powdercoated VRS wheels

I had my BBS RD256 done in satin black, looked good but tbh the anthracite colour i did them later was much better. You tend to "lose" the wheel if it's fully black.

BBS in black:

6851565152_78fcecf367.jpg

Skoda Octavia vRS BBS RD256 by lotus-gt, on Flickr

Same wheels in audi titanium (anthracite) paint code "8AU".

8216482081_ded6edcab4.jpg

Winters on by lotus-gt, on Flickr

8380830413_e6786fbc24.jpg

BBS RD256 Titanium by lotus-gt, on Flickr

OE neptunes in bmw "sparkling graphite" (paint code BMW A22):

6103063675_f880ef6c85.jpg

Skoda vrs with mk 6 GTi skirts 2 by lotus-gt, on Flickr

These looked great but the colour is very dark - much darker than the audi titanium above - in fact it looked black in low light.

HTH.

It just occurred to me rob, are they the alloys from the seat exeo?

No, exeo wheels are the wrong offset. They are SEAT wheels though.. accessory option on the Leon but mildly customised (SEAT logo's smoothed off). Exactly the same size /spec as an oe octavia wheel.

:)

Looking to get mine done in the new year and a neighbour recommended smartrepaircompany in Saltney(?). What was the total price for doing the wheels and what was included (removing and refitting tyres, scratch repairs etc.)? That anthracite does look nice mine are the std. silver. Oh, and mine is a 2006 FL but with green calipers, did they just use them up before changing to red? Is there a differnce in spec 'cos the green ones have plenty of stopping power?

Cheers,Mike

Edited by mx49

Mine were done by a bodyshop - i wouldn't trust a smart repairer to fully paint a set of wheels - depends what sort of facilities they have though i guess. About 200 to 250 is the going rate around here.

Green vs. Red calipers is just a cost saving measure by VAG - the part is identical spec, but having red means more parts sharing across the various vag golf platforms.

• Like 1

Looking to get mine done in the new year and a neighbour recommended smartrepaircompany in Saltney(?). What was the total price for doing the wheels and what was included (removing and refitting tyres, scratch repairs etc.)? That anthracite does look nice mine are the std. silver. Oh, and mine is a 2006 FL but with green calipers, did they just use them up before changing to red? Is there a differnce in spec 'cos the green ones have plenty of stopping power?

Cheers,Mike

Youd be best to contact Chris about the full price as I think they went up after mine was done but it did include wheels off, tyres off, chemical dip, tidy up scratches (not many on mine), powder coat, paint sprayed then baked laquer. Re-fitting and balancing is also included.

It should be noted as with Robs reply that they dont actually do smart repair on wheels as its a full service.  They do body jobs which I think is where the smart repair comes from.  Not linked to them, just a happy customer. :)

Re the green calipers they were the original skoda colour.  They changed to Red when Skoda started sharing the parts bin with the golfs.

• Like 1