Mobile Phone Contact Photos on Amundsen or Bolero

My Nexus 6P is now on Android 6.0.1 and won't show contact photos anymore, in spite of Bluetooth Phonebook being installed. Does anyone have any ideas as to how this can be overcome?

Thank you,

Pete.

Dammit....strange how such a small thing gets on your nerves.

I had all my contacts pics showing when I had my Nexus 5, nay bother....hated it when I drifted over to the dark-side (iP6) and had the contact pics not show up.

When I  finally got cheesed off with all of iOS's restrictions after a few months & returned to Android, I fully expected one of the many benefits would be to once again see my contact pics again on my Amundsen display again....WRONG!

I'm on 6.0.1 too with my Nexus 6P....no pics showing either!! What's happened??  :S  :S

Edited by WillieHeck

I have an LG G3 on Android 6.0 and they show OK for me, all contacts are stored in my Google account if this makes any difference.

John

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Any news on iPhone compatibility? Album art won't show up either, is that normal? (iOS 9.3 + Bolero)

Just reading through the thread as I too want photos in my phone contacts to show (iPhone 6).  Clearly the phone book photos seem to be a lost cause, but I don't have any problem with my album art (indeed its more reliable than the SD Card).  

• 2 weeks later...

Just reading through the thread as I too want photos in my phone contacts to show (iPhone 6). Clearly the phone book photos seem to be a lost cause, but I don't have any problem with my album art (indeed its more reliable than the SD Card).

Interesting. My Bolero/iP6 won't show any pictures of neither media nor contacts.

I'd really want to have my contact photos on there, the five identical black squares are really distracting.

• 11 months later...
23 hours ago, kristano said:

Does the newer software version (0490) resolve the iPhone missing contacts photos problem? I still have version 0421 and thinking is it worth the update.

Nope, I'm pretty sure it's an iPhone restriction nothing to do with the Amundsen/Bolero firmware version.

• 3 months later...

I am a Iphone BETA user on IOS 11, and have now tested it on my Škoda Auto Amundsen Infotainment system 2016.

After upgrading to BETA IOS 11, then iPhone contact pictures are now shown on the Amundsen display as you can see below. This is NOT possible on IOS below version 11.

Note you have to add the Favorites contacts again to get the pictures on the below screen. Contact pictures are there automatic from your Iphone.

Do note this feature is not yet public available to iphone users, but IOS 11 is expected to come later this year.

image.thumb.png.34f3685fbae0ba1c48c9210f988beaf1.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ovesen said:

I am a Iphone BETA user on IOS 11, and have now tested it on my Škoda Auto Amundsen Infotainment system 2016.

After upgrading to BETA IOS 11, then iPhone contact pictures are now shown on the Amundsen display as you can see below. This is NOT possible on IOS below version 11.

Note you have to add the Favorites contacts again to get the pictures on the below screen. Contact pictures are there automatic from your Iphone.

Do note this feature is not yet public available to iphone users, but IOS 11 is expected to come later this year.

That's great, I hope it also works on the MIB1 Amundsen....

I'm only running iOS11 beta on my old iPhone6+ (which I use only as a music player) not brave enough to run it on my "live" iPhone7+.

The strong rumour is that iOS11 will go live on or shortly after the event in the Steve Jobs Auditorium on 12th September.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/09/2017 at 13:48, SWBoy said:

That's great, I hope it also works on the MIB1 Amundsen....

Having installed the final(?) beta of iOS11 today I can confirm that contact photos appear on a MIB1 Amundsen too.

You do have to delete and recreate your favourite contacts for the photos to appear, but you know it's worth doing as the photos appear in the list of contacts now also.

1 hour ago, Ferdinand01 said:

I have columbus mib 2 and iphone 7+.

I installed beta 11 and....i have contact pictures on columbus.

You need to delete favorites and enter it again.

I have Amundsen MIB1 and iPhone7+, with iOS11 beta I also have contact pictures on my Amundsen - after deleting favourites and recreating them.

The clue whether you will have contact pictures is that when you look at contacts in the Phone menu you will see contact pictures - which didn't appear using iOS10 or earlier.

According to rumours iOS11 should be formally released after today's iPhone X launch event in the Steve Jobs Theater.

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Greenliner1 said:

Thanks all, just updated to iOS 11 on my 6S and reloaded contacts then favourites on MIB1 Bolero and I now have contact pictures, SWMBO does not like this though as she’s never happy with her photo!

Stick a picture of a model next to her name - see how she likes that!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Greenliner1 said:

Good Idea, Impress your colleagues but I can’t afford a divorce at the moment....

Oh well, suck up time then - just put a picture of a cute love heart

images.duckducekgo_com.jpg.4bffde9d3db55f778d052be5bacb5b78.jpg

3 minutes ago, Greenliner1 said:

It does open the door to having some ‘alternate’  photos, but of course a heart would be ideal.

I can see myself getting in trouble over this....

I like this idea:

Sj12.jpg.9238d1a17a9e3a338925c7de02594c57.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I’ve got an iPhone 6 running latest iOS.

using Bolero stereo(no Satnav). Wierdley, I have no photos showing in my contacts or saved numbers, however if I go into recent calls all the numbers show my contact photos.

15 minutes ago, coope66 said:

I’ve got an iPhone 6 running latest iOS.

using Bolero stereo(no Satnav). Wierdley, I have no photos showing in my contacts or saved numbers, however if I go into recent calls all the numbers show my contact photos.

To get the photos to appear when running iOS11 you have to delete the saved numbers and recreate them.

Not 100% sure about contacts... try creating a new contact with a photo and see it that photo shows next time the contacts are sync'd with the car.