Post your Mk3 Octavia photos!

9 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

Those wheels look like 18" Turini's (not sure about my spelling), but they suit your car very well. We enjoyed our 2015 holiday in Croatia, based around Pula.B)

Yes, you're right...these are 18" Turini wheels :) I wanna buy 19" Xtreme (black)...
P.S. Come to Split or Trogir B)

6 minutes ago, Poirot said:

Yes, you're right...these are 18" Turini wheels :) I wanna buy 19" Xtreme (black)...
P.S. Come to Split or Trogir B)

We really wanted to take the seaplane from Pula to Split for 99 Euro's each but didn't take enough cash with us as we would have had a great view along the beautiful coastline. Went on the Hydrofoil day trip to Venice instead. What a boat that was cruising at 40 knots above the waves. Proper LUXURY. 90 NAUTICAL MILES IN 2.5 hours.B)

Someone asked a cheeky question "SO WHAT'S SPECIAL ABOUT YOUR CAR". Well apart from the obvious fact it has 120BHP more than the VRS Tdi and 85BHP more than the VRS220, check out this economy and tell me you get this from your much slower standard cars!

image.jpg

image.jpg

1 hour ago, shyVRS245 said:

Someone asked a cheeky question "SO WHAT'S SPECIAL ABOUT YOUR CAR". Well apart from the obvious fact it has 120BHP more than the VRS Tdi and 85BHP more than the VRS220, check out this economy and tell me you get this from your much slower standard cars!

image.jpg

image.jpg

I’m new here, what have you had done?

2 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Can I have a drive?  :D:D

2 hours ago, shyVRS245 said:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Apples and pears. A mapped 220 would be knocking on the door of very similar power and economy figures. A mapped TDI 184 would be knocking on the door of about 235ps and 60+ mpg for the same kind of journey.

Sure the mpg and power combination is good, just not sure what you're trying to achieve with the comparison.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shorty76 said:

I’m new here, what have you had done?

Just AMD custom re-map giving 302bhp @5,500rpm and 467NM (345lb/ft) of torque @2,800rpm. Midrange probably pulls harder than a Golf R, will embarrass most German Prestige company cars!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ahenners said:

Apples and pears. A mapped 220 would be knocking on the door of very similar power and economy figures. A mapped TDI 184 would be knocking on the door of about 235ps and 60+ mpg for the same kind of journey.

Sure the mpg and power combination is good, just not sure what you're trying to achieve with the comparison.

I can achieve 49.7/49.8mpg on my commute (just 26miles) whereas diesels are better on longer journeys and even a re-mapped VRS diesel would be no match even with DSG.

3 minutes ago, shyVRS245 said:

I can achieve 49.7/49.8mpg on my commute (just 26miles) whereas diesels are better on longer journeys and even a re-mapped VRS diesel would be no match even with DSG.

On a 26 mile journey, a diesel will be fully warmed up and capable of returning a better figure. Like for like the diesel is more economical by its very nature. At legal speeds on public roads a mapped 245 isn't going to be significantly quicker than a mapped TDI 184 and leave the other for dust.

My commute to work is 23 miles and I can obtain 45mpg without particularly trying. The figures you are getting are not some mythical, unobtainable figures. Yes you have the map and the extra power but as you aren't using it for most of that 26 mile journey the fuel consumption is practically the same. 

I'm just not sure what point you are trying to make about diesels and standard TSIs :speechless:

• Like 1

On 22/07/2018 at 18:37, shyVRS245 said:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Apologies in advance, but it took you 1:33h to do 67miles?

drops the mic

:clap:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@john999boy

Any chance we can clean up/get this thread back on topic?

I for one am getting pretty tired of a certain '160mph/302bhp/45mpg' vRS popping up on every available (usually irrelevant) thread...for instance, just because there's a couple of pictures involved doesn't make it relevant to this thread IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just to add to this , my tdi is now pushing 400 bhp and 49 mpg . That low powered 245 would not stand a-chance . My fronts have had to have 300 pound toyo sports extremes put on coz the torque just wastes any other tyres . 

Hale to the diesel 

5 hours ago, courty said:

Apologies in advance, but it took you 1:33h to do 67miles?

drops the mic

:clap:

3 Journey's actually so your sarcasm was mistaken because you made a massive assumption. Never assume anything unless you know all the facts or you end up looking silly!:blink:

• Haha 2