Who's orderd what and when are you "supposed" to get it?

My order details:

Ordered through carwow.

Dealer with the best price available on 0% and Free servicing included was Alex Lawrie in Liverpool. None of my local dealers would match (or even come close), strange as they beat my drivethedeal quote on my mkII, anyways..

TDI Hatch

Meteor grey

Cruise Control

Grey stitching

Anthracite Wheels

Heated Washer Jets

Sunset Glass

Black Pack

Full Size Spare

Ordered by the dealer on Nov 1st (had met their october targets, i was fine with this was only a few days after i confirmed my spec) and they have said they will keep me informed of order status, not heard anything since although I have requested march 1st anyway and dealer said this wont be a problem (funny that!).

For me Santa will be late this year ;)

Got a call yesterday, car will be with the dealer mid to late feb and will be ready for March 1st.

My first ever new car on the day the new plate comes out. :rofl:

Merry Christmas to me!

Meteor grey TSi hatch ordered last week of September, waitied until a few weeks ago for a build date of Week 11 (March 10th), but an update last night that it's moved forward to Week 4 :)  Still means I'll have to get 'Nicole' serviced again but at least the tax won't have run out.

• Like 1

My order made today (white vrs TDI hatch) shows a delivery estimate on March 29th on the order form, But I'm guessing that's standard 12 weeks automatically printed. The salesman suggested 21 week lead times at present.

• 1 month later...

So just over 4 months wait and I'm going to the dealer tomorrow to do the paperwork ready for Wednesday collection.

Orderd 20th September.

Build week 2.

Built on 10/1/14.

At emden 12/1/14.

At Grimsby 18/1/14.

At dealers 25/1/14.

Collection 29/1/14.

On 11th Jan 2014 I ordered:

vRS - Hatchback - TDI-DSG - Race Blue - 'Gemini' anthracite wheels

Black pack

Winter pack

Cruise control

Colour maxidot

I was quoted 20 weeks (with a remote possibility that it might be sooner) - but I've heard nothing definite regarding dates.

The wait is tantalising but the best of it is that I am still really enjoying driving my current race blue TDI-PD vRS Hatchback!

Ordered elegance tdi estate with park assist, ipod link in race blue. Order placed 17th December due at dealers 3rd of march. Not to convinced on that though!!

Might be right. A few of us have ordered Elegance Estates and been given build week six, which is next week.

vRS TDI combi ordered October 12th, B/W4, dealer just confirmed as built, hoping it'll be delayed so can get it on a '14' plate :whew:  :rofl:  :whew:

I'd just tell the dealer straight "I've Fn waited for you, now you can wait for me & the 14 plate" 

Just my tupennies worth though.

Regards

T

Fair point but unfortunately the small print on the back of the order form states maximum 7 days after their delivery date and for some reason that I can't really fathom they're big time umming and ahhing. I'll come over all assertive when it get's here but don't want to fall out with the service department. Presumably if I sign off the paperwork and finance it wouldn't really matter to them so they can bank the money and watch the high interest roll in...

In the meantime the locking mechanism on the boot of my owned-from-new merc has departed this mortal coil and is now being held down with bungees. Dignity now abandoned :rock:

Fair point but unfortunately the small print on the back of the order form states maximum 7 days after their delivery date and for some reason that I can't really fathom they're big time umming and ahhing. I'll come over all assertive when it get's here but don't want to fall out with the service department. Presumably if I sign off the paperwork and finance it wouldn't really matter to them so they can bank the money and watch the high interest roll in...

In the meantime the locking mechanism on the boot of my owned-from-new merc has departed this mortal coil and is now being held down with bungees. Dignity now abandoned :rock:

Unfortunately I am in the same boat, I should be collecting mine mid February, but my dealer advised me to take a 'holiday' so I can't collect it tip March 1st!  Simple, problem solved, and first payment on new car won't be due tip start of April, job done! Perfect!

Invent a business trip and be out fot he country for a short period, they can;t expect you to change business trip/holiday plans just becuase it suits them now your car has finally arrived!

Hmm, thanks for that, trouble is the salesperson knows where I live as they dropped a brochure off to me on his way home so maybe I'll wink when I tell him about the business trip and bung 'im a tenner to compensate for the loss of interest he'll accumulate on getting his commission a week or two later. I'd even thought about feigning illness but then every time the phone rang I'd have to put on my 'sick' voice.

Suppose I could book another hernia op for the 3rd week of March and my insurers have said I'm not insured for the week after; no sick voice and a rationale for my car being on the drive! :bandit:

Ordered my 1,8 TSI DSG Elegance Hatch on November 27th, 2013. Collected the car on February 1st, 2014.

Black Magic Perle

Black interior, leather seats

Heated windscreen

Columbus

Spare wheel

Electrical seats with memory

Canton Sound System

So far the car has exceeded my expectations. Fantastic to drive, smooth handling, noise level inside is incredible low.

Skoda have really done a good job here, redusing the gap up to premium cars (Audi, BMW etc.) A big step up from Mk II to MK III.

Company just agreed to vRS TDI hatch in Grey Metal with black pack, cruise control, winter pack and parking assist.

One happy employee, other than the 5mth delivery date!

- S