Retrofiting factory options

Not yet, a few of the Golf 7 guys have been looking at this for months. Versions of door controllers come in to it apparently. Not something I'm going to spend time on as it would annoy me!

Sent from my phone so please excuse brevity and spelling

• 3 weeks later...

any news on the side mirrors to fold out when we unlock the car?

I think this only works with KESSY. Mine does it every time I lock/unlock the car (fold/unfold). I have tested several cars with keys and didn't have that automatically for the mirrors

Anyone made any progress on retrofitting Mitsumi?

I believe someone said they managed to get their iphone to partially work just through the standard USB anyway? Obviously not as good as a proper link though.

I'm still wondering about getting cruise control retrofitted. I would love to get that.

I believe someone said they managed to get their iphone to partially work just through the standard USB anyway? Obviously not as good as a proper link though.

I'm still wondering about getting cruise control retrofitted. I would love to get that.

The only way an apple product work through the standard USB is if you have a Columbus.

• 2 weeks later...

My (UK) spec Elegance will fold its door mirrors away when I lock it with the key fob. Looks good when you unlock the doors , with key fob, at night and the puddle lights swival around. But I understand that the motors for folding door mirrors are only in the elegance. p.s. I would love to have the dipping nearside mirror as all the kit is there and just a software upgrade needed. Come on SUK give it to us on the web so we can use a 'sd' card to upgrade .

Good idea fellow Skoda drivers ?

Regards

Colin.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone managed to find out if driving selection mode can be retrofitted ? - I don't really care about the sound generator it's the button and functionality I require as

as I recently purchased and ex Demo 2013 Octavia Combi vRS from a dealer- which basically has only standard options as here in Ireland due to our penal VRT System all new vehicles are usually a very minimal and stripped down spec when compared to the standard UK/European spec to keep prices down hence I am looking to add some options such as those requested by the original poster.

- driving activity assistant,

- crew protection,
- lane assist. 

Plus what ever else I can add cheaply. However the dealer basically told me virtually nothing that I asked about can be added after delivery (Foldable Mirrors, Amundsen/ Columbus,Kessy,Drive Mode Selection, Driver Activity Assistant,Lane Assistant,Colour Maxi Dot, Electric Boot) and if it could it was a lot of time hassle and extra money!

I think your dealer is correct - if you think about it logically, then if the dealer could fit all the options, they'd do it that way so that all the cars leaving the factory were essentially the same.  It would increase the number they can push out and decrease waiting times.  It would probably also make the base price cheaper, but the options would be more expensive.

There is a reason they're "factory fitted options" though... and that's because they're not just things that are bolted onto the car, they're different parts completely.  So if you want to retrofit them, then you're looking at wasting a whole host of parts, and if it is possible, it will cost a lot.

The best example of this was the Ford Racing Puma - as good a car as it was, the reason it cost > £20k was because they basically took standard Pumas from the end of the production line, shipped them off to whoever did the conversions, and then replaced the engines and most of the body panels, the seats, and loads of other bits (suspension etc.).  It ended up costing about twice the cost of the basic car, which was just plain silly.

Has anyone managed to find out if driving selection mode can be retrofitted ? - I don't really care about the sound generator it's the button and functionality I require as

as I recently purchased and ex Demo 2013 Octavia Combi vRS from a dealer- which basically has only standard options as here in Ireland due to our penal VRT System all new vehicles are usually a very minimal and stripped down spec when compared to the standard UK/European spec to keep prices down hence I am looking to add some options such as those requested by the original poster.

- driving activity assistant,

- crew protection,

- lane assist. 

Plus what ever else I can add cheaply. However the dealer basically told me virtually nothing that I asked about can be added after delivery (Foldable Mirrors, Amundsen/ Columbus,Kessy,Drive Mode Selection, Driver Activity Assistant,Lane Assistant,Colour Maxi Dot, Electric Boot) and if it could it was a lot of time hassle and extra money!

Heck… you guys get really screwed on price and options over there… and I thought we sometimes got a bum deal compared to other European countries. Feel lucky now (at your expense… sorry!) and won't moan about about what we 'don't' get anymore!

• Like 1

Any news on retrofitting the driving mode button and the vcds codes needed?

Quite a few very clever Polish and German users have been trying this for months and still no joy.

It is more than just the buttons and a bot of cabling and coding - The CAN Gateway needs extra code uploading to it plus a whole host of other modules need to be recoded.

• Like 1

I think this only works with KESSY. Mine does it every time I lock/unlock the car (fold/unfold). I have tested several cars with keys and didn't have that automatically for the mirrors

I thought all cars with folding mirrors as standard from build week 45 ish had the new door controllers that enabled unfolding on opening?

• 11 months later...

Hmm.. My 135rs build date 3/14 doesn't have drive mode, rvc, tilting passenger mirror, puddle lights or folding mirrors... Did I get jipped?

Hmm.. My 135rs build date 3/14 doesn't have drive mode, rvc, tilting passenger mirror, puddle lights or folding mirrors... Did I get jipped?

Different regions have different options as standard fit.

For example, UK has drive mode and bluetooth as standard, in other regions you have to pay for these as options.