Mobile Phone Contact Photos on Amundsen or Bolero

Did you try installing Bluetooth Phonebook? I was sceptical at first but it just worked! Worth the £1-something just in the time I would have wasted trying to get it to work for free.

Yes, the demo showed the photos but the paid version doesn't. Go figure

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yes, the demo showed the photos but the paid version doesn't. Go figure

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using Tapatalk

Weird. Reboot and repair if you haven't done so already?
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Had problems with my Motorola Moto g (Android) getting photos on Bolero but as recommended got Bluetooth Phonebook by RSAP at £1.29 and it all works. Thanks everybody who recommended

it. Before this I spent along time trying to sort it out.

• Like 1

I would say it depends on Android version.

Galaxy S4 mini - all show up

HTC m8s - few show up

Xiaomi mi4c - none shown!

S4 was 4.4.2, m8s 5.0, mi4c is latest 5.1

Poslano sa mog Mi-4c koristeći Tapatalk

I would say it depends on Android version.

Galaxy S4 mini - all show up

HTC m8s - few show up

Xiaomi mi4c - none shown!

S4 was 4.4.2, m8s 5.0, mi4c is latest 5.1

I have two phones with the same android version. One shows photos the other does not.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

I have two phones with the same android version. One shows photos the other does not.

Well, then I went into wrong direction with my personal conclusion.

Maybe we could detect a pattern?

On both, contacts are from GMail?

Pictures originate from google contacts or phone?

Thank You!

Well, then I went into wrong direction with my personal conclusion.

Maybe we could detect a pattern?

On both, contacts are from GMail?

Pictures originate from google contacts or phone?

Thank You!

Actually I think I have fixed it, on the Motorola I have had to deleted the favourite contacts and then re-add them. Now there are pictures.

Actually I think I have fixed it, on the Motorola I have had to deleted the favourite contacts and then re-add them. Now there are pictures.

Favourite contacts in phone/phonebook or HU?

I've researched this few times and rejoined/re-added several times but made no changes on phone in between. On latest or last phone I don't even have single picture in all contacts list on HU [emoji22]

If I could just find a pattern or reason...it should not be a rocket science to fix in ROM.

favourites in the HU on the screen

mine was doing it the way you describe and then I just recreated the favourites in the car and pictures appeared. There were pictures in the contacts list when I called up all the contacts jut I was only looking at the favourites and they do not auto update when I managed to get pictures showing in the main contacts list

Photo contacts on mine came on first time, using both car bluetooth and smartlink. Phone is a HTC M8, 5.0.1. I think the contacts are google contacts?

Yeah, I also got few od them on HTC M8s ('refreshed' M8) with 5.0.1 (I think so).

But Android 5.1.1 i get none whatever I do. Anyone got 5.1.1 and pictures in contact list at least?

I just tried in despare Bluetooth Contact app and it's transferring pictures. Seems like I can't avoid additional app for this pictures in Škoda.

A question for users: as I just removed trial, is this app run once on install or shall it be run every time before connecting, if You understand the question...

• 2 weeks later...

After upgrading my honor 4x from 4.4.2 to 5.1.1 no more contact pictures and even worse is that phone looses connection with bolero and fails to sync all contact's time to time. Looks like i need to go back to 4.4.2

After upgrading my honor 4x from 4.4.2 to 5.1.1 no more contact pictures and even worse is that phone looses connection with bolero and fails to sync all contact's time to time. Looks like i need to go back to 4.4.2

What about trying a complete reset of head unit to factory? I recall a menu option where you can reset/clear phones/numbers/stations etc. Might be worth a shot if the head unit has a conflict.

I'm using an S6 with 5.1.1, no issues.

Sorry, cant get it then.

But if it's not about version, it has to be something about how Škoda reads the Phonebook, or what a certain phone allows via Bluetooth.

That Bluetooth Phonebook does it on every phone. I sent a bug to miui developers, so we will see if/what they can do about it...

Sorry, cant get it then.

But if it's not about version, it has to be something about how Škoda reads the Phonebook, or what a certain phone allows via Bluetooth.

That Bluetooth Phonebook does it on every phone. I sent a bug to miui developers, so we will see if/what they can do about it...

Did you ever try resetting the head unit? Gotta be worth a try.

• 2 months later...

Hi folks. My new Nexus 6P wouldn't show contact photos with the Amundsen. Just installed Bluetooth Phonebook and bingo! Thanks for the advice.

Cheers,

Pete.

My Nexus 6P is now on Android 6.0.1 and won't show contact photos anymore, in spite of Bluetooth Phonebook being installed. Does anyone have any ideas as to how this can be overcome?

Thank you,

Pete.