PCP Question

Went into one of my local dealers to enquire about the new Octy VRS Hatch..

Got the below quote on PCP (Approx figures without pennies etc)

£2300 Deposit

£260 Per Month (36months)

GFV £10200

Diesel VRS in Meteor Grey/Black pack

Whats the best way to get a better deal on this kind of finance (is this already good?), should I aim for free extra's, higher GFV etc etc??

Whats did you's get?

Thanks in advance

Bryan

I'm assuming this is at the 0% interest rate. It appears as though the interest is actually being paid from the dealers' margin, hence they have little room for manoeuvre around pricing / extras etc.

We managed to get a couple of bits and pieces chucked in, but not a lot.

P

I managed to get £500 worth of extra's thrown in plus a good price for my PX. It's a 2003 Golf that they'd only give me £600 for but I got them up to just short of £1,100.

I think you're probably limited with money off at the actual list price so go for extra's and a good PX value.

£2300 Deposit

£260 Per Month (36months)

GFV £10200

Diesel VRS in Meteor Grey/Black pack

That cannot be correct. 10200+2300+(35x260) = 21600. You will not het a VRS with Met paint, 0% APR, and free servicing for that price anywhere because any dealer will be losing close to £2K on the sale.

£21,600 is just about possible for a cash sale with the options listed, but Dealers have to pay for the 0% APR so PCP at that price would be a no-no unless the car was a pre-reg.

edit: If you have that offer on paper, bite their arm off.

Edited by Orville

I must have got something wrong. Deposit was defo £2350 and so many pennies though and payment was in the £260's for sure.

They may have quoted for 42 months. That is just about possibe @ £260pm with £2300 deposit if they give you all of their ~6% margin after finance costs.

10300+2300+(41x 260) = £23,260.

Edited by Orville

They may have quoted for 42 months. That is just about possibe @ £260pm with £2300 deposit if they give you all of their ~6% margin after finance costs.

10300+2300+(41x 260) = £23,260.

Yeah that's more likely. When I got my initial quote they did it on 42mths.

Yep - they like the 42 month option..

Sounds like it, god they are fly aren't they?!

Don't be too concerned with the 42month option as you aren't as tied in as you think. You could after 3 yrs part ex the car for another pcp deal and still have a bit of deposit left. Ive gone for 42months as monthly payment lower plus dealer said they usually contact people after about 30months for a new deal!

We're looking at getting a new car on the 0% PCP but was wondering how long people think the offer's going to last for?

Dealer is obviously saying could end at any minute, but we haven't had a chance to drive the petrol one yet which is what we'll be going for most likely, and are going on holiday this weekend so probably won't get a chance to until we're back (only petrol one they have is in transport mode at present). 

I was told end of Sept for the 0% deal/free servicing, I got quoted on a Metor grey diesel hatch with a lot of options as 4800 deposit and 41 months at 305 with GFV of 9090.

Going to try another dealer Friday to see if I can get a better one :-)

Unless of course they restart the VAT-Free scheme and include the Ocatvia this time around. Skoda have been steadily bumping up base prices whilst offering incentives to provide the appearance of great deals. Remove the incentives and Skoda are no longer such a value brand. Sure, they are still cheaper than VAG equivelents, but VW's & Audi's are hardly well priced. 

Unless of course they restart the VAT-Free scheme and include the Ocatvia this time around. Skoda have been steadily bumping up base prices whilst offering incentives to provide the appearance of great deals. Remove the incentives and Skoda are no longer such a value brand. Sure, they are still cheaper than VAG equivelents, but VW's & Audi's are hardly well priced.

Try specing a similar vauxhall to the vrs diesel. The Skoda is about £2000 less, or was when I looked at the insignia earlier this year.

Edited by gullyg