If you had to get rid of your Fabia tomorrow?

Sparkly

Hi Guys,

I know that most of you on here are like me enjoying your Fabia.  But I also know that probably like me a lot of you will always be looking to see if the grass is greener in other motoring pastures :rofl: .  Having just wasted a few minutes on autotrader it got me wondering:

If you had to get rid of your Fabia tomorrow, what would you replace it with and why?  I'm talking real world budget, not fantasy, what you would actually buy if your Fabia was taken and you were given a fair cash value for it/had your finance wiped clean.

For me personally, I have been really bitten by the tuning bug and was just lusting over Skoda Yeti's :o , yes you heard me, 1.8tsi Elegance 4x4's to be precise, the practicality, tunability and fantastic sleeper car potential has masses of appeal.  If not a Yeti I think I would stay with Skoda and would probably still look for the 1.8 tsi 4x4 options, potentially an Octavia Scout for same reasons mentioned.

I'm not ditching Mean Green just indulging in a little daydreaming.

Feel free to join me :yes:

• Like 3

To get almost the same performance & size with 5 doors, more stylish, it would have to be a mk7 Golf GTI DSG.

(no point getting a Polo or a slower Golf GTD)

so spend £14,000 more and get a car a little heavier, and an ikle bigger and with a little bit higher top speed.

(& better handling.)

Or on second thoughts, maybe just buy a new vRS Hatch and a vRS Estate for the same money as the new GTI.

george

I've been looking at Yeti's too after seeing what Richard and Yeti_Man have been doing with them. Very capable machines and with very few tweaks can be made great. I reckon I could just about afford a good used one now. I keep looking at the GT86 but with lots going on at home/work so all depends on how that goes first.

• Like 2

I've been looking at Yeti's too after seeing what Richard and Yeti_Man have been doing with them. Very capable machines and with very few tweaks can be made great. I reckon I could just about afford a good used one now. I keep looking at the GT86 but with lots going on at home/work so all depends on how that goes first.

That's 100% my inspiration too Martyn, for me there is infinite appeal to an offroad capable sleeper mum's shopping run car that can deliver Golf R power.  I heart Beti the K04 Yeti bigtime and would love to do something similar.

That said a vRS estate wouldn't be low on my list either.

But only mad people drive Yetis quickly... :giggle:

Funds and depreciation allowing I would join the club Richard, have to say watching your Brands Hatch footage is just fuel on the fire.  You Sir will soon become the least welcome site on a UK track day for all Clio and Kit Car owners everywhere.

• Like 2

I looked a few days ago and to find a decent 2.0 TDI 170 4x4 Yeti is quite hard. 1.8t's are the same. Owners tend to keep them for a while

Particularly well kitted up ones Martyn.

This is the dilema I've got.

The LEAF does all the daily miles now, but if I let the Yeti go I just won't be able to find one with all the options other than the sunroof again if I miss it.

Jury is out on the Yeti facelift (conventional Skoda brand face) in our house.

So it's looking like it'll be my first "keeper" and is now just for fun, 4x4 use and a bit of towing.

If I was making a toy I'd look for a 1.8tsi, which tunes to 320bhp without too much drama.

Like mine, but with an extra 100 (or so) bhp.  Wowsers.

But it's too late for me as I already have the diesel.  At least I average 47mpg though without driving economically.

• Like 2

I'd replace it with another Fabia Greenline II Estate (in Blue, with Maxi-Dot and Door Guards) :giggle:  Is that allowed???

I did sooo much research when I was trying to decide what to buy, when I bought my Fabia 12 Weeks ago!.

I looked at the Fiat Panda and Punto (Twin-Air), the Datchia (can't remember it's name), Peugeot 208, and Even the Seat Ibiza, VW Polo, and Audi A1, too name but a few!!!

I couldn't find anything close to price with equipment and build quality!! What confused me the most was the VW was the most expensive when specced up!, not the Audi  :wonder:

Anyhew... Yeah! I'd replace it with another Fabia Greenline II Estate  :rofl:

Edited by Simoneale1973
  • Like 1

Id get a Focus ST....oh wait I did lol.

I was scouting the trader last night actually. I'm expecting to be out the country next summer for 6months so ill probably flog the ST before i go then buy something else when iI'm back.

Interested in this new Civic type R with the turbo engine. Maybe the new S3.

• Like 1

competitione 500 Abarth (the one with 180 bhp and the paddleshift gearbox) :) can be had with discounts for about £16k

If you could get one for 16k I'd be tempted with that but I had heard they were more like 30k.... Ouch!

If I needed a replacement of roughly the same size and price bracket I'd go for the Fiesta ST even tho its manual only (wife wouldn't drive it tho which could be a bonus lol).

As it stands at the moment tho I think we will be keeping it abit longer but the option of ditching it for an M135i next year is a distinct possibility :-)

Am I right in thinking you don't need a 5 door Tom?

The M135i is a thing of lust, you must do this wonderous thing so that we may live vicariously through you.

However naturally if you do sell the vRS I will stop talking to you and deny all knowledge of your existence :rofl:

Both good calls, 1.6 Turbos @ around £20,000-£22,500 ish.

Just reading this months Edition of EVO.

issue 250, December 2013.

EDIT, (Doh,  sorry, i was reading 'Top Gear' magazine December issue, , not EVO)

Their long termers,

'Clio RS 200 Turbo LUX' with a Dual Clutch clitch that the Renault workshop can not find the cause of.

Like some DSG's had pre ECU update, 1st, 2nd gear dropping, refusing to select a gear, 2 second delay, roundabouts etc..

(A Renault dealership without a Technician able to work on Twinclutchers, type thing.)

Kia Pro_Cee'd GT & its MPG for this month is the same as a vRS gives when being thrashed, but then the vRS can easily use half that amount of fuel.

The Fiesta ST is another EVO Long termer,

and like they say, the Focus with the same engine might be the better call comfort wise.

A new Ford Focus 1.6T 182 Ecoboost Zetec S, for around £16,000 could be a great bargain.

george