Post your Mk3 Octavia photos!

Nice pal - got mine today too.... have your tried smartlink - mine says something about needing a key to activate???

What on earth is smartlink? I've just been driving it - will read the bumf at the weekend.  Nearly didn't manage to put any fuel in it while trying to find the fuel cap release! :blush: 

Goes well :thumbup: 

Gaz 

Got them done from hydrographicdipping.co.uk

(Diamond Wheels) in Stockport.

Do you have to take the parts off the vehicle for wrapping or can it be done in situ. If you need to take the parts off, do you have a bodyshop manual (you seem to have taken off a lot of parts with ease).

What on earth is smartlink? I've just been driving it - will read the bumf at the weekend.  Nearly didn't manage to put any fuel in it while trying to find the fuel cap release! :blush:

Goes well :thumbup:

Gaz 

Did you get your car new, I thought Skoda stopped selling Sprint Yellow?

Having to wait until middle of next week for mine now as there's a delay getting the car registered and lease papers released. Had been told Saturday!! They've had the car since Monday too. Ah Well.

You have to send them the parts, it takes 3-4 days for the parts to be ready, as they have to clean and prep them before dipping. Don't have a manual, it's fairly simple to take parts of trim off once you start. ( only engine parts dipped, rest of the trim wrapped using vinyl by myself. )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Did you get your car new, I thought Skoda stopped selling Sprint Yellow?

Yep, brand spanking - I even had the novelty of a selection of numberplates to choose from.  Does yellow make mine exclusive then?  :notme:

Gaz

• Like 1

Day 2 - allways had Audi cars, 2.0 diesel 170's, 3.2 petrols but for my last car in a moment on madness i thought a volvo v60 1.6Drive R-Design would be a good idea... it wasnt!!!  

So things im used to which i hated not having that I now have again are simple....

1. Allways manuals but the volvo didnt have a footrest - having this back is brilliant!!

2. The volvo would not display current speed in the dash in mph - only kmh and the dials were awful for looking at

3. Bluetooth/usb media - volvo had a MP3 reading CD player

4. Back to a decent engine with some good pull and confident overtaking!!

Things im disappointed at

1. Should have ordered factory tint, its on lease so didnt want to spec up but it needs this - getting aftermarket 20% done

2. Smartlink/carplay is not enabled - being IT and thinking this was standard on MY16 I was looking forward to this most!

3. Does Satnav allow postcode input?  

Let's end the colour argument.......[emoji837][emoji835]️8e856b8b1c07866081ff8c2e216c34ee.jpgfb5bb2f52655b82af998dcea3e91f880.jpg4782084d91d132b721a535a991415dca.jpg0532ff6f93f75be01fd5580333f9112d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That looks amazing so glad I also went red. May have to get my roof wrapped.
  • Like 2

Pics from Nurburgring this week. Car has an Eibach Pro-kit lowering spring kit and 20mm/30mm spacers. Tuned by BSR to 301hk/421Nm, warranty take-over by tuner. The car felt very nice on the track.

376291-3615920.jpg

large_376291-3615949.jpg

376291-3616545.jpg

Edited by malerasjon
  • Like 4

That looks amazing so glad I also went red. May have to get my roof wrapped.

I really like Carrida red, but after having owned a Mk1 VRS in that colour for 11 years swmbo said it was time for a change, plus I love the race blue.

Anyway to the point.

Iamholam, from experience the roof wrapping I think isn't as good as having it painted.

I had my roof wrapped in 3M gloss black a week after collecting it new from the Dealer to match the sunroof surround, and despite being assured it would match the shine of the surround after a couple of coats of quality wax it never did.

I tried living with it but it always bugged me, so the week before National day it went to the body shop and had it done properly.

Me happy bunny now  :sun:

• Like 1

I really like Carrida red, but after having owned a Mk1 VRS in that colour for 11 years swmbo said it was time for a change, plus I love the race blue.

Anyway to the point.

Iamholam, from experience the roof wrapping I think isn't as good as having it painted.

I had my roof wrapped in 3M gloss black a week after collecting it new from the Dealer to match the sunroof surround, and despite being assured it would match the shine of the surround after a couple of coats of quality wax it never did.

I tried living with it but it always bugged me, so the week before National day it went to the body shop and had it done properly.

Me happy bunny now :sun:

How much to paint compared to wrapping? Don't think I could justify the price either way but I can dream!

I only had it done because I think the roof just looks odd if the sunroof is fitted, being all black for the front 2/3rds, and the remaining 1/3 the colour of the car. Which is fine if your car is black!

The wrap was £85, but to have it sprayed black (2 pack, exact match to the sunroof surround)), and have the upper rear spoiler done the same and fitted was £155.

• Like 1