Do you have a plan B?

Funny you guys talking about plan B's and ending up in Jags or Mercs.

I had a brand new Clio RS Turbo that broke down 8 times, twice nearly killing me due to going into limp mode on the outside lane of the motorway, I of course had to get rid of the car, however my plan B was a Skoda Octavia VRS TSI DSG which I'm loving,....go figure eh?

What did Renault say when you reported your problems?

Stop it now! Even Briskoda is showing me adverts for Jag XFs. Steps towards plan B will be engaged if no one confirms that my VRS is being made on Monday.

What is your plan B?

If I have to enact a plan b, I reckon it will look just like the photos of the XF Sportbrake above. I'm beginning to wish I'd looked at a Jag 6 months ago, life would have been easier!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Cancelled my VRS Estate last week as i was sick of waiting.

Ordered it at the beginning of October, and with an unconfirmed build week of the middle of May i wasn't impressed!

So i went for an A4 Avant Black Edition TDI instead, and it's getting delivered next week! That's more like it!

Another cancelled VRS. Get it together Skoda!!

all of these lease/pcp deals look great, but 4 years??  i could never imagine keeping a car for 4 whole years!

I do 4 years, as 3 for me tends to be too short, as you have to start thinking about changing after 2.5 years, or 2 with the waiting times on a VRS estate! In addition, as there is not much differential between guaranteed future value at 3 & 4 years it usually works out slightly better over 4. I then tend to start looking for new car at just after 3 year period to give me plenty of time to decide and change.

As for your other post about finance debt worry, with current 0%,2.9%, 5.8% deals you can question whether it's worth having your cash tied up in a car. Certainly not in the case of 0%. The fact is, with depreciation, buying a new car is not exactly a sensible financial proposition anyway. Go and buy a classic, old banger or used land rover defender that depreciates by about £10 a year ;) if you want to be financially prudent.

If you plan to change your car every 2,3 or even 4 years, PCP is an efficient financial vehicle for doing that. Clearly not for you, but equally not a fiscally irresponsible choice either.

Cheers

Steve

Cancelled my VRS Estate last week as i was sick of waiting.

Ordered it at the beginning of October, and with an unconfirmed build week of the middle of May i wasn't impressed!

Have to agree, it's ok if you go into it knowing that it's going to be 8 month+ wait, but to have a much shorter expectation! then have it constantly creep out and still have no certainty on build date is no good when you are 3,4 or 5 months after ordering.

Have fun with your new Audi

Whats the spec?

The spec is too long to list buddy. Ex Demo C220 Diesel 7 Speed auto (170bhp) AMG Sport Plus with extras like panoramic roof, black ash interior, nav, media centre, auto everything, electric everything, simply clever is now simply Merc etc etc.

Basically, after running out of patience and been told at least August until delivery I had to bail. Yes, I'm frustrated at not getting my spanking new Skoda but to be fair Skoda may have done me a favour. The Merc is of course a different animal. One of which I probably wouldn't have considered before. It's a year old but it cost me 6k less than the Skoda would have. Has every extra the Skoda would have had and more. Is far superior in build quality. Not saying the Skoda is shabby by any means! You could argue that there's a new model C class due but that doesn't make this one a bad car. As someone said before... does the MkIII Octavia make all MkII's a bad car? Maybe in 3 years I'll trade my crap old Merc in for another ex-demo one! ;-)  

It's an option that's there for others which I have shared. I'll leave it with you...

As for the RS Clio reference? I'm still confused!!! Hahahahahaaaaaa..........

Adios people, good luck and enjoy your Skodas. I'd better defect to mbowners...

Thanks,

Dave.

• Like 1

Had confirmation from Audi today that my a6 is built and awaiting shipment to the uk. Due to collect w/c 7th of April. Can't wait!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Defect...Judas

Enjoy the car..btw my new Vw Passat Alltrack 177 dsg with toys arrives this friday...similar to yours really , not ex demo but 6k+ off , to good to miss

Edited by mikeoz
  • Like 1

I wonder if Skoda read this forum? This is just the tip of the iceberg with disgruntled customers that are having to wait. Quite frightening, you would have thought they would have pulled the stops out to secure orders.

For those considering the Seat Leon as a plan B, one was parked conveniently next to mine at work which allowed me to take a few shots comparing the two. Its a good looking car, although I am not sure about the colour....

post-110041-0-14990400-1395776184_thumb.jpg

post-110041-0-52029100-1395776200_thumb.jpg

post-110041-0-02862600-1395776314_thumb.jpg

So that's a couple of C Class, some A6, an A4, Mazda 6, E Class (I think) and a Passatt.......all replacing Vrs orders....you really hope Skoda care but I doubt it...

• Like 1

Hi All,

Another quitter right here !

Waited 14 weeks so far and no build date and no info about possible timescale.

Got a good deal on an A6 ultra so think I'll go with that.....

Good luck all

Nice choice :) have you managed to find one at a dealer? Seems like a few are making their way into the network. Factory orders are looking like an 8-12 week lead time I think - but still a damn sight quicker than a vrs!

Saloon or avant?!

Nice choice :) have you managed to find one at a dealer? Seems like a few are making their way into the network. Factory orders are looking like an 8-12 week lead time I think - but still a damn sight quicker than a vrs!

Saloon or avant?!

Hi, it's on a lease (as was the vRS) and will be a factory order - Hope Audi are better at communicating and keeping me in the loop.

Just got so fed up with the lack of information and apparent lack of interest in answering my questions at Skoda.

Oh and it's the saloon

Gotta pay some extra for the A6 but 100% sure it's gonna be worth it

Edited by Ewansdad

Audi should be no probs if my vw experience is anything to go by. You get a online tracker for your car and regular phone calls etc..

just Skoda that dont seem to bother with in vag.

attachicon.gifGolf R Variant.jpg

Another Plan B option...although from the article I understand that VW has not made the final decision on the Golf R Variant.

I kind of wish they'd have done a GTD Estate, I'd have probably now been waiting for one of those as opposed to an Octavia :-) No, correction, I wouldn't - the VW sales droid I spoke to about a Golf earlier on the day I ordered my Octavia put me off buying VWs for life!