Twinkle, twinkle

Now that it's getting dark on the way home from work I've noticed the two little LED's that illuminate the centre console, although because of the silvery colour, we thought it was reflected moonlight at first !. A nice touch, but I know where the gearstick is, and in really dark conditions I want as little light inside the vehicle as possible - it does nothing for your night vision.

Is there a simple way to turn them off ?

You'll probably find more light coming from the bolero et al. Or at least more light directed at you. I've been meaning to try activating the screen saver option and see what difference it makes.

Yep, I've got a couple of orange LEDs in the Bravo and they work very nicely for a quick glance down to locate something without needing to turn the bright white lights on and affect your night vision.

Give them a chance.

I'm assuming the OP meant the 2 LED's in the roof panel.

It's called ambient lighting and is on most VAG models now.

Me too.

On modern Skoda's they are white.

I'm assuming the red/orange LED's are on VW and Audi.