Richard's GT-R thread, old and new!

BossFox

You first on your GT-R. ;)

I'm sticking with pearl white for the moment. There are a couple of hideous colour wrapped ones around here. A 'golden chrome' that looks the same colour as an overheated exhaust pipe and a Gulf light blue one (without any orange)

I must admit at first i thought 'oh no' as I do love the blue, I then saw the photo's on DW after it had been wrapped and thought :(

However that was a few weeks ago, I have now come round to loving it. :giggle:

• 2 weeks later...

Beast, and the wheels. I bet they weren't cheap for previous owner. Sister fellas had a long list of cars (and an r1 with 190break at the wheel)he took a clients GTR for a spin.....his words after the spin. "wheres my stomach" said quickest car he's driven for acceleration and grip. I went in his tvr and i thought that stuck to road.Trying to convince him to purchase one but he's gone and put a ring on me sis.

Love the colour. There's a Matt black one round here. Looks moody

Sent from my GT-N7000

The wheels are around a grand each. Plus a bit of shipping duty.

I try REAL hard not to get close to anything that might damage them. :)

Was speaking to my tuner today about the results from the hub-dyno. He was convinced it should have been more than 494 at the wheels.

After a chat he realised I'd forgotten about race mode (Optimax or momentum 99 only) and had been driving it in road mode all the time, which is safe for regular unleaded.

So an email was sent how to use the crusie control buttons to access both maps and adjust the boost up and down as I saw fit on either.

Needless to say, I was into race mode and boost up to a max for the conversion of 1.2 Result is it's quicker...

It's probably found about another 20 to 30bhp and more torque too. So I'm around 600(ish) now, with about 520(ish) to the wheels.

Always nice to get a bit of free power you've already paid for. :D

Free power, that's down a hill and wind behind for most :-)

Doesn't surprise me for them beasts, bet they're light.

the GTR sisters fella took out was in "race mode" hit a bump off a roundabout and it went into limp mode.....said power cut off and wouldn't budge until stop start. Sure he said something like that, not read up on it mind :lol:

Sent from my GT-N7000

If it had race mode it was modified. It's not a Nissan thing.

Pretty rare to hear of one going into limp mode though, even with a lot of abuse.

Highly approved. :)

I would love to own one of these one day... but I fear that, by the time I can afford one, petrol will be up there with platinum as an expensive material.

Make the most of it... I shall definitely be buying a couple more track days in one... without a doubt the finest machine I've ever laid my hands on, and probably the best I'll ever touch.

The envy is strong... :D

Very nice car. Even liking the vinyl wrap. Your car maybe yellow, but I'm green with envy. Man, I wish I could afford that.

Now, if it's all the same to you, I'm off to have a little cry.

Lovely looking car, saw one one these getting ragged through a twisty country lane while walikng the dog a couple of weeks ago, I could hear it way before I saw it, couldn't believe what a great sound they make

Well I've booked into the evening track session at Brands Hatch for Wednesday 15th August...

Will be good to stretch the car's legs a bit and see if the alternative tyres are OK or I need something a little better.

I'm currectly running Yoko Advans as they are much better for all condition road use over the stock Dunlop runflats.

Still spaces if you want to book in! :)

A short vid from yesterday, which was "Simply Japanese" day at Beaulieu.

Nice day out with about 20 or so Skylines from the SOC. (Skyline Owners Club).

I got voted into the "peoples choice" of the 20 top cars, so I went for a little tour round the site in the queue of 20 and had a quick fly past of the SOC stand. (as at the end of the vid)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I went to an evening track session at Brands Hatch on Wednesday evening. Open pit lane.

Overall I was very impressed in my first time out in the Nissan.

Acceleration down the straight was amazing, but although it corners well it's not what I expected of the car.

I believe this is down to me running Yoko Advans, which are a better all round tire with good wet performance, so I'm sourcing a set of Nissan stock Dunlops to see if the car then lives up to it's reputation of being fast down the straight and better round the corners. :)

A few clips of overtaking and a nippy Caterham 400 (that didn't want to be overtaken) which weighs less than half my car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLNIhUWBZS4

Both driver and passenger had a good time. :)