VCDS Options

• 7 months later...

can i do this on a 06 L&K??

in fact anyone got a list of options available, I currently have anti hijack, easy entry, coming/leaving home, both rear fogs,mirror dip with reverse , hazards with emergency braking, and rain closing all enabled, is there anything I have missed and I could enable

or is that my lot???

Edited by moiloon

my above post I tried to quote the post in this thread about using indicators as drl and dimmed, can I do that on my 06 L&K ?

in fact I havnt got rain closing enabled, even though I believe all the relevant boxes are checked in vcds, just been and tried it, windows down, car locked water on screen, windows do not auto close

anyone got the correct steps to get it functioning?

thanks

Edited by moiloon

I vaguely recall that when mine was done, there was an option on the next screen that needed to be changed too. (The car went 2 days ago so I can't check) but the first screen gave the coding, the second have something about "rain closing inactive".

I'll have a look on the Scout tonight, see if I can find it again.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

No, FL only.

My list of VCDS tweaks (at least on preFL Octy)

Switch off teardrop wipe front and rear

Switch off comfort indicators

Switch off sychronised mirror adjusrtment

Switch off seat belt chime

Switch on rain closing windows

Switch on Scandinavian DRLs

Switch on anti-hijack

Switch on alarm chirps

Switch on CH/LH lights

Switch on twin rear fog lights

Switch on cornering fog lights

Alter weight of power steering (only on earlier cars)

Calibrate fuel computer

Calibrate speedometer (as much as possible)

Code for HID kit

Code for footwell lights retrofit

EDIT Code for MFSW retrofit

Mike

Can the cornering be activated on a pre-fl? I just receives my vcds cable today so please tell me how! :)

I think it's pre 57 plate. Mine is activated on an 08 although I have to say it's hardly any help.

I'm afraid I can't quite remember how it's done, but pretty sure it is somewhere in the central electronics module, and most of the changes there are quite obvious. Just remember to take a note of any codes prior to making changes so you can easily restore them.

Edited by adamal

As above, you are on the borderline as to whether it can be done on a preFL. I can activate mine on a March 2008 build.

If you can, the coding is

Pre facelift models VCDS module 09 Central Electronics

Long Coding Helper

Byte 23 Bit 2 Internal Turn Light Algorithm Active - TICK for active, UNTICK for inactive

Byte 23 Bits 3-4 Set to 08 Turn Lights via Fog Lights

If those options are not there, you will not be able to activate the cornering lights.

I have mine switched off, I found they are useless on the Octavia, and look chavvy.

Mike

Can this be done on a 10 plate vrs estate with led drl lights

I've found that recently, when I tried to code a 56 plate Ambiente for HIDs. The Ambiente controller did not have options for xenons without shutters, but a full range of Elegance models from 54 plate to just before FL did.

Does the Ambiente have front fogs fitted?

Mike

Hi

​This is the problem that I am having - how did you overcome this?

Kaz

• 1 year later...
On 22/12/2014 at 21:47, pip_vrs said:

VAGCOM address 09 central electrics , long coding, long coding helper, turn signal as running light and type in a value between 0-100 this is for the brightness. I have mine at 20% and is a good brightness. Need to get a night shot really.

C6207C4D-F630-4294-9A97-37E3F1917598_zps

Sorry to dray this up years later, but I can only get the turn signal as parking light to come on with light switch in pos 1 or 2 not off, is that right? I wanted them on when lights off as a running light. Any tips gratefully received. 

Thanks

• 1 month later...
On 02/07/2018 at 12:31, Aaronmac89 said:

Is there anyone around leicester with the kit and knowledge to turn some of these features on, on my  2006 vrs. Will pay you for time spent with me. Thanks

20180701_155506.jpg

Just seen this post.  I work in Leicester and I have VCDS if you still need help.

2 hours ago, chrisvectra said:

How do you activate the large speedo on vcds as I cant seem to find it. I have a 2011 VRS  and the large display does not have it as it reads in KPH  annoying as my previous car 2011 VRS had the large speedo

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/229766-vcds-adaptations-how-do-i/

35 minutes ago, chrisvectra said:

Is there a way I can have the daytime running lights on with the headlights? cannot see a option for it on vcds or am I missing something?

Assuming you have a 2011 MK2 FL vrs, the drl are too bright to be used at night.

The stock behaviour is for them to remain on but dim to an appropriate level for dual use as side lights. Is that not happening or have you got a different car?

So you have no sidelights on the front at all?

Might be worth posting a full VCDS autoscan as it feels like a previous owner may have tweaked something. I'm not sure you'll be able to fix it with VCDS alone either...

Edited by langers2k
Typo

On a standard vrs like yours, the little blue sidelights aren't used. There is no wiring to connect them, they are only there as it's the same headlight a non vrs.

Instead, what should happen is for the drl to dim to sidelight brightness.

As this isn't happening, it's likely someone has messed something up. A VCDS autoscan should rule out the more obvious reasons.

When correctly coded, the drl will remain on with the headlights and dim to remain road legal.

• 7 months later...

Evening Chaps!

Not been on here for a while, but have now got myself back into the fold..

Got myself a FL 2012 vRS TDi DSG - It has the Maxidot - would love the large MPH display - is this possible?

I have OBDEleven with Pro activation.

So far I've managed...

Cornering Fogs

Dim DRL with Indicators

Disable Seatbelt Chime

Disable headlight washers - just a waste of fluid IMHO

Increased comfort ind to 5

Turned off chirp when locking/unlocking