December orders club! pull up a chair, we could be here a while

get the flags out! confirmed build week 20.

Should have it early June! :happy:

I too had a message yesterday to say my car will be built week 20 and collection end of May beginning of June  :happy: 

Just found out that my vRS TDi DSG estate, ordered 14th December, is showing as 'error in structure' on SUK's system, which indicates it's going to be a MY2015 and not built until week 22 onwards at the earliest.

This would appear to indicate that the MY2014 build schedule is now fully allocated… so if you haven't got a build date yet it's almost certain you're getting the MY2015 car.

Apparently, SUK now have to manually convert all currently un-allocated customer-tagged orders to MY2015, which 'may lead to additional delays'.

At least I'll get the new colour badge on the steering wheel - just worried I'm gonna be so bl**dy old by the time I get the car my eyesight will have deteriorated to the point I can't see it anyway!

Edited by Nookiebear
  • Like 1

Apparently, SUK now have to manually convert all currently un-allocated orders to MY2015, which 'may lead to additional delays'.

Conversely, you may get allocated an earlier BW in the MY2015 than you would have been in the MY2014 but, as you didn't know where you were on the list before, you've got no Fn chance of being any the wiser now have you ?  However, if any model has been delayed more than any other its the vRS TDi DSG estate so, you have my sympathy for what its worth.

Chin up, soon be Christmas and you never know what Santa might bring if you're good.

• Like 1

Ordered 18th December

VRS Diesel Estate Corrida Red with Sunset privacy glass, Towbar preparation, Amundsen with Satellite navigation system, Heated washer nozzles, Cruise control, Black design pack, Simply clever pack, Leather - Black with red stitching + heated front seats, USB Connection.

Originally given a dealer stock date of 11/04/2014, then 30/04/2014, now 31/05/2014. I still have my VW so although frustrating not a huge problem. Ideally would like before end of may as Tax due on VW then!

Now date is back to 30/06/2014 with no confirmed stock date. I'm actively looking at alternatives now as this is plainly ridiculous.

With the new Merc C Class being launch later this year there are some good bargains on the current one and quite a few left in the stock pipeline, also considering Passat estate, A4 Avant. Any advice??

Find a new dealer?

If I was in your situation, I'd certainly be giving up and looking elsewhere... the problem is that nothing has the same space as the Octavia until you get into A6 / 5-series territory.  But yes, if good deals are to be had elsewhere then I really would be taking my custom elsewhere.

All those are outgoing models, so you should find some nice deals.

I considered all of those before I got lucky with finding the vRS, depends on what you want from the car tbh.

Also, if you are having finance, the deals look better, I wasn't and the prices weren't quite as good.

If rear legroom is a non issue, go for the Merc, otherwise the Audi. Just my opinion.

The Mazda 6 might be worth a look too, but their diesels concerned me as too little was known about the new one, and the old did have a poor reputation.

If they had done a petrol with 200+ bhp and reasonable economy I might have been in one !

My car arrives at the dealers either tomorrow or Thursday  :rofl: Should be picking it up next week sometime,if all goes well . That's just over a week from being in transit to the docks at Emden to the dealers I was not expecting that :rock:

its here :clap:  meteor grey really does looks different in the flesh, cameras seem to under expose it making it look a lot darker than it actually is. Really happy with the colour.

post-111900-0-91570200-1399056046_thumb.jpg

post-111900-0-70982500-1399056072_thumb.jpg

Well my car is now build week 20 confirmed. So built in the next few weeks and then delivery by mid June. Looking like 24 weeks from order to delivery.

Slightly gutted to be missing out on the flat bottomed steering wheel of the 2015 model though.

• Like 1

My car is sat at the dealers, went to go have a look and its looking good! even though its still got all the transport protection on.  

Hoping for a Tuesday morning pickup before my work trip to Cardiff :)

[Waves]Hello Fewie [/waves] another member of the confirmed bw20 club here.

Hello! Do our cars share a similar spec I wonder? Do they group like cars or build multiple variation in a build week?

Mines a TDi hatch vRS, white, canton, black pack, winter pack, sunset glass, cruise, spare wheel, colour maxi and simply clever pack.

What's yours? Wonder who'll get their car first? Race yer!!

Edited by fewie

Tsi, hatch, manual, corrida red, sunset glass

Both hatches but not much else in common. Where about in the country is it destined for?

East Yorkshire, just outside of Hull. Only 25 miles from Grimsby where I expect the vRS will be shipped to so hoping location will help reduce normal delivery time.

Hey Fewie, since it's getting quiet here I signed you up to the bw20 club.... It's like moving on from cubs to scouts I think :happy:

Cheers, after a 22 week wait I've certainly had the chance to "Be Prepared" and I'm partial to the odd woggle/neckerchief combo so I'll see you over there.

• Like 1

20 week confirmed today  (orderd 6th of December) with delivery mid June

What more dealer said that my courtesy car is in UK dock at the moment (no idea yet what car it is )

Any idea about insurance on skoda courtesy car? is it already insured?

Thanks

Ordered mine in November, VRS DSG Estate.

Order was placed onto the system in mid December.

SUK have advised of a provisional build week of 23.

Bloody long time to wait for a car, but like others I took the 0% finance deal so I was reluctant to cancel the order as I cannot find a better deal elsewhere for a comparable car (rock/hard place).

My dealer has been quite good, they gave me a demo car for my wedding week and they are now looking into a temporary vehicle (as are SUK) to keep my going whilst I wait for the new car. Apparently you are entitled to have a temp car after your order has been on the system for 20 weeks with no confirmed build week.

I suppose i'll get a MY2015 car now too?

Got an email from my seller 3 weeks ago with a confirmed buildweek 19, got an mail today saying that the car has arrived in Sweden and they are fitting some extras that are standard in sweden but not in europe.

Will be nice to cruise in a Black VRS Estate quite soon.

The car must have been built before week 19 though as i guess they can't get the car from south of europe to north in under a week?

Now date is back to 30/06/2014 with no confirmed stock date. I'm actively looking at alternatives now as this is plainly ridiculous.

With the new Merc C Class being launch later this year there are some good bargains on the current one and quite a few left in the stock pipeline, also considering Passat estate, A4 Avant. Any advice??

New Excuse - Parts Shortage!

Have decided to stick with it rather than pay the cancellation fee!