Sat Nav firmware/maps versions

sez

Hi experts,

Need your guidance in upgrading my Columbus. Following are the details of my Columbus. What's the safest firmware & maps version can I upgrade to without bricking my Columbus? Appreciate your response. 

Delivery Part No: 3T0035680E

HW-Version: H61

SW-Version: 3984

Active Map Coverage: West Europe

Active map supplier: Navteq

Map Version HDD: 7690

Thanks

VK

Is Europe West version 7 the latest version? Picked up a superb a month ago and I'm starting to think I'm not running the latest version.

The 4 digit map version beginning with 7 doesn't mean it is v7 though if that is what you have....

Thanks for your replies guys. When purchasing my car from a skoda dealer a month ago I neogotiated in a maps update to the most recent version plus the disc should I have any "booting" issues during my ownership. The disc they gave me was "Europe West V7" which going on what Rusty said isn't even close!

Get back to them and complain I say - that is several years old!  Pretty sure it was what I was given when I bought my car three years ago and it wasn't the newest version then!

Thanks for your replies guys. When purchasing my car from a skoda dealer a month ago I neogotiated in a maps update to the most recent version plus the disc should I have any "booting" issues during my ownership. The disc they gave me was "Europe West V7" which going on what Rusty said isn't even close!

Yeah v12 is the current release. I wouldn't accept anything older than v11 or v12 as v12 was only just coming through at that time.

I have advised vkd by PM.

With help from Camberley_Chris, I've now updated firmware to 5270 and V12 maps.  :thumbup: Camberley_Chris. 

• Like 1

Get back to them and complain I say - that is several years old! Pretty sure it was what I was given when I bought my car three years ago and it wasn't the newest version then!

In that process at the moment. The dealer thinks Europe West V9 is the latest for my model car a phone call by myself to Skoda UK gave the same result, with a part number of 3T051859M. Does anyone know the part no for V12?

Edited by Mechanical Numpty

Navigations DVD für Volkswagen RNS 510 & RNS 810, 
Škoda RNS Columbus und Seat Mediasystem (CD_8195).

Content:
Continental Automotive GmbH 
I IC RD CC NAV DB PROD
Content
Volume: CD_8195
Date: 7.7.2014
db: EU(2014Q1)
Area: West Europe
Subarea: West
Supplier: Navteq
Version: 505.20.412.84
Customer Version: V12
Customer: 1627386751
Customer Info: VW
Features: V10
TPD: 2014050019
SVD: EDB_20140518
TMC: 2014070020
Phoneme: Navteq
DBAL: V006.046 V007.037 V008.703 V009.036 V010.013

PR Nr.: 7RQ
EA -Teilenummer: 1T0 919 859 B
OZ-Teilenummer: 1T0 051 859 AH

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a service from Dennis Horton in Lincoln. £150 for an interval check... Looks like an oil and filter change at the spec sheet. I asked them to check the software and the mentioned the maps were out of date but wanted £35 to update them. Looking at this thread, it looks like a bargain for a dealer, but I was under the impression it would be free.

Should I go back and get them to upgrade it? Or is there anyone in the Lincoln area that can help me out?

Hi everyone!

Yet another request for help for my columbus. The car is new to me 61 plate elegance estate, and I love it.

These are my details from the columbus itself, what are my options please ;)

Delivery Part No: 3T0035680C
HW-Version: H60
SW-Version: 3984
Active Map Coverage: West Europe
Active map supplier: Navteq
Map Version HDD: 7551

I know this is well out of date judging by the numbers etc from this thread, but everyone's systems seem to be slightly different!

Any help gratefully received!

Tony

• 4 weeks later...

Hi.

Just got new Superb 2 last week.

Map version 8195. Presume this is the latest, version 12?

Can someone remind me how to get the screen that shows the software and map versions?

I have recently had the unit changed and would like to know what version was installed.

Can someone remind me how to get the screen that shows the software and map versions?

I have recently had the unit changed and would like to know what version was installed.

hold down setup for about 5 seconds or so should do it

If you've had a new unit installed then it might not be set to show the developer menu. Press and hold the "Setup" button for about 20 seconds, and it should show the menu (if enabled) otherwise, you'll need VCDS to enable it.

• 2 weeks later...

Columbus was upgraded by the dealer to V10 but the firmware was not touched.

Delivery 3T0035680A

HW H52

SW 2844

Navteq 8048

I would like to upgrade the firmware plus go to V12 so what would be the best version of firmware to get? I have downloaded vers 4120 from the firmware website.

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum but am having the same issues regarding dealerships knowledge of Satnav firmware and software updates.

I recently purchased a lovely L&K Superb Estate 4x4 aand asked the dealer for the latest maps to be installed prior to collection....failed!

I then arranged for service at my local dealership and they want £190 to buy the latest map DVD...doh

From reading this forum I now know my unit details:

Columbus

Part Number 3T0035680E

HW Version H64

SW Version 4024

Map Version HDD 7918

I know that this is out of date as the result for navigating to my local dealership would not have got me to their new premises!

Any help on upgrading would be greatly appreciated

Regards

Richard

Rab I just collected my car on Friday 31st Jan And have SW version 6270 and map version 8048 same as in a photo above by Eyghon.

HoneyMonster,

Like you I am ex RAF Chief Tech and had a 2013 Skoda Superb Elegance Estate 4x4 but wrote it off in January.  Replacement L&K 2012 has less miles but out of date Maps and firmware, can you help an ex colleague

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

All,

Need assistance please......can someone tell me which version is this? This is from a 13MY Superb btw.......

Delivery part number 3T0035686C

HW-Version - H10

SW- version - 5238

Map coverage - west europe

supplier - navteq

I believe V12 is the latest?? Do you think with above can be upgraded to the latest version? What's new in V12 btw? Speed cameras etc?? Let me know please. Thanks.

Kind regards

Joeboy1980

You haven't listed the maps version in that list. You've got pretty much everything else though. The maps will be something like 7920 or 8048. Other than that you're not too badly off really.

No speed cameras in the official maps, just new roads in the latest versions.