Zeb's Octavia MK2 VRS - A few little tweeks here and there...

Zuhayb

In my case I had one bad experience with them. Thanks to Damian all was done and dusted within minutes, they will arrive either tomorrow or Wednesday. Budget was tight so had to go for Pro Sport in the end, not too keen on them but will see how it goes :(

Thanks for the warm comment guys. All plans are going pair shaped, I need to sort out the rust on door seal on both sides, as rust is starting to bubble up, and need to replace timing belt and water pump as it's over due, just checked the service book and it was last done 68K miles...Great! On the other side car has been booked in with Mitch - Streetwise Auto on Friday to fit coilovers.

Coilovers arrived early this morning.

13714388403_7b518d0599_o.jpg

IMG_2574 by zuhaybraja, on Flickr

13714359615_c9533fc496_o.jpg
IMG_2577 by zuhaybraja, on Flickr

Will give you updates once it's fitted ;)

Thanks for the warm comment guys. All plans are going pair shaped, I need to sort out the rust on door seal on both sides, as rust is starting to bubble up, and need to replace timing belt and water pump as it's over due, just checked the service book and it was last done 68K miles...Great! On the other side car has been booked in with Mitch - Streetwise Auto on Friday to fit coilovers.

Coilovers arrived early this morning.

13714388403_7b518d0599_o.jpg

IMG_2574 by zuhaybraja, on Flickr

13714359615_c9533fc496_o.jpg

IMG_2577 by zuhaybraja, on Flickr

Will give you updates once it's fitted ;)

Looking nice! Still awaiting my coilovers... :(

• Like 1

dohboy78: Please don't tell me you ordered coilovers from Demon Tweeks? Which ones did you go for? Not too keen on them, not having any high expectations from these. 

dohboy78: Please don't tell me you ordered coilovers from Demon Tweeks? Which ones did you go for? Not too keen on them, not having any high expectations from these.

No not from Demon... From Damien at DPM Performance... He's chasing APEX uk after chasing APEX Germany! Hopefully here soon.

• Like 1

Apex RDX... Reportedly comfortable and very adjustable... Up to 80mm drop!

Damian is the one to order your Coilovers and VAG Parts. I've heard good reviews on Apex RDX, I had a shorter time scale and budget so went for these pro ones instead. That goes pretty damn low, think mines goes down to 30-70mm front and rear. Are you going to sell your H&R Springs? 

Damian is the one to order your Coilovers and VAG Parts. I've heard good reviews on Apex RDX, I had a shorter time scale and budget so went for these pro ones instead. That goes pretty damn low, think mines goes down to 30-70mm front and rear. Are you going to sell your H&R Springs?

Springs and dampers... Got the cup kit! For sale as soon as they are off my car.

• Like 1

Got my coilovers fitted today, looks better than before. May need to lower the front next week. Will have to wait till it's settled down. The rears do rub when going on speed humps, I guess that means I will have to fit 215 on all 4 corners to avoid the rubbing. The rear shocks are OEM, cause the pro sports shocks kept on raising itself for some odd reason which is very unusual. 

13781797493_9f5cb02635_o.jpg
IMG_2603 by zuhaybraja, on Flickr

13781799305_4c2986bda9_o.jpg
IMG_2601 by zuhaybraja, on Flickr

13782146314_91708aa793_o.jpg

IMG_2597 by zuhaybraja, on Flickr

13782153174_e63fe3576d_o.jpg
IMG_2595 by zuhaybraja, on Flickr

13781825395_5d217f33f7_o.jpg
IMG_2593 by zuhaybraja, on Flickr

After all that abuse on facebook, I'm going to slam the fronts all the way down early next week just to shut you guys up lol 

:P

You can't just wind the fronts down lol, I did tell you to get the rears flared while they were doing the fronts :)

I won't say "I told you so" :D

• Like 1

Somethings just don't go to plan...

My rear Pro sport shocks are faulty as they kept on going back to it's original position every time they tried to lower it. 

The car is now fitted with OEM shocks, and slightly raised as they were/are too bouncy, therefore causing the rubbing every time on uneven roads and speed humps. 

I will be heading to Salsbury next week as that's where their head office is based, I'm hoping they will give me a replacement set asap. 

• 2 weeks later...

After a trip down to Castle Combe with the members, I have decided to do a few little upgrades to my Octy for the track day at Castle Combe Circuit :D Anti roll bar kit will be on the Octavia and stock Zeniths wheels from Simon Mayo will be fitted for that specific day. Induction kit ordered, and a few other exterior mods as well as wheel refurb on my Speedlines. Timing belt is well over due by 2 years :0 so that will be changed next week.

Rear end will be lowered again, thanks to Pro Sport saying my shocks are not faulty!