'Stanced' what a load of .......

Guest BigJase88

Does make you wonder what you could do with some air ride, now I'm not into the on the deck look or stretched tires. But I wonder what the ride is like on air if set at a sensible height, imagine being able to add more height to get through floods and reduce the height to save fuel on the motorway.

Guest BigJase88

Does make you wonder what you could do with some air ride, now I'm not into the on the deck look or stretched tires. But I wonder what the ride is like on air if set at a sensible height, imagine being able to add more height to get through floods and reduce the height to save fuel on the motorway.

Air is for looks not handling

I agree - I hate most of the dub scene for this reason.

I bought some decent damping/height/pre-load (height and spring rate are separate) adjustable coilovers for my car and lowered it a reasonable amount - it suffers no rub or anything and handles much better than standard, not that it was bad originally.

Post it online and the response is pretty much 'meh'. If someone buys some nasty cheap JOM coilovers that cost about the same as one corner of my setup and then lower the car completely people go mental of it - I really don't get it. (Especially with a BMW - surely you buy them for handling/driving as there are cheaper to run/more economical cars for the money.)

• Like 1

alto.jpg

Nice.

My Rallye looks a bit like that at the moment.  It's having a new back axle on this week due to the 20 year old original being on the verge of collapse. :rofl:

As for the look, I see a few round here and it looks uncomfortable more than anything else.  They bobble around, have to drive round every hole in the road so look as though they are in a slalom competition and can't go very fast over anything other than billiard smooth tarmac or they'll ground out. 

Mind you, some of them have merely cut the springs which isn't the same as the expensive option pictured above.

It's already been mentioned, each to their own and if it makes them happy let them get on with it.  :thumbup:

:happy: If it's legal and safe I don't "mind" what people do with their own property.

Some cars look better lowered a bit. However, I really don't see the point of lowering a car to the point where it can hardly be driven. I just don't get it. And driving a car with virtually no suspension that inevitably gives a hard, crashy ride must give the structure of the car a right hammering, especially an older car with corrosion.

But, each to their own...

Finally..! I'm not the only one who doesn't understand the 'stanced' thing, unfortunately it's pretty prominent among the VAG scene.. If people want to put shiny purple rims on their car and turn their oil sump into a bump stop then fair play to them, but personally I don't want my car to look like god accidentally stood on it..

I find if you get the wheels spaced out so they sit in the arches right, you don't need to slam it to get a car to look right.. That way it looks better, drives better and still has some usable wheel travel..

Guest BigJase88

Just strange the americans have also adopted it!

Suppose they are stupid!

I think its just as bad as the late 90's early 00's with the badboy bonnets / leaxarse lights / whaletails! Just a different version

Suppose they are stupid!

I think its just as bad as the late 90's early 00's with the badboy bonnets / leaxarse lights / whaletails! Just a different version

Trust me, a lot of Americans are a special kind of stupid :yes:

• Like 1

Guest BigJase88

Trust me, a lot of Americans are a special kind of stupid :yes:

I watched a tv programme once and they asked a lot of americans to point to a globe where america was!

A small minority managed it! It was hilarious!

My friend's partner is american. I asked her how she pronounced aluminium! You know they say it a funny way.... Her answer.... I don't know what that is!

So i said you know an aluminium coca cola can? Thats aluminium!

Her reply.... I thought that was tin.....

I gave in after that.

Edited by BigJase88

Suppose they are stupid!

Americans have been stancing cars longer than we have over here, and before them the japs. . The japs have been doing it like 10+ years

Funny that your pulling the " stance" scene apart and know nothing at all about it/where it originates and why. .

Guest BigJase88

Americans have been stancing cars longer than we have over here, and before them the japs. . The japs have been doing it like 10+ years

Funny that your pulling the " stance" scene apart and know nothing at all about it/where it originates and why. .

Who really cares!

Its shi7

End of story! Bunch of gonks *****ng over the internet

Guest BigJase88

Who really cares where it originated....

You speak as you know! 10+ years ago you were 14? So how do you know what it was like in japan and US back then? Your info is as good as my info. You got yours off the internet.....

You have a bee in your bonnet as you've ruined your car (going by you avatar pic)

Check the likes out on post 1. Guess this forum is a far throw from ed38 :) and thank god

Edited by BigJase88

Guest BigJase88

Plebs!!!

Is coz its low yo!!!!!

Or they maybe have arm pump from doing activities to edition 38 all day

Edited by BigJase88