Rapid VCDS Tweaks

DaleW

VAS is used by Skoda dealers. It's there main diagnostics machine for VAG cars.

VCDS is basically the same and is available for the public to purchase from Ross Tech with a proper license but has more functions available than VAS which seems odd [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dale I'm hoping your gonna set mine to one press open all doors when it comes in for a service next month? Drives me mad have to press it about 5 times!

Would be good to know if there are any additional things we can do, as I have a growing list of tweaks I want (and need) done to my car:

Dial staging (want, just because it looks cool)

Single unlock with remote unlocks whole car (need, getting fed up with forgetting to double press in quick succession)

Increase rapid fire indicators to 5 flashes (need, three isn't enough)

Enable digital mph speed display on Maxidot (want, last car had a digital speedo, starting to realise I don't like analog dials so much)

Audible blip when arming/disarming alarm (would like to have, but pretty sure it's illegal in the UK)

No dial staging

No mph

Tried today

• Like 1

Weird, as we have seen the videos showing dial staging and the illegal alarm blip, and something else (can't remember what) done on a Rapid.

Might not be uk spec

Also very possible, but would be surprised if Skoda spent time and money creating a bespoke, hobbled firmware for the UK, would have expected it to be a multi-language single firmware for all regions.

Sent from my iPad Mini with Retina using Tapatalk, please excuse any typos.

• 2 months later...

It already is rapid... google skoda rapid nurburgring. The 1.2 managed 9:17 on tiny 15 inch tyres!! all on youtube :)

I was reading the other day about unsprung weight and what a difference lighter wheels make... Although they might look poo but would indeed make the car faster! With that in mind I'm trying to find wheel weight for standard wheels to compare them to after market ones...

• 2 weeks later...

Would be good to know if there are any additional things we can do, as I have a growing list of tweaks I want (and need) done to my car:

Dial staging (want, just because it looks cool)

Single unlock with remote unlocks whole car (need, getting fed up with forgetting to double press in quick succession)

Increase rapid fire indicators to 5 flashes (need, three isn't enough)

Enable digital mph speed display on Maxidot (want, last car had a digital speedo, starting to realise I don't like analog dials so much)

Audible blip when arming/disarming alarm (would like to have, but pretty sure it's illegal in the UK)

http://www.caristaapp.com  this should give you the ability to edit what you need... or get in touch of you live near Cheltenham :)

Does anyone no if total closure is an option on the rapid?

I.e hold the unlock = windows down

Hold lock = windows up.

I really miss that little feature.

I've just downloaded http://www.caristaapp.com and it says its possible BUT I've just had my windows tinted so I'm not able to try it out for the next two week!!!

I'll let you know once the film has dried out :)