Boot Net System and the Variable Boot Floor

Ok, so this could be the most useless and unnecessary topic, but I couldn't find a solution by myself so far. Does anyone who has the boot net system and the VBF have any idea how to install the nets? The issue is the same for both the side nets as well as the bottom net. How do you attach them in the lower part to the rear of the car?

I'm using a photo from our colleague GAFF as he has the red nets and it's much easier to exemplify (I hope he doesn't mind):

PS: With this issue and the fact that you can't get a boot cover that would fit in both positions, I'm really starting to regret going for the VBF...

That's the thing, the lower anchor point to the rear of the car is covered by plastic mouldings when you have the VBF. Only the very top of it is visible through a cut-out. It looks like a rather silly oversight from Skoda if nothing can be done about it...

Like I said above the rear hooks are completely (almost) covered by the plastic mouldings. You can see they're there through a very small cut out. This is with the VBF in the lowest setting. Lifting it or lowering it does nothing for the plastic mouldings...

You can see here that the first two are visible, but not the third:

OcC_Tech_006_jpg.jpg

You can see my predicament even better here:

lafoto_zps93590912.jpg

Edited by TudorM

Yes I have same problem. I talked to dealer about it. You can remove the vari floor around the hook. I intend to use Velcro on hook then put vario floor mountings back over the top. I'll let you know if it works.

Hmm, that's an interesting idea. I'll have a look at mine and see what I can do without ruining it. :)

Like I said above the rear hooks are completely (almost) covered by the plastic mouldings. You can see they're there through a very small cut out. This is with the VBF in the lowest setting. Lifting it or lowering it does nothing for the plastic mouldings...

You can see here that the first two are visible, but not the third:

OcC_Tech_006_jpg.jpg

You can see my predicament even better here:

lafoto_zps93590912.jpg

The nets do go under the floor, bit of a struggle but it does work. For the rear clip you can just hook onto the plastic. Does work or does on mine. 

Not very good images I'm afraid. 

Easiest way to fit the rear connection/anchor point is to lift up the floor slightly using the handle and give it a sharp pull towards you. The whole floor will move away from the rear seats (exactly the same procedure for lowering the floor). It allows you room at the back to secure the net. Then carefully push the floor back into position.

Hope that helps!
Edited by gdswiss
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...

No, don't bother, they don't fit because the rearmost attachment point is missing when you have a variable boot floor. At best you can fit the crossways 'pocket' one closest to the rear seat - if you are prepared to either leave the VBF in the lower position all the time, which renders it pointless, or force the VBF over the top of the net clips every time you want to raise it. The other two nets are useless.

I got them also. I just leave variable floor in half fold vertical position. So shopping etc sits in front low section, and items under back of floor can't be seen. Valuables can go against rear seats. When flush floor needed, just simple change with first section.Had nets in last 2 cars, don't miss them.

• Like 1

I phoned up the dealer, they gave me a story about how they could still be used with the floor down which they sort-of can I suppose, but because the rearmost tie-down points are covered by the inserts that go either side of the VBF, you can't really use the flat 6-clip net at all. Plus one of the clips on one of my nets has already broken and I didn't exactly get the impression that the dealer wanted to take them back from me - which will be reflected on their feedback questionnaire when it arrives. I'm pleased with my shiny new vRS but the nets are irksome. If they can't be used with the VBF then they shouldn't be offered with it.

• Like 1