Mobile Phone Contact Photos on Amundsen or Bolero

Hello people, 

Has anyone with a new Octy III, fitted with the Amundsen or Bolero stereo been able to get their mobile phone contact photos to show when making or receiving a call via bluetooth?  If so, what phone do you have?

It doesn't seem to work with my Nexus 4.

Thanks,

Ok so stock android doesn't seem to do it bit some of the variants do. How abut iPhone users? I'm on a 5S with 7.0.2. Option is selected in address book settings but no joy!

Doesn't work on my iphone 5 although I did read somewhere that the Amundsen firmware supports the iphone 5 from build week 4x (can't remember the exact one).

Any idea how to get the firmware updated? Or is it with the map update in November?

Ta

Andy

Doesn't work on my iphone 5 although I did read somewhere that the Amundsen firmware supports the iphone 5 from build week 4x (can't remember the exact one).

Any idea how to get the firmware updated? Or is it with the map update in November?

Ta

Andy

Now that's some interesting new info! I'd be super keen to find out myself. I wonder if it's something that can be done by the user via an SD card?? It's totally not a necessary function but I'd like it working, nonetheless!

Nokia Lumia 520 windows phone on Bolero - works absolutely fine - contacts/numbers all show perfectly.

I don't think that's the problem for everyone. People and numbers show up fine but if you have a picture attached to the contact, that's meant to show up too but isn't.

Works with my Samsung galaxy s3.

I had the similar issue. Phone Contacts photos doesn't appear with my HTC on Amundsen, but works fine with my SWMBO Galaxy S3.

I wonder what different protocol (if that is the issue) the Galaxy S3 is employing that the Nexus 4 isn't?  I bet there's a Android ROM out there that can resolve the problem, but I'd rather not have to keep flashing and re-flashing the different ROMs to find the one that works.

The bluetooth stack functionality on the stock Android ROM is pretty poor in this regard, the likes of Samsung and HTC build a lot on top of it (or throw it away and start again). The majority of ROMs are probably based on AOSP or the stock ROM, you could try CyanogenMod or a CM based ROM and see if that helps.

P

• Like 1

The bluetooth stack functionality on the stock Android ROM is pretty poor in this regard, the likes of Samsung and HTC build a lot on top of it (or throw it away and start again). The majority of ROMs are probably based on AOSP or the stock ROM, you could try CyanogenMod or a CM based ROM and see if that helps.

P

I tried CM a few months back and it killed the battery life on my phone.  I'll wait for the 10.2 stable release and may well give it a try.  Thanks for the tip.

Damian

Woks fine with Htc One. gotta pic of my wife (that sick bitch) on nr. one. will check later if it works with iphone 5s. think maybe facebook pics could work here.

Just checked with iphone 5s and that didnt work, the music sound via bluetooth is sooooo much better on iphone compared to android. its almost chocking how big diff.

I've cracked it!  I flashed Cyanogenmod ROM onto my Nexus 4, then re-paired the phone with the car via Bluetooth.  Then I waited for the contact list to update with the car.  Next I deleted my pre-existing fast dials from the home screen of the Amundsen Phone screen, then re-selected them from the contacts list (which now has photos!)

All working a treat and now I have my GF, ex-wife & thursday night drinking buddies smiling up at me from the Amundsen display.

Looky, look!

IMG_20131013_184933.jpg

Just checked with iphone 5s and that didnt work, the music sound via bluetooth is sooooo much better on iphone compared to android. its almost chocking how big diff.

You must be using different MP3/AAC bitrates between devices. All IOS/Android does is send the digital content to the stereo head unt. The unit then plays the data it is given and is responsible for the sound produced. Android and Apple devices transmitting the same files will sound exactly the same.

• 2 weeks later...

You are wery wrong here, the quality is very different, my sons LG optimus G sound so terrible via bluetooth, that you cant listen to it. and my HTC ONE sounds much better, but not af good as the iphone 5. all music is Spotify stream via wifi