December orders club! pull up a chair, we could be here a while

27th December - Ordered

6th January - BW 21 given

30th January - BW 17 given

9th April - Told it was built last week (BW 13) and on it's way

30th April - Pickup day (provisionally)

I was able to pickup a few days earlier but due to work commitments I can't get there at a reasonable time. So in all it will make it 17 weeks and 5 days which is under the original estimate of up to 6 months by quite a bit. It's going to be a long 2 weeks.

This getting really annoying, I ordered 24th December and I still don't have a build week, I was told it might be built in May so that would probably be June pick up.

I ordered a petrol hatch not a diesel estate.

This car has now been built - BW15. It is coming to the dealers in this month's allocation so, due to my work, I am expecting delivery in early May. :)

I had an email today from the dealer. My vRS (ordered 23.12.13) is now built and in Germany awaiting shipping. :D 

But, it won't be coming this month "because Skoda said so". I asked when it is due but I haven't had a reply. I hope the delay isn't too long. Meanwhile, the car I am greatly in need of is sitting on a dockside in Germany getting covered in salt. 

I have to say, this has been a frustrating process. 

Sigh..... Ordered tdi hatch Dec 22 - still on prov build week 19

Only options were cruise and spare wheel

Just explain how build dates are allocated again ?

Moan over - enjoy

I ordered 23rd Dec tdi hatch in Candy white with same options and am on the same build week

I ordered 23rd Dec tdi hatch in Candy white with same options and am on the same build week

Hey Morty,

what do you put it down too that we are best part of 2 months away from a POSSIBLE delivery when others who ordered after us have theirs already ?

And yes I do realise that we are by no means the worst affected by the seeming lottery

????

The inconsistency is incredible. I ordered the day after Morty and don't even have a provisional build week yet! Though I'm hoping that changes today as the order book appear to get updated on a Thursday.

The inconsistency is incredible. I ordered the day after Morty and don't even have a provisional build week yet! Though I'm hoping that changes today as the order book appear to get updated on a Thursday.

My recommendation is to just relax. I ordered mine mid September and I picked it up last week, the wait was worth it.

If the delay causes you specific issues, talk to your dealer about how you are affected and they will probably do what they can to help you. Mine did.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Ah! I've had unconfirmed BWs ranging from 21 to 18 and back again, currently at 21, all with periods of no build week showing (trackmyskoda.co.uk).  I cannae complain too much, the sales chap did say 20+ weeks for delivery. Just keeping fingers, legs, eyes crossed that it doesn't recede too far into the future or my '14' reg will be out of date.....

My order went from status 5 (BW 18) to status 4 last week, so no provisional build week any more. Ordered in the beginning of december.

Changed colour and alloys today, as the salesman said this wouldn't change production.

Black Magic Pearlescent -> Moon White Metallic

18" Gemini Anthracite -> 19" Extreme Anthracite

Maybe I should hope for a model -15 build, instead of the car being built the week before the new model starts.

Octavia Estate vRS 2.0 TSI 220 DSG | Moon White Metallic | vRS upholstery with red seams

Black design package | Sunset glass | Electric sunroof | 19” Extreme anthracite alloys | Crew protection assistant | Rear side airbags | ISOFIX front passenger seat | vRS leather | Heated front and rear seats | DAB | Columbus sat nav | Colour Maxi dot | Bluetooth+ | Canton sound system | KESSY | Anti-theft alarm system | Adaptive cruise assistant | Front assistant | High beam assistant | Lane assistant | Road sign recognition | Parking assistant | Webasto auxiliary heater with remote | Retractable exterior mirrors | Trunk lid power closing | Detachable tow bar | 230V socket | TPM tire pressure monitoring

Edited for Swenglish errors, some may remain... :)

Edited by Svensken

Popped into my local dealer today and some more good news, my car is now showing as build week 28th April woohoo it seems to of come forward a week. They had a white VRS delivered this week, so they gave me the keys to have a good look round, as I hadn't even sat in one yet. Loved it and can't wait for mine to arrive.

How come European models get heated front AND rear seats?

Winter is colder in Sweden.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

It's a shame the we don't get the same options as other parts of the world.

I have just put my order number into the track my Skoda site and it says:

Thank you for your enquiry - Your order is currently awaiting a manufacturing build date.

It's a shame the we don't get the same options as other parts of the world.

I have just put my order number into the track my Skoda site and it says:

Thank you for your enquiry - Your order is currently awaiting a manufacturing build date.

The site doesn't seem to work that's what mine said as well, and still does, yet I know mine is sat at Emden

Thanks guys for letting me know that.

I was hoping I might have had a call from the dealer today, with it being Thursday but alas no.

Winter is colder in Sweden.

Still - we can't get heated windscreen  :think:

I too think the difference in options between countries is weird. If a car fitted with Webasto heater is sent to GB or Sweden shouldn't matter really.

Wonder which country has the most options available?

Edit:

Oh, and I spent 2 weeks in Scarborough wintertime. Thought it was as cold as in Sweden, definately colder indoors -  where I lived anyway. :) 

Edited by Svensken

Gentlemen, you'll not get any sense out of trackmyskoda.co.uk unless you've ordered your car from:- 

Vision Skoda Fleet (Business Sales), Rainworth Skoda (Nottinghamshire) & Bickerton Skoda (South Yorkshire) part of the Vision Automotive (UK) Group.

Dealer called today and informed me that my car has been built fo 4 days and resides now at Emden docks awaiting shipping. For those of you who have been through this trial what does that actually mean to me...how long does this final bit take???

VRS Hatch,

Magic Black,

Columbus,

Full Leather,

Spare wheel,

Canton.

Called into dealer`s today, car arrives Tuesday with a pick up next Saturday the 26th, Tax runs out on the BMW the 30th so happy days! Ordered 3rd December so 22 weeks.

Dealer phoned today and is reporting a build date of week 17 , thats back to the original week after spending the last month at week 19. fingers crossed it keeps moving in that direction :peek:  Original order date 27th December. TSI hatch in Meteor Grey.

Hi, Had a phone call from my dealer today and my car has been built and is in transit on its way to the docks  :happy: . Ordered 27th December.

Hi, Had a phone call from my dealer today and my car has been built and is in transit on its way to the docks  :happy: . Ordered 27th December.

What options did you go for?

You ordered after me and yet you're getting yours before me.

I think I might have been a victim of dealer quotas.