My first vrs

rn1988

Hi everyone,

New to the fabia world and the skoda world in general ,picking up a rallye green 11 plate vrs this coming Saturday all being well :)

1 owner and only 14,000 miles ,actually can't wait to pick it up and get driving the thing.

Only got two pictures so far till I pick it up

post-47888-0-82708200-1391044857_thumb.jpg

post-47888-0-95815300-1391044881_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Have you got full details about its history and if any warranty work has been done?

I don't want to alarm anyone it's just that I've been caught out on the Fabia vRS I've just bought with regard to oil consumption, luckily everything is in hand now. It seems a bit of a lottery out there.

Congratulatons and enjoy it!

• Like 2

Hi everyone,

New to the fabia world and the skoda world in general ,picking up a rallye green 11 plate vrs this coming Saturday all being well :)

1 owner and only 14,000 miles ,actually can't wait to pick it up and get driving the thing.

Only got two pictures so far till I pick it up

I'm sure you'll love it - after over two years of ownership I'm enjoying mine more than ever.
  • Like 1

Have you got full details about its history and if any warranty work has been done?

I don't want to alarm anyone it's just that I've been caught out on the Fabia vRS I've just bought with regard to oil consumption, luckily everything is in hand now. It seems a bit of a lottery out there.

Congratulatons and enjoy it!

With regards to warranty no but they are putting a year on it anyway and I may extend it so if anything does arise I'll be ok,servicing was done on 5198 miles after the first year and was serviced again at 11k

Was originally sold by rain worth and has been serviced there both times

It is indeed from rain worth ,just waiting to hear back from them on a few things but all being well I should have it this weekend

They're very good there but as posted by austen, ask about warranty work that it has had and make sure you get some warranty!! Im sure you are aware some twinchargers have oil issues, mine did, which rainworth sorted out, but it was still under warranty then.

I've just emailed them to find out the warranty work so if I don't hear back I'll call customer services,with engines like these you have to expect some issues as they are very advanced engines ,how bad are we talking for oil consumption?

Anyone on here got a revo remapped one?

I've just emailed them to find out the warranty work so if I don't hear back I'll call customer services,with engines like these you have to expect some issues as they are very advanced engines ,how bad are we talking for oil consumption?

Anyone on here got a revo remapped one?

mine was using a litre every 300 miles but they vary across the board.

From what ive read I would steer clear of Revo.

APR are the better shout, or even a TMC tuning box, well regarded on here!

EDIT: before even thinking of remapping, I would make sure you have a good engine first!

Edited by BTS22
  • Like 2

Yeah I went to view a grey one and a blue aswell but the green looks far better in my opinion,that is a lot of oil to go through ,I'll check it when I pick it up and then check again every couple hundred miles,is the servicing every 10k on these ?

It should have had a Service at one year or 9,400 miles (10,000)  'Minor Service'.

Then

2 years, or 18,800 miles, (20,000 miles) Major Service, Inspection Service, Body Inspection, & new Pollen Filter fitted.

Minor Service at 3 years,

and Brake Fluid change if not done before. Thats not included in the Service you need to pay for that.

Ask the Dealership if they have checked before Delivery to see if it is already re-mapped,

Just so that if there were any Issues and need for a Warranty claim  Skoda UK have no cause to knock it back,

saying that it has had a Map done.

(that happened to a Briskoda Member before, and the Dealer had to take the car back and refund the buyer.)

Just spoke to them and they are doing the dsg oil FOC ,has had 2 services so third one will be sometime this year,quite surprised by the high oil consumption but we will see.

The dealer knows the previous owner of it , he traded it in for an automatic citigo do I doubt it's been remapped but I will ask

With regards to warranty no but they are putting a year on it anyway and I may extend it so if anything does arise I'll be ok,servicing was done on 5198 miles after the first year and was serviced again at 11k

Was originally sold by rain worth and has been serviced there both times

Hello mate. Ditto. Got the Met Race Blue, 11 plate, and picking it up on Sat too.

Some tips:

1. if there is no road tax on vehicle, ask for it to start on Sat, not before....otherwise you get charged for the whole month of Jan.

2. Get the extra 2 yrs warranty now, giving you peace of mind for 3 yrs. I also tool the 2 yrs servicing too.

3. Make sure they replace the oil and you make a note of mileage at that oil change at time of purchase. Then if you have any issues, you already have a baseline.

4. Ring up skoda care and ask about vehicle history. They will only give you dates and dealer name.....when you are transferred to the garage, you can ask them about the service/repairs.

Lastly, enjoy it, and dont skimp by buying poor oil.

D

• Like 1

Hello mate. Ditto. Got the Met Race Blue, 11 plate, and picking it up on Sat too.

Some tips:

1. if there is no road tax on vehicle, ask for it to start on Sat, not before....otherwise you get charged for the whole month of Jan.

2. Get the extra 2 yrs warranty now, giving you peace of mind for 3 yrs. I also tool the 2 yrs servicing too.

3. Make sure they replace the oil and you make a note of mileage at that oil change at time of purchase. Then if you have any issues, you already have a baseline.

4. Ring up skoda care and ask about vehicle history. They will only give you dates and dealer name.....when you are transferred to the garage, you can ask them about the service/repairs.

Lastly, enjoy it, and dont skimp by buying poor oil.

D

Still has just under 6 months tax on it so it's not a problem.

Literally just been on the phone above the extended warranty and gonna go through it with them on Saturday ,regards to the vehicle history I have had a look and it has been done by the dealer I'm getting it from and they also supplied it,was only serviced 2000 miles ago as it's only just over 14000 miles now.

I never buy cheap oil anyway as I don't see the point.

Out of interest what oil is best for it?

The oil can be as 'much cheapness' as it needs to be,  but it needs to be VW 502 00 for fixed servicing,

(if Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury, Morrisons etc sell the correct Grade of oil, it will be of OK quality, they are not having cr4p bottled.)

but likely it has been getting VW 504 00 as required for Variable Servicing,  

5w 30 full synthetic, but maybe 5 w 40.

'Quantum Long life lll' as used or Castrol Edge might cost more than other oils and less than Mobile 1, 

but price does not automatically mean better.

The engine will perform perfectly on the Correct Oil,   best run it on 98 ron or 99 ron petrol.

Re the service 2,000 miles ago.

Is that a 'Major Inspection Service', 24 month service that was done.

Car on the Diagnostic and any Software Henancement carried out, best ask them.

The Health Check list should be in the Service Folder.

http://www.skoda.co.uk/owners/service-and-maintenance/national-pricing/servicing

I haven't seen that paperwork in the folder but I will check when I go to get the car

Good that the Dark Chrome Gigaro have been replaced, 

before the Warranty expries, check them closely and if these are going the same way, they can replace them again.

Check the front and rear Skoda Badge for it going white spider as well, and they can be replaced under warranty.

enjoy the car when you get it.

One of them is already starting to peel so will get that sorted when I have the car , I did ask if they could swap them for the black alloys because I prefer them but they don't have another vrs to swap them off

Do not let them have it Refurbished, just accept another new one.

I had one replaced, normally the corrosion is under the coating, but on the replacement it actually started to flake.

All the replacements i got have stayed nice, 

but you need some copper slip next to the hub centre.