Sparkly's Mk2 vRS (now sadly returning to stock)

Sparkly

Yo sparkly your wagon is looking great and sitting super with the spacers on .This wee item is brill if your using spacers and I'm sure your like me and take your alloys of regularly to clean and seal them so fitting them with this tool is a breeze.

$T2eC16hHJGwE9n)yVT-qBRPk55ToLQ~~60_35.J

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alloy-Wheel-Fitting-Alignment-tool-Skoda-Fabia-Octavia-M14x1-5-14x1-5-/190810406925 

Hi mate loving the car, which I had the time/money and weather to treat my car aswell as you are your's.

Do you have a picture of your car from the back showing how far the wheel pokes out with the spacers on?? I ask because I have 20 mm all round, apart from that's all no lowering etc.

Mine looks like this, and I think it could rub when lowering. I'm considering the h&r 40mm.

https://db.tt/TWEc8xux

No the monte arches are the same size the only difference is that the body kit is added to a "normal" fabia shell.

I understand the arches are the same as it is a normal shell I was wondering if the kit added an extra cm or so on the width of the arch, so in theory a 20mm spaced wheel would look slightly further in on a Monte than on a SE say?

Hope I'm explaining myself ok.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Hi lee not sure if that post was meant for me or sparkly.

Sorry ment sparkly,

OCD I had seen your photos but hadn't read them I see your running 20mm spacers and dropped 40mm (are they h&r?) Are you experiencing any problems with rubbing??

Sorry ment sparkly,

OCD I had seen your photos but hadn't read them I see your running 20mm spacers and dropped 40mm (are they h&r?) Are you experiencing any problems with rubbing??

No lee no probs at all, yeh there H+R.

• Like 1

I understand the arches are the same as it is a normal shell I was wondering if the kit added an extra cm or so on the width of the arch, so in theory a 20mm spaced wheel would look slightly further in on a Monte than on a SE say?

Hope I'm explaining myself ok.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Well i suppose because of the arch kit it will look like your rims are sitting in further a bit but its only an illusion imo.

• Like 1

When you put it like that it doesn't sound to bad! 1.5cm isn't much at all, but certainly looks good.

Interested in all the cleaning you do, but to be honest I don't know much about cleaning/detailing apart from the basics, so what would your top 3/5 products that you'd recommend be?

Seems like there are so many out there, I wouldn't know where to start!

When you put it like that it doesn't sound to bad! 1.5cm isn't much at all, but certainly looks good.

Interested in all the cleaning you do, but to be honest I don't know much about cleaning/detailing apart from the basics, so what would your top 3/5 products that you'd recommend be?

You're asking the right man...Definitely the right man... :rock:

• Like 1

It's a little tough to know where to start answering that question.  Other than to say it's not really about products, it's technique really.  Someone who puts the effort into reading up, practising and learning the technique will get concourse results from over the counter at halfords kit.  Biggest problem is people often want a quick fix.

I guess your fundamentals are a good wash technique - so on that basis, a hose, two buckets, good washmitt, some shampoo a Quick Detail Spray and a couple of microfibre drying towels.

Join DetailingWorld, read the Polished Bliss Guides, watch some of the Junkman and Mike Phillips' videos. 

• Like 1

It's a little tough to know where to start answering that question. Other than to say it's not really about products, it's technique really. Someone who puts the effort into reading up, practising and learning the technique will get concourse results from over the counter at halfords kit. Biggest problem is people often want a quick fix.

I guess your fundamentals are a good wash technique - so on that basis, a hose, two buckets, good washmitt, some shampoo a Quick Detail Spray and a couple of microfibre drying towels.

Join DetailingWorld, read the Polished Bliss Guides, watch some of the Junkman and Mike Phillips' videos.

Thank you, I will!

I was talking to a guy the other day about big brake set ups, he told me that when there is too much stopping power up front especially in light cars it can cause a phenomenon where so much weight is transferred forwards that the weight on the rear wheels becomes so light that the brakes lock up, because the car has electronic brake force distribution and ABS this lock up actually makes the ABS release the brakes off at the exact point you are standing on the pedal to stop before a corner!

I am not suggesting this will happen with the Fabia as it isn't exactly light, it doesn't happen on my Golf either as there is a lot of weight on the rear end. I would keep your counterbalance weights on for now Sparkly until you try the new brakes in anger.

Anybody else seen or heard of the above phenomenon?