December orders club! pull up a chair, we could be here a while

Evening all,

Just joined the forum tonight as i've been meaning to for a while. I've been reading peoples experiences on the current waiting times for the VRS, and i thought i'd put my thoughts in..

I placed an order for a Corrida Red VRS TDI estate back in the first week of October with the lease firm that my company uses, with a view to taking delivery at the beginning of March as the lease on my current vehicle ends then.

Here i am 5 months on from when the order was placed, and it seems i am no closer to knowing when i will take delivery now than i was on the day i ordered! I have no build week, and the dealer is telling me that Skoda UK have an estimated delivery time of May for it! So by my estimation by the time the car (potentially) turns up, i will have been waiting nearly 8 months, utter madness!!

I have been tempted to cancel and order something else but i have been advised to sit it out, as apparently it could be brought forward so i am playing the waiting game. Surely this must be one of the longest waiting times for a VRS on this forum? If anyone has been waiting longer i'd be interested to hear..

Just a thought but maybe because the lease was not up until March the leasing company did not actually place the order until recently. Could be that they did not want it sitting around waiting, hence the now long wait plus the time since you actually ordered. Just a thought.

You only need to drive 7,000 miles in a Diesel VRS to start saving money against the petrol.

My whole PCP is only 42 months @ 35k miles total so, I wouldn't save for 7k then save for 28k but would I save the £1,200 difference on the Elegance. Plus my road tax is only £30 p.a, I'll have to see what my long term mpg works out, she's only just running in right now but, I'm having a lotta fun with the free reving TSI.

Horses for courses I suppose

Regards

T

That calculation was a direct comparison between the Diesel vRS and Petrol vRS and their respective purchase price, real world MPG, tax, and current petrol/diesel prices.

I never compared against the elegance but if you go to WhatCar (I think) you can wack in your figures and it will give you the breakdown.

Edited by JamesVRSmk3

Just double confirmed with SUK that my car is set for BW 12 and is confirmed. What I didn't realise is that BW 12 is actually next week (at least that's what the customer services chap said), even though this week is calendar week 12. 

Hang on a cotton-pickin' minute, you mean that Skoda work on different calendar to the rest of the world? A**e! that's it back another week then.

So order accepted 6th Dec.

Build week 19 from jan until mid feb.

Then no build week.

Just heard I have unconfirmed BW 21.

A slip but but strangely pleased to at least be back on the radar.

Meteor Grey TDI Combi with all the extras!

Having done the bw, no bw, bw thing I agree its a much nicer feeling.  I am starting to get a bit calmer over it now too... well today at least.  I'm sort of coming to terms with the situation.

I was be 21 briefly now I'm 19, maybe you'll come forward too.

Not quite december - ordered jan 4th ... Pickup friday this week :-))

Not a vRS - soooooo expensive in Denmark .... But a 1,6 tdi DSG - with a bit extras

That is what has been discussed and stated over the previous 9 pages of this thread. :)

Really? I hadn't realised..........

So it's in a proper format:

I.e. 

Ordered 1/12/13

Delivered 1/3/13

Total wait approximately 13 week.

Makes it a bit easier to read and follow.

Just double confirmed with SUK that my car is set for BW 12 and is confirmed. What I didn't realise is that BW 12 is actually next week (at least that's what the customer services chap said), even though this week is calendar week 12.

No, this week is week 12. I know because mine was originally scheduled for week 12 (w/c 17 March) and has now been confirmed as WK 13 (w/c 24 March). that was confirmed by a manager at SUK. I have been speaking to him on a regular basis and am confident that he knows his stuff. Edited by RoyalBlue

Ordered week 6, spoke with suk today and my estimated delivery is week 38.

If that proves to be the car then it's plan b for me!

I ordered just before you and was quoted up to 8 months too, however, seeing recent posts about extra capacity etc it should be nearer 6 months for you hopefully. I cancelled and ordered plan B yesterday in the end, should arrive late April/early May

No, this week is week 12. I know because mine was originally scheduled for week 12 (w/c 17 March) and has now been confirmed as WK 13 (w/c 24 March). that was confirmed by a manager at SUK. I have been speaking to him on a regular basis and am confident that he knows his stuff.

In that case whoop whoop!!

So everyone who has ordered VRS's how long have you had to wait?

If you can include car detail and order and end date we might get an idea of an average build time

13 weeks (17/12/13) since I ordered and it is being built this week, (w/c 17/3/14).

Therefore allowing for 2 weeks delivery to dealer I would estimate 16 weeks from order to collection.

vRS TDI manual hatchback in Candy White

Black Pack

Winter Pack

Colour maxi-dot

Standard cruise control

Sunset glass

Space saver spare

@djkarlos, I hate you! Almost identical spec to me, ordered at the same time (ish) and I dont even have a build week yet!

Considering some have provisional build weeks up to week 19 I dont have any confidence I'm gonna see it anytime soon!

@djkarlos, I hate you! Almost identical spec to me, ordered at the same time (ish) and I dont even have a build week yet!

Considering some have provisional build weeks up to week 19 I dont have any confidence I'm gonna see it anytime soon!

Sorry  :angel:

What's different with your spec? It could be one option you've got that could be holding it up, or even the colour.