firework questions? safe?

mikejay

I moved in a new house in may, found a full box of fireworks on top of wardrobe, they look quite new, some say on display use and others garden use. Does that mean the display ones are too big to be set off from my garden? I do have quite a long garden, do I use them tonight or not take the risk?

Why are they labeled display? Are they bigger whentiew go off?

A few years since I've dabbled.

Marked display as they're larger/bigger than the usual garden fireworks. When I've set off such fireworks in the past I've used a large bucket of damp sand and/or prepared a larger damp sand area to settle the fireworks. Some I've staked down with wooden stakes and string to keep them facing the right way up.

See if you can identify them on the web. Some I've (reluctantly) decided not to purchase. Fan cakes and 4" double charged mines I reckoned were a bit "mad". The fans 'cos the neighbours would become part of the show and the 4" mines because they coule too easily break something or someone.

I used to finale with a Shellscape Monaco or Rio large cake... 1" or 1 1/8" by 37 shots. We used to run through the house and watch that from the street, the other side of the house!

J.

• Like 1

On top of a wardrobe?  Was this really the safest place to store Fireworks?  Are there buckets of petrol under the boiler or jars of acid on the gas meter? :giggle:

I'd give 'em a miss.

I'm not a fan of fireworks in the garden. For some reason I seem to be a rocket magnet. I've been chased by a few of the buggers over the years.