Ultra Racing RARB supplied by Unit 18

Ryanfsr

Hi all

Just thought I'd post a little bit on the new Ultra Racing RARB I had fitted today by Ali and the team at Unit 18.

Having never really driven anything before with a RARB fitted, I can't really compare this to anything else; but what I can say from the drive home (encountering as many roundabouts as I could of course ;)) is that it is nothing short of awesome!

Firstly, through the tight twisty country lanes the car just feels completely planted and in control. Round where I live there are many single lane undulated roads, where, if driven ‘briskly’ certainly gets the heart beating even with having coilovers fitted! Did the same roads on the way home with the RARB fitted with pure confidence!

The next thing, and probably the most noticeable is the reduction in under steer. As I said, I tried to hit as many roundabouts as I could, and even in the damp conditions the car just gripped! I couldn’t actually believe I was driving the same car!

Lastly the construction / fitment is so simple and secure. No poly bushes, clamps etc, just a direct clamp to the underside of each spring, and a couple more bolts each side to attach the bar itself.

And here it is in all its glory! :)

20140210_104334_zps2trzjkqi.jpg

20140210_104339_zpsly3vsrh7.jpg

• Like 2

Ooops! See someone has already beaten me too it! :blush:

so it was your car it was being fitted too ;) ha. I've just been on their website and they do lower crosser members, middle strut bars and a few other things as well, think I'll be investing in them all at some point. Look cool as feck as well !

these for mk2 lol posted in mk1 section

Nope, I definitely drive a Mk 1 vRS!

They have literally just developed these for the Mk1 Fabia only a couple of weeks ago, hence why they don't appear on Ultra Racing's website.

Price wise though, Ali hasn't yet got an exact RRP price, but believes they'll be £180(ish) + VAT

Don't see this being much better then the Whiteline one, which is around £140, no issues with how it's fitted either

Jabba one is slightly more expensive but a lot thicker at the same time

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Don't see this being much better then the Whiteline one, which is around £140, no issues with how it's fitted either

Jabba one is slightly more expensive but a lot thicker at the same time

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

the design of the jabba and whiteline is very poor, clamping it into position? This is fixed into position by 8 bolts, much better in my opinion.
  • Like 2

Out of interest, were the holes the bolts go through already in the bottom of the spring cup or were they drilled out?

It's been a while since I've been under the back of mine and can't remember whether it does or not.

Out of interest, were the holes the bolts go through already in the bottom of the spring cup or were they drilled out?

It's been a while since I've been under the back of mine and can't remember whether it does or not.

The holes are already there, so no drilling required :)

the design of the jabba and whiteline is very poor, clamping it into position? This is fixed into position by 8 bolts, much better in my opinion.

Nope, they do what they're supposed to do and do it well. Jabba's is basically a big solid spring and the clamps allow some wriggle room. Whiteline's clamp the bar solidly and rely on the droplinks to take up any in/out side to side movement. In that sense, this new bar is more like Jabba's in concept. Both potentially have issues as the distance between suspension ends/wheels etc varies, especially in cornering. As well as twist, the ends of the bar(s) are forced apart slightly, adding to the effect... Or pulling on the suspension mounts for the pessimistic, causing the outside wheel to want to tuck under more.

J.

• Like 1