Mobile Phone Contact Photos on Amundsen or Bolero

Works  with Blackberry Z30. Although if I changed contact pictures on my phone it didn't seem to update on the Amundsen (waited a few days). The only workaround I could find was to connect with another phone, then delete the "Profile" of the Blackberry and then add my Blackberry again from the start.

Think I posted this elsewhere but for Android users there is an App that 'replaces' the Bluetooth functionality for phonebooks etc - do a search for Bluetooth Phonebook by RSAP. Only costs £1.19 or something and fixed it with my N5 on Stock 4.2.2 (rooted). You must have a rooted phone though.

Bit of an alternative for those wanting to keep stock ROM.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Nokia 520 and am unable to get the contact photos to show, tick box in menu is ticked. looking at the previous comments would it work if I reduced the size of the photo or is it something else in the Bolero.?

I have today tried reducing the photos to less than 400 x 400 and saved at medium quality to reduce file size. They appear ok on contacts on Windows phone

but still cannot get the photos to appear on Bolero, can anybody give more helpful advice ? (I have removed phone from Bolero menu & reconnected etc)

• 1 month later...

I can confirm that with a Nexus 5 (4.4.2, stock) with the Bluetooth Phonebook app installed I am able to see the contacts' photos in Bolero. You can install the demo version first and check that it works and then you can buy the full version (I think I paid less than 2 euros on that).

• 11 months later...

Think I posted this elsewhere but for Android users there is an App that 'replaces' the Bluetooth functionality for phonebooks etc - do a search for Bluetooth Phonebook by RSAP. Only costs £1.19 or something and fixed it with my N5 on Stock 4.2.2 (rooted). You must have a rooted phone though.

Bit of an alternative for those wanting to keep stock ROM.

I can confirm that this little app works a treat on stock rooted Moto G (2013) on 5.0.2! Many thanks!  :clap:

A slight digression but the following may be helpful to somebody one day....

Last week swapped my Samsung Galaxy S4 for a HTC M8. The former was on KitKat, the latter runs Lollipop.

Have an Amundsen and there was never any problem with contact photos whilst I was using the S4. However after the move to HTC, the contact photos for just 2 of my contacts refused to upload to the Amundsen.

Tried all sorts of thinks like resizing the photos without success.

Eventually after trawling the net I stumbled across a tip on one of the VW fourms (forget which one now). The tip is to delete the email address on the phone for the dodgy contacts.

I was a bit dubious about this advice, but tried it - and it worked! All contact photos now appear.

I haven't a clue why this should work, but it did in my case.

decuk - please could you do a quick idiot's guide? I can't work out how to get contact photos from my N5 on to my Bolero, I've tried the app mentioned above. Does it involve doing something to the default bluetooth app?

Forgive my stupidity - normally I'm quite good at this sort of stuff.

TIA.

• 1 month later...

Another vote for "Bluetooth Phonebook" which has fixed the issues I was having since upgrading by Sony Xperia Z2 from KitKat to Lollipop.  £1.29 well spent.

Contacts now seem to work flawlessly, with none of the duplication and missing contact photos that I was getting before on my Amundsen unit.

Didn't need anything in particular done to set it up - although I did clear the pairing of my handset and its associated use profile and then re-pair after installing the app.  Don't know if this was necessary or not...

• 2 months later...

Yep. The Bluetooth app works fine with Nexus 5 (LG), on the Bolero

Just a check but did you do anything other than install the app? (was your phone rooted?) I used the phone book app the first time to get contacts downloaded on my nexus5 as it couldn't find contacts first but didn't have any joy with the pictures...

I can't remember how I set it up. As far as I can remember, I obviously had all the pictures in my phone contacts. Once I installed the app. I think on next connection the pictures went to the Bolero.

If not uninstall the phone details from the radio, then reinstall.

Sorry can't be of more help. I'm a bit of a trial and error person.

• Like 1

Doesn't work with my galaxy s4

Contact image works ok on my S4 running on Android Lollipop. Bluetooth music streaming hasn't displayed album art yet though. My Amundsden is the new MY16 type with 6.5" screen.

Edited by ndw

Apple car play has a totally different interface. But inside the interface you do get pictures for your contacts. In the Bluetooth interface through (the phone button) still no.

I can't get pictures from my s4 on lollipop. they do display via Android Auto but not the MIB2 native phoebe display. My Motorola moto g 4g does display photos, suggesting it's a phone issue not a car issue

Sent from my TegraNote-P1640 using Tapatalk

Did you try installing Bluetooth Phonebook? I was sceptical at first but it just worked! Worth the £1-something just in the time I would have wasted trying to get it to work for free.