Metal Grey?

I saw a rapid spaceback in metal grey today, as I was approaching from behind I thought "wow the Octavia looks really good in the grey". Only realised it was a spaceback when I got closer.  :dull:

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see the Metal Grey Enthusiasts thread is going strong...
Still don't see many Metal Grey ones over here, although its very popular on the Audi's.

1.5 years & 50,000km later & I'm still very happy with my choice of colour & car in general..!

• Like 1

Yes, that's correct and the code for metal grey is F6F6. But I don't know if the code for quartz grey is the same or if it's exactly the same colour.

I want to buy some paint (spray) and I can't find F6F6. Maybe because now it has other code ?.. I don't know... That's why I'm asking.

From what I can see online quartz grey and metal Grey are the same paint code, when I had my MK2 vrs I was able to order race blue paint in a spray can from my dealer. Not sure if they still do those

From the UK configurator Metal Grey (F6F6) and Meteor Grey (M3M3) are different colours & both are still available to order.

e.g.

If you configure a base model car in Meteor grey, the last item in the "Model Codes" section in the vehicle summary is M3M3 which I'm assuming is the paint code for meteor grey.

Do the same for Metal Grey Metallic & the last code shows as F6F6.

• Like 1

From the UK configurator Metal Grey (F6F6) and Meteor Grey (M3M3) are different colours & both are still available to order.

e.g.

If you configure a base model car in Meteor grey, the last item in the "Model Codes" section in the vehicle summary is M3M3 which I'm assuming is the paint code for meteor grey.

Do the same for Metal Grey Metallic & the last code shows as F6F6.

Metal Grey and quartz grey are the same colours,meteor grey is totally different

From what I can see online quartz grey and metal Grey are the same paint code, when I had my MK2 vrs I was able to order race blue paint in a spray can from my dealer. Not sure if they still do those

It seems that you still can do this.

I ordered 300ml spray with paint and another one with lacquer. Not at the dealer, but to some detailing company... still it is a skoda genuine product.

Looking on skoda UK site for metal grey and CZ site for quartz grey, it seems that really is the same colour and same colour code (F6F6).

• Like 1

Collected mine this morning. Delighted with it!

Yes the chrome window surrounds look good. I did wonder and thought about these myself, with the Pictoris and the chrome grill. Great choice my friend, right down to the mud guards. Looks a lovely car.
  • Like 1

How are you liking the Smartink?

Did you have a chance to try out Smartgate yet....I haven't had time to have it fitted yet.

Sorry for the delay its been a hectic week so far! 

I like the Smartlink, mainly using the Apple CarPlay, there are a few things in term of the functionality I would change e.g. the ability to change songs on the maxidot dispplay when you have music playing through Carplay. Not a deal brekaer mind. 

I have been trying out the Smartgate on and off, Im struggling to see the benefit / value of it with the apps, more of a distraction than anything else. But that being said I need to give it some proper play time.

Loving absolutely loving the VRS, delighted with the car! fantastic machine! :-) :-)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Spent a while on a hassled winter prep: living in flats with shared garage, and having the wash a few kilometres away, but got roundt to it.

Did proper degrease, wash, clay, get back home, masking, putting on Chemical Guys Ez-Glaze (as this has hardly any stripes so far) before a pretty decent round of Swisswas Onyx wax. Didn't seal it this time around (should be before wax, no?), neither the rinse besides the proper wash. Stone chips are a PITA with metal grey though... :(

12145593_448791398659426_1146099430_n.jp

• 3 weeks later...