Superb seats ...

Robbo Cop

Hi all,

After reading a few reports from owners who claim their driver's seat to be quite uncomfortable over long distances, I just wanted to ask opinion's from any long distance users on the forum ...

All comments greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Rob

I have  the alcantra leather and heated seats and I initially found that  the seats are quite narrow and in my case the raised part on the legs of the drivers seat near the memory switches was initially quite uncomfortable. It took a bit of getting used to but once you do, the seats are very comfortable and not had any complaints. I have had no complaints with regard to the back support and the adjustability of the lumbar support is very good. And on long journeys being able to turn on the seat heating has been a great help even if it is only for a short period of time.

Thanks dpmcd ...

I've test driven a few MKII Superbs and never found them uncomfortable either. Hopefully taking the plunge in the new year.

Cheers,

Rob

Its worse with the electric seats than manual ones. The plastic trim that the controls sit in doesn't allow the bolster to deform. I find if you put your fingers between the trim and the seat you can displace the plastic slightly. This allows the bolster to squash and get more comfortable.

I've got a 2012 elegance with full electric leather seats and find that its the right hand bolster (on the seat not the back) under my thigh which can cause a bit of bother. I'm tall and on long journeys (>2hrs) I get a bit of a dead leg. Silver1011's bang on with the plastic trim...

Sent from my XT890 using Tapatalk 4

• Like 1

I'm so glad to have found this forum and to discover I'm not the only one to be struggling with their Superb driver's seat. I've only had the Elegance with leather seats for a month and in all respects I'm happy with it except for the seat discomfort. Being 6' 6" doesn't help but I think the lack of side support compared with the Recaro type seats I had in my Seat Leon Cupra which held me firmly is the main problem. Also interesting to read that the seat is considered narrow compared with other makes. I do hope I can sort this or I will have to consider changing my car which would be very disappointing after all the research I did which pointed to the Superb being the ideal car for me. I will try flattening the cushion as suggested but any more tips would be welcomed.

I have to admit that it took a while to find the right position, but with the memory seat thingy, my key fob remembers my setting and the other one remembers swmbo's, so happy days.  Just did 550 mile round trip from South Yorkshire to The Rhonda Valley and back in one go and SWIMBO never complained one bit :whew:

If you look elsewhere in the forum, you will see that some of us have bent the thick metal bar that the seats plastic side trim sits on to allow the right seat bolster to spread a little more. It completely cured my problem with the cushion digging into my right leg and making it go numb.

If you look elsewhere in the forum, you will see that some of us have bent the thick metal bar that the seats plastic side trim sits on to allow the right seat bolster to spread a little more. It completely cured my problem with the cushion digging into my right leg and making it go numb.

Great idea ...

Thanks for all the reply's guys.

Rob

I drove to Lithuania in mine back in June and covered about 3,200 miles in three weeks.  I had read previous comments about the seats not being comfortable and was concerned about this before I left, but I had no problem at all.  SWMBO didn't complain either and neither of us are spring chickens, so we do like to be comfortable.

SWMBO broke her wrist just before we left and her arm was in plaster for the time we were away.  She had to hold her arm up for much of the journey to stop it swelling, which restricted her seating position, but she was fine.

....well this is difficult to say. I have been impressed by the car itself. I was at motorshow in Brussels, I ordered a testrun and I liked the car. Got the offer with all the goodies and sales and we made the deal. First half of the year I was the luckier man under the sun with my Superb Elegance (SE version in UK). Few recent months I found the leather seats harder than all the cars in our company. The main problem - for my back correct body position is, after 30mins average my lower back pains from the lumbar support being hard. If I manage that support in less setting, my upper back start to pain from uncorrect body position.

So at the time I am trying to find something soft and effective between lumbar support and the seat.

Otherwise I am just fine with mine car. You can run across the EU with all the comfort, good sound, space and stuff you need. Even youre alone without family.

Last test of FL Superb in Czech Rep. has stated - that is the last car from Skoda designed in good harmony with ride capabilities, technology and comfort without compromises. The seats - yes this is the most comlained thing on the car which has been designed before economic crises in EU. Now Skoda runs at cost cuttings and O3 is beside top config - the result of that decision.

As a result of todays car market tests, you cant find better built or juggled car then Superb nowdays in this pricetag. So I am not ready to sold car with some loss of money just I couldn´t manage by some cusion...

Brocky, well not sure if Stanley, but Benny Hill definitely :)

Sorry, not being native speaker, well the test was just saying that O3 is missing many sound isulation materials, lot of plastics and non-quality ones in doors, carpets, torsion axle at back, even smaller tank, etc, etc....

I had read the comments too before I bought my Superb. I bought my V6 wagon with the electric leather seats in Sydney and drove back to Canberra - 300km. And by the latter part of the trip I was finding the seat a bit uncomfortable. I struggled to get comfortable for many weeks both round town and long trips. This surprised me as I found the Octavia vRS seats in my previous car the most immediately comfortable seats I had owned, out of many cars chosen for long distance comfort. It took me quite a long while to settle in and get comfortable, by far the most of any car, but it is fine now. Although I am still never quite as comfy on an all day trip as in the vRS, which was ....superb!