vRS: Fraying seats or Fuzzing seat material. You had this problem?

vRS: Fraying seats or Fuzzing seat material. You had this problem?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. vRS: Fraying seats or Fuzzing seat material. You had this problem?

• Yes, I have this problem
    • No, I have not had this problem

I've voted:

No' date=' I have not had this problem[/color']

... but only because I had the seats recovered in Leather prior to delivery

It's always been a potential "dealer fit" option - but it's not a Skoda option. Mine outsources to a local upholsterer.

Coolio.

But why haven't you put pictures of said interior on your gallery please? All I can see is a 6" high number-plate, and a high-viz jacket. ;)

plate3-med.jpg

Sort it out! :thumbup:

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*** NEWS UPDATE ***

Skoda UK passed this/these problems to Skoda CZ about a week and a half ago. I had a call yesterday to say that Skoda CZ senior technical representative was looking into it, and I'd hear back before the end today (Friday 12 August 05) as to his/her decision.

I await a phone call.

*** NEWS UPDATE ***

Skoda UK passed this/these problems to Skoda CZ about a week and a half ago. I had a call yesterday to say that Skoda CZ senior technical representative was looking into it' date=' and I'd hear back before the end today (Friday 12 August 05) as to his/her decision.

I await a phone call.[/quote']

Keep us posted Wayne. :thumbup:

Had this problem on my first VRS after 2000 miles, but bought a new one last year and no problem at all 13000 miles so far.

That's useful to know.

Did you have side airbags on either car?

No side airbags i think Skoda have improved the material on later VRS's.

That's interesting because as yet, they still haven't offered any further advice.

You'd have thought that if that were the case, it'd be easy for them to just replace all the covers and be done with it!

I may progress this matter with them as they are dragging there collective feet I fear.

Thanks,

anyone else notice that the covers seem to get creases in them very easily as well,

Yes, although that was after one of the cover-changes that it had.

Subsequent changes have been fine.

Has anyone seen the seats in the Fabia sport? They look exactly the same as the VRS seats but they are covered with proper material not the silly stuff in the VRS . I personally thought they looked quite smart and would do a straight swap for the VRS ones if i had the chance.

Has anyone seen the seats in the Fabia sport? They look exactly the same as the VRS seats but they are covered with proper material not the silly stuff in the VRS . I personally thought they looked quite smart and would do a straight swap for the VRS ones if i had the chance.

Absolutely - I've previously noted on the Forum that doing what you suggest would have avoided the expense of

But why haven't you put pictures of said interior on your gallery please? All I can see is a 6" high number-plate' date=' and a high-viz jacket. ;)

Sort it out! :thumbup:[/quote']

Sorry - try www.FabiavRS.info (it's a temporary page at present)

I would just like to add that our seats are starting to fray on the edges already after only one month!!!!! God know what they will look like after 5 years :(

It really is a shame that a car that has so many good things going for it has been let down big time by the seat material.

...It really is a shame that a car that has so many good things going for it has been let down big time by the seat material.

:thumbup:

I have had this problem on my Vrs too. Started fraying after only a few weeks.

One way of getting rid of it is to use a lady shave!! I used my girlfriends lady shave (one with protective bars over the blades) which virtually removed all of the fuzz. I figured it would work ok as most girls use this to remove their fuzz anyway!!

You just need to be a little careful, not too much pressure. Just let the shaver glide over the area and the fuzz will be removed pretty quickly.

I agree it's still not right though. This really shouldn't happen in the first place and it's a real shame for the car to be let down by such a simple thing.

I noticed yesterday that the passenger side seat, which is used rarely has the fuzz appearing near the door on the top. What the hells wrong with these seats

Have covered 9000 miles in it. 3000 with someone sat in that seat as an estimate.

Also its an 05 plate and have only had it since march. Bought new so am the only owner

I have just emailed SKoda from their website with the following email.

Dear Sir/Miss,

my wife and i have recently purchased a brand new Fabia VRS.

We are very happy with the car apart from the seats. After having the car four weeks the seat material is starting to bobble and fray on both the driver and passenger sides. When compared to the quality of the vehicle in all other respects this is a big disapointment. How long is a car seat supposed to last?

Is Four weeks a reasonable time to expect a car interior to start degrading?

I look forward to your reply.

Has anyone else emailed Skoda and what was their stance on this matter?

*** UPDATE ***

I have just been told by the operator that I am dealing with at Skoda UK, that she knows of no one else that has reported this problem either through their official website, or through the phones.

Can I just ask anyone that has this problem to contact Skoda UK on 08457 745 745. Can I also ask that you use their website to report the problem officially via this link http://www.skoda.co.uk/skoda3g/content/contactus/contactform.aspx

I am dealing with an operator named Natasha who is liasing with Skoda HQ.

Together we can resolve this to make the vRS a better car!

Thank you.

*** UPDATE ***

I have just been told by the operator that I am dealing with at Skoda UK' date=' that she knows of no one else that has reported this problem either through their official website, or through the phones.

Can I just ask anyone that has this problem to [b']contact Skoda UK on 08457 745 745[/b]. Can I also ask that you use their website to report the problem officially via this link http://www.skoda.co.uk/skoda3g/content/contactus/contactform.aspx

I am dealing with an operator named Natasha who is liasing with Skoda HQ.

Together we can resolve this to make the vRS a better car!

Thank you.

email sent:thumbup:

I just sent this e-mail to skoda to se what they will do in response, so watch this space...

Alex

Dear Skoda,

I have had my Fabia vRS for 14 months now, and the car is great, the only problem I have is the Seats, they are very comfortable, but the material that has been used to cover the seats is far from satisfactory. Even when a spot of rain gets on the seat when the doors are open it leaves a stain. The only way to get the seat truly clean is to have a full valet every time it rains and you use the car. My seats have been cleaned by me using various products but i cant seem to keep them clean for long. Is there another material you can use to cover my vRS seats as I am not happy with the situation. I look forward to your response on the above matter.

Kind regards

Alex Stanhope

I've just emailed from the link:

FAO Skoda UK Customer Services:

Re: Skoda Fabia vRS, Registration ...........

Dear Sir / Madam,

I own a 2004 Fabia vRS and I am having some problems with the material used to cover the seats. After owning the car for a year, I have noticed that the fabric does not seem to be wearing very well at all. The fabric now has a fine hair-like "fuzz" over many areas. Also, the seats show signs of staining which was caused by a small amount of rain water hitting the seats when opening the doors when it was raining. I have not been able to remove these stains, and am therefore investigating the possibility of a professional valeter cleaning the seats, however A, why have the seats stained so badly from a small amount of rain water? (I have never had this problems in any of my previous cars) and B, I don't want to have anyone clean these seats yet, as I don't want them to be blaimed for the "fuzzy" material problem.

In addition to the problems above, after 1 year and 20k miles, my drivers seat fabric seems to be getting very "thin" on the side bolster.

I do fear that this fabric will not withstand the next 2 to 4 years that I will own the car.

Is there anything that can be done to rectify these problems? I am very worried that the seats in my 20k mile, 1 year old Fabia vRS look like they should be in a 70k mile car!

Please contact me using my Mobile number or email address as soon as possible to discuss these problems.

Many Thanks and Very Best Regards

Mr Joshua .......

What do you think?