Now Ive done a Blacksmoke Remap of a Fabia Vrs

whitep

After remapping my Octavia with a Blacksmoke remap, my brother pressured me to do his Fabia. Christ his car goes like a rocket now. Next up is his mates Audi a4, then my wifes a3. For the money its so worth it!

Why does this read like its you doing the mapping, and not blacksmoke??

• Like 1

So how is £250+ justified by mappers out there?

I can't speak for all mappers as I'm not one, but...

- Development time

As in PROPER time, these maps probably work, but they're basic. I've had a bad map on a Fabia, it cost me a clutch, and not just any old clutch, it killed an expensive racing clutch. Which cost me £1200 to replace, which would have more than wiped out the £200 saving on a map.

- Cost of having your own premises

Makes you look more professional, you can check over a car for general health before you map it. If your car is already having issues, a map isn't going to make things better. You may also have a dyno to be able to prove that the gains are there, no sign of that with a mobile mapper.

- Warranty

If something goes wrong and can be proved to be the remap, you stand a chance of getting something back from a proper tuner because they have some money in the business so can absorb things like this.

- Paying peoples

If you want a proper map, it's written by a skilled person, which isn't cheap. You want your car to be healthy before the map is applied, it'll be looked over by a skilled mechanic, which isn't cheap. Yes, you can check over your own car but any proper mapper is going to at least want to give it a once over for their own peace of mind to make sure that they're working on an OK car.

If you want to go cheap with maps, you'd probably be better off buying the flashing kit (which you'd need to for this anyway) and doing some reading. faboka vrs on here taught himself mapping in a pretty short period of time, and not only now has a map which cost him just the flashing equipment, also has a much better knowledge of engines and in the event something is wrong with the map, he knows where to look to fix it. That's a lot more than you'll get from just going to a £50 mapper.

My 2 pence, anyway :)

• Like 2

If you want to go cheap with maps, you'd probably be better off buying the flashing kit (which you'd need to for this anyway) and doing some reading. faboka vrs on here taught himself mapping in a pretty short period of time, and not only now has a map which cost him just the flashing equipment, also has a much better knowledge of engines and in the event something is wrong with the map, he knows where to look to fix it. That's a lot more than you'll get from just going to a £50 mapper.

Or combine those two and get faboka to map your car instead, like I and many others on here have done.

• Like 1

Sounds like a plan - will get in touch with Faboka.

Cheers,

adil

I can vouch for his map it is awesome! I'm running his high torque one at the min and I love it, smooth from 2k when you floor it and just pulls all the way to the red line. That teamed with my 0 box exhaust system makes it sound evil. Been slow at work since having it done so not done a tank to tank mpg check but it hasn't gone done from what I can tell and I've thrashed it more than I used to

So how is £250+ justified by mappers out there?

Im interested in one of these maps - how do you install?

Just add to Gavin's post, Ben (Shark) posted some rough costs for his business and it really adds up and you can see why people have to charge the money they do.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Hope to get mine soon.

Just worried about the clutch

I've got a lower torque map that I can switch to in under a minute via vcds if my clutch starts you slip. Think I'm on the original clutch at 120k and it's holding up on the high torque map