Obtrusive safety warning on near side sun visor (both sides)

Yes we do need to be aware of these points, but to me they seem a little OTT.

Not seen anyone mention this before so I assume everyone here are quite happy about them, me I would like to remove them but they appear to be embedded into the visor fabric.

Any comments welcome.

its crap isnt it!

the golf gti forums were much more in uproar about it!  Some were going to try and source euro left hand visors which wont have the warning on and another guy took his off and removed the bonded sticker with something, may have been nail polish remover??

Never really noticed them before, I just leave mine in the up position - I agree that vehicle manufacturers need to make the less intelligent driver aware of this, and as more intelligent drivers could remove them before selling the vehicle on, this is their of way of ensuring it stays there.

I'd be up for removing them if someone know's how?

Will have a look tomorrow and think if there is any way of removing them.

Hadn't given it a thought until I read this thread. My car also has them on both sides of the n/side visor, but as the sun visors are ivory colour they don't stand out as much. Looking at them I would be reluctant to try & remove them as they seem to be heat shrunk onto the visor & likely to cause damage trying to remove them.

Yep - got one on both sides of the passengers side on mine.

They seem to be heated on as a transfer after manufacture, so I doubt they will come off with any ease, as the surface is not smooth you would probably end up with a white mess.

Only realistic option is to buy replacement Left Hand Drive versions which shouldn't have them on.

Group Buy??  I'm in.

beyond the sun visor issue, this is what I'm left with.........

post-22021-0-12707000-1389465136_thumb.jpg

post-22021-0-70683000-1389465137_thumb.jpg

post-22021-0-42383300-1389465139_thumb.jpg

post-22021-0-31581400-1389465141_thumb.jpg

fully loaded diesel DSG, ACC, Power boot, Kessy, Park Ass', High beam Ass', Heated seats, Columbus, number plate surrounds with very personal reg number.

Edited by panmat
  • Like 2

One on the passenger side only.

Have we established whether or not you can swap the whole blind? If so, does anyone know the part number for the euro left hand one?

beyond the sun visor issue, this is what I'm left with.........

car (Copy).jpg

P1010014 (Copy).JPG

P1010022 (Copy).JPG

P1010028 (Copy).JPG

fully loaded diesel DSG, ACC, Power boot, Kessy, Park Ass', High beam Ass', Heated seats, Columbus, number plate surrounds with very personal reg number.

Apart from the high beam assist and the front assist, this is exactly the car I'm waiting for.