Post your Mk3 Octavia photos!

Yes, they are Alaris.

Cheers I like them, a little like bigger terons. Prefer them to Golus for sure....shame we dont even have the option of those in UK.

Cheers I like them, a little like bigger terons. Prefer them to Golus for sure....shame we dont even have the option of those in UK.

Why is that?? Seems odd that you can spec them in Ireland but not in UK...

Pretty similar to Terons alright without the indented part, and bigger obviously as you say. I like them too, I'd like them even more if they were on my car though!!

Yes UK Elegance has rather a good standard spec (with standard half leather, nav, DAB, Bluetooth and voice control and intelligent light assist and now ACC and park assist) but our offered optional extras are a bit lacking.

One thing the UK really misses out on is the dynamic pack which gives you cloth vRS-esque sports seats which are loads more supportive than those in the Elegance. The front seats are one of my major pet hates with the car as I have a bad back and feel they are making it worse if anything.

It rarely looks that good, which would be my only problem with the black paint. It does get dirty very quickly! And make sure you go for the sunset glass, we didn't and ended up having the windows tinted. Looks much better. 

Dog guard is an official Skoda one. It was the only one I could find that would fit around the sunroof. Unfortunately, they have drilled the headlining to fit it so I don't know what happens if you ever want to remove it. I can take some pics if you're interested?

• Like 1

I got a good dog guard for my Monte, from the roofbox Co on the interweb, it attaches to the rear headrest uprights with good sturdy clamps and is easily removed, I'm sure it would be suitable for the octy.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

See my dog guard...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/index.php?/topic/305121-New-Octavia-Estate-vRS-2%2E0-TDI-DSG-Ordered%21/page__view__findpost__p__3948716

No drilling, and it has a divider. The Skoda one is awful and more expensive in comparison!

It only touches the roof behind where the sunroof is.

I have a spare divider for cars with variable boot floor of anyone is interested (I was the guinea pig for fitment and have the non variable boot floor, they sent the wrong one).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a good dog guard for my Monte, from the roofbox Co on the interweb, it attaches to the rear headrest uprights with good sturdy clamps and is easily removed, I'm sure it would be suitable for the octy.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

See my dog guard...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/index.php?/topic/305121-New-Octavia-Estate-vRS-2%2E0-TDI-DSG-Ordered%21/page__view__findpost__p__3948716

No drilling, and it has a divider. The Skoda one is awful and more expensive in comparison!

I have a spare divider for cars with variable boot floor of anyone is interested (I was the guinea pig for fitment and have the non variable boot floor, they sent the wrong one).

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't say the Skoda one was the best (or the cheapest at £117) but it was the only one that would seemingly fit with the lower headlining caused by the sunroof. Having said that, it doesn't rattle and fits the aperture perfectly so really my only complaint would be the drilling into the headlining that is required. 

• Like 1

Personally I'd be getting a new headliner fitted by them free of charge and a refund and getting one that doesn't devalue my car!

But who else does one that fits around the sunroof?

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't say the Skoda one was the best (or the cheapest at £117) but it was the only one that would seemingly fit with the lower headlining caused by the sunroof. Having said that, it doesn't rattle and fits the aperture perfectly so really my only complaint would be the drilling into the headlining that is required.

Do you know if the dog guard can use the same fixtures in the roof as the diving net?

Edited by Gromle

Most OEM Skoda guards need drilling....wouldnt affect the value of your car.

Id envisage the kit probably came with some adornments to finish the holes created and possibly blockbthe off tor when the guard isnt in situ.  How well its all executed depends on the supplying dealer.

When we had a pooch I always favoured travall guards as they were reasonably priced well made and tailored to fit the car precisely without any drilling.

I didnt bother with the Skoda one as it cost a fortune, didnt much like the sound of it having to be drilled and my supplying dealer wanted to charge me labour to fit it too (as he felt he'd already given me enough on the deal...which in the cold light of day they hadnt really).

Picked mine up yesterday...have only managed 20kms in her so far (and two hours sat on the driveway playing with all the tech stuff whilst reading the manual....) 

This is a link to my spec... http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/350190-octavia-build-dates-for-new-orders/?p=4202612

DSC00700_zpsjkqshvrw.jpgDSC00701_zps0ssz0m4t.jpgDSC00695_zpsbhcfmlwa.jpg

Looking good.

I like the full sunset glass, when you spec it in the UK the front windows have to remain factory tint, and to me the cars always look unfinished/half done.

Picked mine up yesterday...have only managed 20kms in her so far (and two hours sat on the driveway playing with all the tech stuff whilst reading the manual....) 

This is a link to my spec... http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/350190-octavia-build-dates-for-new-orders/?p=4202612

DSC00700_zpsjkqshvrw.jpgDSC00701_zps0ssz0m4t.jpgDSC00695_zpsbhcfmlwa.jpg

Best clour I've seen with the 19" wheels.

• Like 3