Post your Mk3 Octavia photos!

Might as well add a photo of my car.

So far, I love this car, I can't believe the step up in quality and the car in general compared to my previous 12 plate vRS Diesel DSG Hatchback.  The quality seems good, the toys are excellent, the room os much better, the front seats are just astounding, so comfortable and really hold you in a comfortable position.

Overall, it is the best move I made car wise for a very long time!

Dealer was good, done everything I asked of them and more, the wait for it being from mid-September was a long time, but thats down to Skoda, not a dealer issue, the dealer done everything to make the wait better including loan car when I needed a larger car, they taxed my PX as that run out during the wait and I refused to tax it as the tax was due past the original delivery due date, so they were definitely very good and understood the whole situation, just a shame that the dealer is closing soon, but, they are staying as the local Skoda service and warranty garage, just the sales side is closing.

So far my favourite bits of the car are the Canton as that just makes things sound much better and will I believe get better with time, even early on it sounds good, and the Xenon's, never had them before so was looking forward to them and am not disappointed!

IMG_2978_zps06bedc06.jpg

• Like 3

Ordered 5th Steptember, through lease company, so not sure exact order date to Skoda, and not sure on Build Week, but I am pretty sure I must be one of only a handful with a 14 plate and Front Assist

Brought mine from Griffin Mill  so far Fantastic service and been well informed throughout

Im from Ponty so will keep my eyes out for your motor.

Mine expected third week in march

Same colour as yours

Vrs hatch

Was it worth the wait ?

I've had mine since 6th November. I'm in for my 1st service next week. I just look for any excuse to get in and drive it. I'm in Treorchy, keep an eye out if you venture up the valley. Haha, we could even compare notes. You'll not be disappointed.

... just a shame that the dealer is closing soon, but, they are staying as the local Skoda service and warranty garage, just the sales side is closing.

James, which dealer is that?

Torchythomas

Looking forward to seeing your motor

Griffin mill have given us a rapid spaceback with 300 miles on the clock until mine arrives

as the insurance ran out on my current skoda superb 2.8 v6 30v on an 03 plate on the 1st of march

Happy days

• Like 1

:blush:  :love:  :happy:  :rofl:

You prove that Meteor grey is the best VRS colour :D also changed my color from Metal grey to Meteor grey because of similar pictures. I'm going to wrap the roof and spoiler in gloss black just to make it look even better

• Like 1

You prove that Meteor grey is the best VRS colour :D also changed my color from Metal grey to Meteor grey because of similar pictures. I'm going to wrap the roof and spoiler in gloss black just to make it look even better

Mines is getting the roof done soon. Undecided whether to do the spoiler.

:blush:  :love:  :happy:  :rofl:

Notice that's a 14 plate from Alex Lawrie, did you manage to negotiate the 14 plate via a delay or was it pure chance?!

Will add mine from the day I got it home..

I picked mine up from Lee at Preston Motors today. Excellent service, and car appears faultless. Panel gaps are spot on, seals are fine, paint looks perfect.

Now all I need to do is work out how to get the car to read music from my SD card, and why stop-start isn't engaging (probably me learning the ropes). Loving the car after 2 hours.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

That looks extremely high on the front? Is it where it is parked?

Looks a great colour combo however :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked mine up from Lee at Preston Motors today. Excellent service, and car appears faultless. Panel gaps are spot on, seals are fine, paint looks perfect.

Now all I need to do is work out how to get the car to read music from my SD card, and why stop-start isn't engaging (probably me learning the ropes). Loving the car after 2 hours.

Bloody SD card!  Driving me nuts!  Some folders show the album art, some folders don't, some folders have a full album of music, some folders have a folder of music plus a full duplicate set of tracks that the Amundsen won't play!

I think its likely to do with something with doing it on a Mac, so I might try the same files onto an SD card from my sons Windows based laptop, but, in the meantime it drives me nuts!

Stop/Start, I actually like that, and it does work intermittent on mine, however I put that down to some sort of regulator on the voltage for the starter motor to kick back in? 

Bloody SD card!  Driving me nuts!  Some folders show the album art, some folders don't, some folders have a full album of music, some folders have a folder of music plus a full duplicate set of tracks that the Amundsen won't play!

I think its likely to do with something with doing it on a Mac, so I might try the same files onto an SD card from my sons Windows based laptop, but, in the meantime it drives me nuts!

Stop/Start, I actually like that, and it does work intermittent on mine, however I put that down to some sort of regulator on the voltage for the starter motor to kick back in? 

Have a look through your itunes library on your mac first. 

I've got got around to sorting my music files out in preparation for swapping my cars over tomorrow and itunes had things duplicated in different places and some tracks were missing the album art (in the same album!)

Stop start doesn't work everytime. There are 101 things that have to right before it will. It's all in the handbook - and on here :)

That looks extremely high on the front? Is it where it is parked?

Looks a great colour combo however :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Front height is fine, I took the top photo from a very low position, so was almost looking up at the car. The bottom photo shows that the drivers side front wheel was also sitting in a bit of a dip (uneven forest ground).

edit: Here's one of the passenger side of the car. I think both the drivers side front and passenger side left rear wheels were sitting in dips. I must ask the local Authorities to iron things out.

4sy3.jpg

Edited by Orville
  • Like 3

Shame we dont get the sport pack option in the UK, the seats are great and id have liked a 3 spoke wheel on my manual Elegance; not possible in the UK without an expensive retrofit.

Edited by pipsyp

Shame we dont get the sport pack option in the UK, the seats are great and id have liked a 3 spoke wheel on my manual Elegance; not possible in the UK without an expensive retrofit.

Yeah, the options list in the UK was pretty limited compared to the European models.

Its strange really when these components are alreadiy available & they can charge extra for them.

http://auto.bazos.cz/inzerat/31271569/Volant-Skoda-Octavia-3-RS-perforace--bila-nit-a-DSG-padla.php

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Octavia-III-original-3-spoke-steering-wheel-with-custom-PERFORATED-LEATHER-RED-design

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/OCTAVIA-III/Steering-wheel-from-Octavia-III-RS-WHITE-STITCHING

Edited by hravec

I keep flipping between 'Race Blue is the boring choice' to 'Race Blue is the AWESOME choice'. I've ordered met grey, but boy the Race Blue VRS's look great in pics and even better in the metal.