Dealer screw up

Your point being then that it's ok for the wrong interior but you draw the line at the wrong colour car?.

Don't exaggerate. It's trim stitching. But on a sliding scale, you don't think the completely wrong colour of car is a teensy weensy bit worse than the wrong colour stitching on select items of the cars interior?

Personally I don't think it's such a big deal that the dealer orders the correct colour stitched seats & steering wheel from SUK, pops the wrong ones out & pops the new one's in & replaces the steering wheel with the correct colour.

It may cost 2-3 hours of labour, but as someone along the line screwed up, that's more than likely SUK's fault as they're the one's who put the order through, so they should bear the cost of the correction.

• Like 1

Personally I don't think it's such a big deal that the dealer orders the correct colour stitched seats & steering wheel from SUK, pops the wrong ones out & pops the new one's in & replaces the steering wheel with the correct colour.

Would they not need to replace the door cards as well? The more they have to replace the more I could see something going wrong e.g. rattles and squeeks.

It may cost 2-3 hours of labour, but as someone along the line screwed up, that's more than likely SUK's fault as they're the one's who put the order through, so they should bear the cost of the correction.

I can imagine they'd rather him walk away and sell the car to someone else rather than spend at least a couple of grand on a set of seats, steering wheel and gear gaiter.....

Ignore those that say its no big deal and to just accept it.

Its not what you ordered. The dealer needs to put it right. If that isn't possible then there needs to be some kind of remmuneration.

Don't go making demands, simply tell the dealer you are extremely unhappy with the situation and ask them what the options are.

Wait until all the cards are on the table (the dealers offer) and then make up your mind.

Knowing what the dealer is able to offer you will help you to put a value on not having the interior colour you asked for.

Okay.......Big slice of humble pie about to be eaten!

So, I phoned my dealer today to register my disappointment at the situation only to be informed that he had gone on holiday. It turns out that the guy who actually very kindly took the pictures of my car for

me, had inadvertently had his camera on black and white and the stitching that looks grey....is in fact red!!!

I feel like a bit of a fool to get so worked up without finding out the facts first. In my defence, the pictures don't really look black and white and I was trying to work out what my response was going to be

BEFORE going to the dealer and complaining. 

Here are the pictures so you can judge for yourself just how foolish I was! As you can see, the wheel and stitching definitely looks grey!

vRS2_zpsf1571b6a.jpg

vRS3_zps058163ad.jpg

As is the case with a lot of a cars purchase problems, it's best to talk to your dealer or SUK before getting advice from third parties lol.

Glad it's all turned out well in the end :-)

Easy mistake to make, the Octavia (or many other car interiors) are hardly exploding with colour.

So, you missed that the triangle on the hazard warning light button wasn't red!

All-new-Skoda-Octavia-RS-cabin.jpg

Very glad it all worked out fine in the end.  I am sure there will be those who would wish to criticise the OP but we can all learn a lesson from this - Act in Haste & Repent at Leisure.

That's funny but good result in the end. It reminds me of the bloke who came home from the shops to find his car stolen.

After reporting it to the police, some time later he realised he'd actually driven to the shops and walked home.

His car was outside the shop, where he'd left it - hours earlier!

• Like 2

That's funny but good result in the end. It reminds me of the bloke who came home from the shops to find his car stolen.

After reporting it to the police, some time later he realised he'd actually driven to the shops and walked home.

His car was outside the shop, where he'd left it - hours earlier!

That's fantastic!! I bet the Mrs will give him stick for DECADES after that... wow!

Before this thread gets wrapped up, a friend of ours just bought a new Fabia Scout.

After having it a week she noticed the interior was too dark - it should have been a lighter grey.

The dealer told her it would cost £750 (the dealer, not her) to replace the interior and as she didn't want her car pulling to pieces, asked for half that amount in cash as compo.

And she got it. So she's happy, will easily carrying on loving her new car and has some added cash to boot.

On a serious note, it took her a week to notice the colour was wrong - but you know what girls are like when they have something new - she was dazzled by the newness and didn't check what she'd ordered. In fact she didn't even sign anything, they just gave her the keys.

Don't be dazzled by the vajazzle people! Check twice and drive home once.

• Like 3

Appalling service from the dealer only sending black and white photos.  I still think you should try for free winter tyres...... 

Good job the OP hadn't ordered a red car - he might have been really upset by the photographs!

• Like 1