Why I won't sell my Yeti.

BossFox

I suppose you haven't taken delivery of the GTR yet

If you had, I'd be calling in the men in the white coats by now

:)

I always said when I had my last R35 that if I could only keep one car the GT-R would have to go.

It may be impressive, but it's too focused on performance.

As a daily the parking hassles and running costs would soon see it sold.

Who could ask for a better report from a very satisfied customer? If I could only keep one car, it would be the Yeti. No question. Now I must admit to feeling the same and sincerely hope my opinion never changes! Who could ask for more?

That's the Pasty Wagon, isn't it? http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/301693-pasty-wagon-accident/

Not that it's good seeing it that way, but the combination of the two red cars looks good!

Indeed it is...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/305098-pasty-wagon-the-next-chapter/

One of the reasons I got rid of our Octy VRs is because of people like yourself who have owned has faster cars but still rave about how good the yeti is, the fact you have 3 of them speaks volumes for how good the car really is.

Yeti Man loves his bonkers Yeti and rightly so, with all the feedback in mind me and the wife decided that Yeti would be a great replacement for the departed Octy VRS (tdi).

As of the 1st of March we collect our Outdoor 170 the funny thing is, of all the 15+ cars I have bought new, this one is one of the ones I am really looking forward to picking up where as some of the others it wasn't so special.

One of the reasons I got rid of our Octy VRs is because of people like yourself who have owned has faster cars but still rave about how good the yeti is, the fact you have 3 of them speaks volumes for how good the car really is.

Yeti Man loves his bonkers Yeti and rightly so, with all the feedback in mind me and the wife decided that Yeti would be a great replacement for the departed Octy VRS (tdi).

As of the 1st of March we collect our Outdoor 170 the funny thing is, of all the 15+ cars I have bought new, this one is one of the ones I am really looking forward to picking up where as some of the others it wasn't so special.

We too are changing from a vRS to a new Outdoor Yeti 170 next month. This is partly due to reviews on here and magazine/newspaper articles. It may not be the best car available and have its faults like other vehicles, but importantly it will suit our needs exactly. We had never looked at buying a brand new car before either but the discounts etc offered before Christmas sealed the deal also. This will be our 3rd Skoda vehicle and like yourselves are very excited at collecting a spanking new Yeti.

We called by a local dealer yesterday who had a FL Yeti parked outside, two cars away from a Octavia 3 vRS. Seeing them both together assured me IMO that I had made the right choice. I'm not knocking the vRS, cracking car and sorry to see it go, but all that will be forgotten when the Yeti arrives.

Three weeks and counting!

• Like 2

Yeti love-fest here! Yesterday covered around 200 miles (solo) to collect table and 6 chairs M11, M25, M40 including roadworks section @ 50 mph. Now that SM has 8000 miles on the clock, it's loosened up and consumption improved to 39.9mpg over the last 800 miles. Hoping for over 40mpg as we go forward.

Very comfortable during yesterday's mileage, wouldn't change this great car.

Maybe with unlimited funds would buy 170 4x4 diesel but very satisfied with my 'sensible' 1.2 petrol 'cos insurance and other running cost are reasonable.

It's done all I expected of it - one special, versatile and enjoyable car.

post-56007-0-71204300-1392367758_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

You can't get a more glowing report than that Richard. From the man that has owned, sold and driven more cars than most people will in five lifetimes, that is high praise indeed.

Yes , given his range of motors, if he has picked this one out as the only keeper it is high praise indeed.

Have to say that I am in agreement as well - it is the best car I have had. Only reason for changing it is I am putting too much petrol in the current one so going for a brand new diesel with almost exactly the same spec, which (taking fuel costs into account) will only cost me about £30/month more than a 59 plate!

Edited by kilted
  • Like 1

Yes, I also agree. In fifty years of driving, and twenty-two different vehicles, ( some were the wife's ) the Yeti comes top of my list. It is the most useful, go anywhere, pleasure to drive car I've ever owned.

The Yeti is a fab motor but I think that my last car, an Accord beats it on most fronts bar maybe practicality and overall running costs. Maybe by the time I've done 70000 miles in the Yeti like I did in the Accord, I might have changed my mind.....

The Yeti is a fab motor but I think that my last car, an Accord beats it on most fronts bar maybe practicality and overall running costs. Maybe by the time I've done 70000 miles in the Yeti like I did in the Accord, I might have changed my mind.....

Shows how different cars suit different people. :)

I doubt an Accord would do it for me in terms of having slightly quirky styling so you've instantly know if you've seen one, nor the grunt with four wheel drive to make it a true cross country rocket or all weather handling... before I even get to the towing ability.

I had a couple of Range Rovers (2005 and 2008) before the Yeti and I wouldn't go back.

This thing actually fits in parking spaces and bar the parking heater and TV has pretty much all the toys they did. :D