Yes a nearly new Yeti bought today !

Dancebluecat

Enjoy! We bought our demo car from a local dealer, and have been delighted with it. Our 1.2 S model, DSG, was 14.5K less PE allowance, so £15388 with the bits n bats seems a good deal for an Elegance. The run down will be a good shake down for it. You didn't fancy going up with OH and making an occasion out of it, no?

• Like 1

We Yeti owners certainly do mileage to get hold of them. 60mile Ferry crossing from Douglas to Birkenhead, 1 hour pick up (pre-arranged), and back across to IOM, was one of the worst crossings ever as well.Well worth it, hope you enjoy your Yeti.

Tony

Edited by manxskoda

Sounds like you've got yourself a bargain. My Elegance is on a 13 plate, cost me just on £20k with discounts and already has 4,500 miles on it (I'm sure others will be saying "only 4,500 miles!!) so to me you are well ahead of the game even within the air fare. If you enjoy it half as much as I'm enjoying mine, you are not going to be disappointed.

Makes you wonder why we all don't buy nearly new with a 25% saving on the current £20k new price for this Lady's Elegance (assuming it is the 1.2TSI  with no options).

Does not seem worth shopping around for a 15% new car discount does it, if you are not bothered about spec/colour/options?

With just 2500 miles and current year, it is an absolute bargain. Mind you, makes you wonder where they get the Yeti high residuals from, as this represents a 25% drop in around 6 months.

Just had a look at Parker's used car guide, and they list a 2012/62 plate Elegance 1.2 with 10k miles for £16k.

Perhaps we should all buy from Scotland.

The irony is that I drove from north west Scotland to Nottinghamshire to get my new yeti and saved £2.5k compared to local dealers.

Sounds and looks like you got a good deal on a lovely car. You will love it  :rock:

• Like 1

Myself and the other half being owners of a Yeti for the last 10 days now, are pretty sure that you and hubby will not only enjoy it but gonna actually LOVE it. Wish you the best and welcome to the Yeti-ans :-)

Congrats Dancebluecat, well done on your new purchase.

I hope it's everything you've dreamed of.  :yes:

Shame you don't get to enjoy the drive back one :(

After first contemplating a Yeti back in June, waiting for the FL photos to surface and whether or not to go for an old version or the new version, we have decided to take the plunge and order a nearly new Aqua Blue 2013 Yeti Elegance - so excited! 2095 miles on the clock, 1 previous owner and priced at £15,500 which we managed to wangle down to £15,388 plus one year's road tax and £25 worth of petrol.

We can pick the car up next Tuesday but the downside to this bargain is it is up in Scotland and we are down in Berkshire, t

Never fear my husband has booked his flight to Edinburgh for next week, the dealer is meeting him at the airport, paperwork to be completed and he will drive off home (a mere 6.5 hours drive).................

I can't wait to see it in the flesh so to speak  :rofl:

Looks and sounds a good deal, enjoy when hubby gets it home to you, 6.5hrs will be a breeze in the yeti :thumbup:  

Thanks everyone - still can't believe we will be getting our Yeti soon!

In answer to the question did we buy just from fotos - yes we did but we have test driven one in Reading already and the salesman assures me it is in immaculate condition - my husband wont be a pushover if there is something wrong with the car either, so I am fairly confident.

Now all I need is one of those Plush Yetis to sit in the back!

Very tempted to do the drive down with DH but logistics are difficult to manage...............

• Like 1

The irony is that I drove from north west Scotland to Nottinghamshire to get my new yeti and saved £2.5k compared to local dealers.

Sounds and looks like you got a good deal on a lovely car. You will love it  :rock:

That is indeed irony Marie...................there seemed to be a few in the Scottish lowlands going at reasonable rates so not sure why there is an abundance of Yetis there. Now all I need to pray for is NO SNOW.......................even if it is a Yeti!

• Like 1

Aqua Blue, great colour, same as mine. When I bought mine at the end of April I spotted it on-line at a near by Skoda dealers. I just wanted an automatic, already had a 1.2 SE 11 plate Yeti. Went to see it & fell in love with it, had to be an Auto though first of all, everything else was a bonus, 4x4, 2L diesel engine And Aqua Blue colour too!

Happy motoring when it arrives, I feel sure you will love it.

• Like 1

That's a good deal. Those Yetis in Edinburgh have been on Autotrader for weeks now and are a cracking good deal. My local Skoda dealer says he doesn't know how they are doing it at those prices. I was tempted but really wanted a Red DSG. Got one in the colour I wanted at my local dealer but not as good a deal as you have got.

I've bought loads of cars all over the country by photo only and never been disappointed when I've actually seen the car.

• Like 1

Ooh it is almost Tuesday - cant wait to see my new Yeti around tea time on Tuesday after its long journey south........................will post photos x

I hate waiting for a new car, I never know how people cope with ordering one that needs to be built.

• Like 1

I hate waiting for a new car, I never know how people cope with ordering one that needs to be built.

They don't if they are like me. I can just about cope with a month and that's it. My last new car (VW) was a 3 month wait and boy was it hard.

Now, with my FL order not even having a build date yet (ordered 7th Oct, but admittedly changed model 3 weeks ago), and with a probable 5 month wait in total - well, lets just say I am.......... "frustrated"!

Do not wish to put a damper on what is joyful occasion with the arrival of a new car;

Firstly would never deal with Arnold Clark after all the hassles I had with them a few years ago when my parents bought a nearly new ford c-max from them.

Second I would never buy a car from a dealer 500 miles away, no mater how much I saved, support your local dealer and if there are problems at least they are around the corner. Yes this deal is £3.5k cheaper than the new elegance I bought in the summer, but you have to take a day off work to collect, cost of plane ticket and fuel to collect and bring home, so the saving comes down.

No way I would commit to buying a car without seeing it and test driving.

Hopefully it is not Arnold Clark who you have purchased from but what price do you put on potential future hassles with them if it is.

Also have you purchased for cash or needed to take out finance, if finance the interest on the loan further reduces the saving not to mention the free 3 years servicing you can currently get.

So factor in the above and suspect you could have a got a reasonable deal from you local dealer and if it's such a good deal why have the locals not snapped them up or why does the dealer have to offer such blinding good deals to shift Yeti's which sell themselves.

That said I hope everything goes ok with your purchase and you are very happy with it and have years of trouble free motoring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1