Superb Mk2 Bluetooth Module Upgrade

Following my successful firmware update of my 2008 Superb, i thought it was about time I updated my bluetooth module. I've got a HTC One Mini (no rSAP) hence the inability to connect my phone.

Currently I have installed a 3C8 035 730 - can't see a prefix (although link to blurry picture below).

http://i.imgur.com/QmSX8i2.jpg

Suggested best upgrade appreciated.

I have the 3C8 959 760 module. Paired with my Motorola Moto G, I can make and receive calls but get the Simcard phone book rather than the phone's internal phonebook. I can play music via bluetooth in stereo, but can't skip tracks using the steering wheel controls, display track names or read texts.

Does anyone know how to find out whether upgrading this module will allow me to get all these functions? I have a 2011 car with the Columbus head unit.

Upgrade with the 3C8 035 730 D. This is the latest model, which also has Wifi. (But only if you connect to it with rsap).

I'm not too fussed about wifi - i just want to connect and use the phone ideally as currently I just get "uncompatible device".

Will look at getting the same model but version D (3C8 035 730 D) as my current one could well be the A prefix I'm thinking due to the being manufactured in 2008.

I saw a 3c8 .. D unit on ebay earlier for 94 quid. Bargain.

Think I've found the one - 6 more remaining currently.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Bluetooth-BT-Premium-FSE-RSAP-SMS-A2DP-WLAN-3C8035730D-NEW-WARRANTY-/261620686153

What's the difference between MFA and MFA+ - just want to ensure it'll definately work with my Superb 2008 MK2 (99% sure it will but just won't to triple check).

That's the one.  The  switch over date to the newer MFA for the Octavia was around 2009 when the FL mark 2 came out, and I have always assumed that all the Mk2 Superbs used the newer one which seems to be true.  And even if it didn't, at that price you could probably get most of your money back on eBay anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

New module arrived last week, just got around to fitting it today - works perfectly. HTC One Mini connected first time without issue, synced all contacts, latest calls recieved/made and also shows in the Media section as a bluetooth audio device for streaming music from my phone also. Perfect!

• Like 1

New module arrived last week, just got around to fitting it today - works perfectly. HTC One Mini connected first time without issue, synced all contacts, latest calls recieved/made and also shows in the Media section as a bluetooth audio device for streaming music from my phone also. Perfect!

While playing from the phone via bluetooth are you getting track names on the radio screen and can you skip tracks using the radio controls? I'm missing this on my 2011 car, but can't get a definite answer on whether changing the module will help.

While playing from the phone via bluetooth are you getting track names on the radio screen and can you skip tracks using the radio controls? I'm missing this on my 2011 car, but can't get a definite answer on whether changing the module will help.

I'll have to put some MP3s on my phone and give it a go - I suspect it will simply because I can see track names etc. when loading them of an SD card (as the bluetooth audio does appear under the Media display). I'll give it a go and let you know.

Hopefully it'll work. I was driving a 2014 Yeti with the Bolero head unit last week and track name that was playing was listed and could be controlled from the radio or steering wheel. I just get 'Bluetooth Audio' on the screen of the Columbus while playing music from the phone and can only control what's playing from the phone.

Edited by psycholist

Firmware upgrade on the stereo will fix that

Very interesting - how does one go about doing this? Is the firmware available somewhere or is it a matter of harassing the dealer?

I have upgraded the BT module of my MY2012 (built in July 2011) S2 from a 3C8-035-730-B to a 3C8-035-730-D, which gave me apart from Wifi (that's what I bought it for) also track names on my screen when playing via Bluetooth and several other smaller improvements.

So I can confirm that upgrading to a D revision will solve your problem.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I think it's more if you go from RSAP only to a Bluetooth module, A2DP will work but only from one side of speakers. I think!

just bought the unit last night, would let you know if it works :) oh and I'm switching from a 3C8-035-730 to 3C8-035-730D

• 1 year later...