vRS: Fraying seats or Fuzzing seat material. You had this problem?

vRS: Fraying seats or Fuzzing seat material. You had this problem?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. vRS: Fraying seats or Fuzzing seat material. You had this problem?

• Yes, I have this problem
    • No, I have not had this problem

Hi,

Long time no speak proves that the Skoda Fabia vRS is truely streaks ahead of the MINI (Cooper S) in terms of build quality! Hooray!

But.

My vRS's seat coverings have had to be replaced 3 perhaps 4 times now. Skoda UK are asking me to write them a letter to demand action from Skoda CZ as they are saying that they have "...never had this problem reported to them". This I find at odds with what I was being told in that not only have I had mine replaced numerous times, but also I know that the West Midlands area Skoda Techincal Manager has had his done at my dealer too! It all seems very weird to me.

Can you please, via the poll above, tell me and others whether any of you have had your Fabia vRS seats showing premature wear like mine. Here are a pair of links to pictures of my seat wear. I have side air-bags too, it is to be noted, so I CANNOT use seat covers.

http://www.briskoda.net/gallery/files/1/2/7/7/front_passenger_seat_bolster_wear_after_2500_miles-med.jpg

http://www.briskoda.net/gallery/files/1/2/7/7/front_drivers_seat_bolster_wear_after_2500_miles-med.jpg

I really need your help on this one, so the more the merrier. Please comment!

(See also http://www.briskoda.net/forums/showthread.php?t=10638&page=3&pp=15 and more importantly, http://www.briskoda.net/forums/t6419-.html)

THANK YOU! :thumbup:

*** UPDATE ***

I have just been told by the operator that I am dealing with at Skoda UK, that she knows of no one else that has reported this problem either through their official website, or through the phones.

Can I just ask anyone that has this problem to contact Skoda UK on 08457 745 745. Can I also ask that you use their website to report the problem officially via this link http://www.skoda.co.uk/skoda3g/content/contactus/contactform.aspx

I am dealing with an operator named Natasha who is liasing with Skoda HQ.

Together we can resolve this to make the vRS a better car!

Thank you.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair mines now covered over 25k and is 15 months old, and I haven't noticed any wear on the seats. I dont have side airbags though so maybe that is what is making the difference.

I'm not what you would class as a big build (infact I've been told I'd make a great woman :( :o ) so not knowing your build maybe that has some effect on it.

I'll double check the seats tonight though just incase

Good luck with it though

Wayne... i do belive Hatchbag do a set of seat covers for furby.. but they also have side-bags compatible ones..

i have to say im fast approaching 50k and havent noticed fraying... ill have a look when it stops raining.. :)

Covered 12K miles & mine are starting to fray a little bit (not as bad as yours)..........BUT, I think it's such a small area & very light fraying that it's not worth getting it replaced.

My Ibiza had covered 30K & the lower seat bolster was wearing to the point where you could see the backing fabric. Now that I did get replaced under warranty.

my drivers side a$$ bolster is frayin, decided to not complain (yet) unless it gets worse.

Rear seat fabric seems to be peeling off near the tilt button too.

vRS seats colour & build really let them down, they're nice & comfy :D

MPM :D

I seem to have a bit of bobbling on the fabric, but its only after I gave it a good scrubbing to clean them up. I used one of them car shampoo spray cans, that come with the little light bristle brush but after a bit of scrubbing to get rid of the little water stains and marks on the seats, they went all bobbly. Its not so bad that I would look at getting them replaced though, but I don't clean them as much as I used to either.

Wayne... i do belive Hatchbag do a set of seat covers for furby.. but they also have side-bags compatible ones..

The pictures I've seen of them look like badly fitted bin liners.

Drivers seat on mine similar to first 2 photos after 7K - must admit I hadn't looked before. Is this the start of something which will get worse? Is this regarded as a problem? How are dealers / Skoda reacting - I'm sure if I mention it to my dealer, they won't of heard of it and as soon as I mention I saw it on the net, the service manager will accuse us of being a bunch of saddo's!

PS is it too much to expect a car that doesn't grown when you apply the brakes in reverse, seat fabric that lasts more than 3K and dealers that provide what you pay them for?

Wow! People you are really turning out the 'goods' here.

I am back at the moment yes, but frankly it's me collating details about other vRS drivers that have issues like mine that brings me here. I am a 'user'. Shoot me ;)

I am worried to see so many people (more than 50%) have had this problem with their fabulous vRSs. I really enjoy mine now, but all that is being ruined by the terrible, poor quality fabric on the seats. I kid you not.

Skoda must do something about this ASAP as I fear, they are seriously under-estimating the scale of the problem. I would have hoped and thought that dealers need to play a part in this reporting process too. My has escalated this back to Skoda UK but they seem to only now have realised that there is indeed a problem.

My advice: PLEASE REPORT IT TO YOU DEALER AND SKODA UK ASAP!

Thank you everyone.

PS: Thanks for the Hatchbag idea, but I'd never cover my seats. My mother keeps her sofa under a white sheet, and when I ask her why, she says that she's keeping it "for best". When will that day arrive? When the Queen comes around? Not for me. Sorry :)

Got my Furby 01/03/2005 and I an on my second recover of the front driver's seat (done 14K miles though) under warranty. My dealer says he is fed up of replacing covers some customers are on version 5 or 6 - Rubbing up caused by the way I get in i.e sit slighly sideways and spin legs in.

Just had back seats recovered as the cloth did not fit around the tilt catch and all the foam was exposed.

Hey...

My car is not a vRS, but it has the same seats in a different colour, black & red. Problem I'm facing with my seat. The support for my left leg is 'gone'. I have a little of the fuzzing, but it's very very little that it doesn't bother me. I'm getting the seat cover replaced, and this is the first time it is getting replaced too. Same goes with passenger seat too though.

WayneF

Sounds like there is a problem.

I'll ask the dumb question - Do you wear studded jeans etc that are making matters worse - its caused problems in the past on certain leather seats ?

I do occasionally' date=' but my wife doesn't. So it's not the root cause.

Anyway, the fabric should be able to withstand that no question. Otherwise it wouldn't be marchantable quality. I mean, why not make it of tissue paper and just tell owners to "be careful" when they get in and out?

It's rubbish frankly, but it's the [b']ONLY[/b] thing that is wrong with the vRS.

I've voted:

No, I have not had this problem

... but only because I had the seats recovered in Leather prior to delivery

Is this true? Is this now an option?! :eek:

It's always been a potential "dealer fit" option - but it's not a Skoda option. Mine outsources to a local upholsterer.