps31f97c97.jpg

In the last picture you can see my new Longlife exhaust,the Miltek was too quiet for my liking.Had a pretty small back box fitted,sounds just right now,quiet under normal driving but a nice sound on full boost/WOT :devil:

Saw the tip on a car on here and liked it as its very similar to a standard VRS tip but slightly bigger so it fills the bumper cut out.

Also the Miltek backbox was restricting the car,as when I drove home from Longlife my car was boosting to 35psi,normally it runs 32psi,so John lowered the boost after I sent him some logs  :D

• Like 3

Jesus I really am a bald b**tard aren't I!!

Thanks for the flattering pictures though Kev.... I only look like half a hunchback pmsl!!

The effort was worth it though mate - it's come out looking fantastic :)   Your Mrs makes a nice pork bap also! ;)

• Like 1

They were mint pork baps fairdo's :)

I don't usaully get spoilt like that when I'm out in the garage, must have been showing off cause you were here! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Looking cool!

Did you go inside the castle?! Looks good in front of the gates.

No pal, just stopped off at the gates on the way past :) 

It looks stunning on those wheels!!! Can't decide if yours or dans is my favourite red one, they both make me wish I'd got a red one :D

Cheers :)

Will be three stunning red ones within 20 odd miles soon once Alex's is done :)

• Like 1