Permanently disable Safelock

Does the mk3 mot have a door unlock button inside like the mk2 has?,or am i confusing myself,which is not hard,and the interior lock is for unlocking with the key in when set up for auto locking?

The door unlock button inside doesn't work if the car is locked and deadlocked with the remote. Tried it just now on mine.

Does the mk3 mot have a door unlock button inside like the mk2 has?,or am i confusing myself,which is not hard,and the interior lock is for unlocking with the key in when set up for auto locking?

The interior lock button doesn't work once the car is dead locked using the keyless remote. I've never had this problem on my Toyota where the door can still be unlocked from the inside.

The interior lock button doesn't work once the car is dead locked using the keyless remote. I've never had this problem on my Toyota where the door can still be unlocked from the inside.

Well at least we agree on ONE thing.... ....and we are BOTH engineers

This thread has made me think again about whether I should buy an emergency hammer tool for each of my cars.

http://www.gbdriver.co.uk/life-hammer-emergency-tool?gclid=CNvmmo_J07wCFSTMtAodqQMAkw&zenid=08b8b91150acdf5d9cfac1ec8593ecdd

Toolstation have the same thing for £2.29. The built in belt cutter is just as important.

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Safety%20&%20Security/Fire%20&%20First%20Aid/Emergency%20Hammer/d200/sd530/p65512

• Like 1

This thread has made me think again about whether I should buy an emergency hammer tool for each of my cars.

http://www.gbdriver.co.uk/life-hammer-emergency-tool?gclid=CNvmmo_J07wCFSTMtAodqQMAkw&zenid=08b8b91150acdf5d9cfac1ec8593ecdd

Buy one, it could save your life if you are trapped.

I have mine under my seat in the storage bin

• Like 2

Agreed. Default Wardy in-car equipment :)

I have the holder mounted just underneath the driver's seat, should it be required.

In the even of a crash the seatbelt pre-tensioner will fire and will pin you upright in the seat. If the buckle jams, you need to cut the seatbelt webbing with the blade in the hammer. I'm not sure you could reach under the seat. Mine lives in the side pocket.
  • Like 1

With Kessy you can't lock the car with the key inside, let alone deadlock it.

The message you get is a reminder that's hard coded into the dash. It cannot be disabled the same way the 4C ice warning can't be.

From what you're saying it sounds like antihijack that enables over 10mph and will unlock when the key is removed although it can be programmed not to and will only open if you use the internal button or double pull the door handle. This can be disabled via the settings menu on the car.

I specifically asked for some technical help which luckily a few people have provided.I also kind of get where you are coming from.At no time was anyone unsupervised and I have no reason to disbelieve my wife. Some people can't but help make unwarranted and unsubstantiated judgments, or provide help that hasn't been asked for.Unfortunately or perhaps fortunately you aren't in a position to make the sort of uninformed judgement that you have just made.As a practicing engineer I can assure you that electronic systems glitch and sometimes fail, and I really couldn't care less about your sanctimonious views.Edit: And yes in case you didn't figure it out, I find your comments quite unsavory.

You kind of get where Im coming from but all the same my comments (which were put respectfully I think and hold some validity...particularly given the fact you did not mention Kessy being involved until much later on) are considered sanctimonious and unsavoury....hmmm. actually I think you have completely overreacted but there we go.

• Like 1

+1 for the hammer, mine has seatbelt cutter, air bag deflator and a torch and lives in the center arm rest box.

Cost a few quid and could save your life, not the mention someone else's.

It's not just for your own safety. Consider the situation where you come across car accident on a country lane where the does are jammed. Side windows are tough. It's only in movies and GTA where you can put your fist through a window without breaking your knuckles.

PLEASE DO NOT try and prove me wrong. Only Jackass are that stupid.

+1 for the hammer, mine has seatbelt cutter, air bag deflator and a torch and lives in the center arm rest box.

Cost a few quid and could save your life, not the mention someone else's.

I had one of these tools as well. I don't keep it in the car anymore though as I wasn't sure what the police's view would be on a knife being kept in the cabin.

It's not just for your own safety. Consider the situation where you come across car accident on a country lane where the does are jammed. Side windows are tough. It's only in movies and GTA where you can put your fist through a window without breaking your knuckles.

PLEASE DO NOT try and prove me wrong. Only Jackass are that stupid.

post-110041-0-36595100-1392715111_thumb.jpg  :giggle:

• Like 1

With Kessy you can't lock the car with the key inside, let alone deadlock it.

The message you get is a reminder that's hard coded into the dash. It cannot be disabled the same way the 4C ice warning can't be.

From what you're saying it sounds like antihijack that enables over 10mph and will unlock when the key is removed although it can be programmed not to and will only open if you use the internal button or double pull the door handle. This can be disabled via the settings menu on the car.

No problem with the anti-hijack system. It only operates when the car is moving. Also no problem with locking keys in the car. The potential problem is Kessy locking the car accidentally or through a glitch. Kessy by default deadlocks the car, which is where this thread started :)

Will keep the hammer, as others have pointed out handy safely tool. Sounds like pocket under seat is a good spot, hopefully will never need to use it.

Edited by ozoccy

Will keep the hammer, as others have pointed out handy safely tool. Sounds like pocket under seat is a good spot, hopefully will never need to use it.

As quoted. In the event of a severe accident the seat belt pretensioner will pin you to the seat. Make sure you can get to it whilst in the upright position.

In the even of a crash the seatbelt pre-tensioner will fire and will pin you upright in the seat. If the buckle jams, you need to cut the seatbelt webbing with the blade in the hammer. I'm not sure you could reach under the seat. Mine lives in the side pocket.

It can be reached where it's located, but it's worth mentioning for other's benefit, regards location.

I've had the misfortune to have to use one - not recommended but definitely worth having!

No problem with the anti-hijack system. It only operates when the car is moving. Also no problem with locking keys in the car. The potential problem is Kessy locking the car accidentally or through a glitch. Kessy by default deadlocks the car, which is where this thread started :) Will keep the hammer, as others have pointed out handy safely tool. Sounds like pocket under seat is a good spot, hopefully will never need to use it.

Someone else recently wanted to lock keys in the car, and KESSY specifically prevents this happening.

If yours will, then you have a fault with KESSY.

Someone else recently wanted to lock keys in the car, and KESSY specifically prevents this happening.

If yours will, then you have a fault with KESSY.

This thread is not about accidentally locking keys in the car with Kessy. In fact in another thread I commented on how good kessy is at preventing this.

This thread is about an entirely different problem.

Sent using tapatalk

Edited by ozoccy

This thread is not about accidentally locking keys in the car with Kessy. In fact in another thread I commented on how good kessy is at preventing this. This thread is about an entirely different problem. Sent using tapatalk

Strange how you respond to people who are only trying to be helpful and give you sound advice.

• Like 1

This thread is not about accidentally locking keys in the car with Kessy. In fact in another thread I commented on how good kessy is at preventing this. This thread is about an entirely different problem. Sent using tapatalk

If you car is locking itself with people in it then you really should be speaking to you skoda dealer....

• Like 1

Strange how you respond to people who are only trying to be helpful and give you sound advice.

My apologies to gadgetman if it came across wrong. It did seem that my previous attempts to explain that the problem was not about locking keys in the car were not clear, so I was trying to avoid further ambiguity.

Timoctav, you might want to look at your own style. I was deliberately abrupt earlier in the thread when certain members were providing uncalled for comments on my wife's parenting skills.

Really appreciate some of the feedback given, and will provide feedback once Skoda have had a go at disabling the feature.

Sent using tapatalk

Edited by ozoccy

Were you at any point able to replicate the issue? As in try and sit in the car and have someone else lock the car or vice versa and see what happens? First thing about declaring a problem/error is being able to replicate it (consistently).

• Like 1