Do you have a plan B?

Have done a trip to Crewe and a trip to Leicester from Southampton since picking up my plan b last Friday (Jag XF Sportbrake 200) and mightily impressed so far.

Average MPG on the return from Leicester yesterday was 57!!!

• Like 1

So that's a couple of C Class, some A6, an A4, Mazda 6, E Class (I think) and a Passatt.......all replacing Vrs orders....you really hope Skoda care but I doubt it...

Interesting how nearly everyone went for a more "premium" car.

• Like 1

I think there might be a couple of reasons for this. When I choose to go for a vrs it was because the space of an a4/3 series just didn't measure up. Given the list prices of the a6/5 series etc I hadn't even thought to look at them. It was only having realised the potential wait for the vrs that I started to clutch at straws - and basically by luck, stumbled across the deals available just by running so many different options through carwow etc.

Perhaps the frustration and lack of information from Skoda have also made me feel slightly better about paying a little more a month?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Have done a trip to Crewe and a trip to Leicester from Southampton since picking up my plan b last Friday (Jag XF Sportbrake 200) and mightily impressed so far.

Average MPG on the return from Leicester yesterday was 57!!!

That is a tad mighty considering your car weights over 1.8t?

Balied from my order today!

And have ordered another VRS!

Awaiting the delivery of a cancelled order Rallye Green VRS next month.  Built and awaiting shipping!

I think there might be a couple of reasons for this. When I choose to go for a vrs it was because the space of an a4/3 series just didn't measure up. Given the list prices of the a6/5 series etc I hadn't even thought to look at them. It was only having realised the potential wait for the vrs that I started to clutch at straws - and basically by luck, stumbled across the deals available just by running so many different options through carwow etc.

Perhaps the frustration and lack of information from Skoda have also made me feel slightly better about paying a little more a month?!

would agree with this, I also didn't realise the deals available on other..so called premium brands etc..

Picking up the Alltrack tomorrow afternoon then heading off for weekend away with mut in back..

Just had an email to say that my plan b arrived in the uk today! Just waiting on a collection date from the dealer now - but looks like a week on Monday should be on the cards!!

Doesn't that just show how expensive Skoda's have got???

• Like 1

Same here, decided on a VRS almost by default, good experiences with my 1 and 2 and good deal on a mk3.

Well documented issues post ordering forced me to look at alternatives and battering carwow plus some info on here was certainly enlightening in it's results.

Heavy discounts and stronger residuals have made PCP monthly payments quite close to those on the VRS.

I'm fortunate to not really need the extra space the VRS would have given me over the C Class and as a result have been able to get, what is perceived generally to be, more for my money in terms of a more premium car.

I feel that in the end Skoda have done me a favour.

Edited by tuonopepper
  • Like 1

Just had an email to say that my plan b arrived in the uk today! Just waiting on a collection date from the dealer now - but looks like a week on Monday should be on the cards!!

Nice one Chief!

I had an A6 saloon reserved but turned out it didn't have colour DIS so I've had to order one for delivery in June. Was going to cancel the Octavia order but we need two cars and the 0% deal is too good to miss. 

The Audi dealer wanted to charge me an extra grand deposit over the 1500 already paid as I was considering a no-cost option Brilliant black as they said it would be difficult for them to move it on if I pulled out, I thought they were just being difficult as I didn't take the car.

Didn't make any sense since the deposit is refundable.

Ordered Daytona grey with the option to change.  Apart from the discount I'm really not impressed with the service from Audi.

Edited by Zzap

I kind of wish they'd have done a GTD Estate, I'd have probably now been waiting for one of those as opposed to an Octavia :-) No, correction, I wouldn't - the VW sales droid I spoke to about a Golf earlier on the day I ordered my Octavia put me off buying VWs for life!

I was poking around a GTD hatch yesterday in the VW dealer when my car was being serviced, very nice!  But 31k!!!!!!!!!! far too expensive and certainly not 13k more of a car than what i paid for my vrs estate new a year ago.

• Like 1

Nice one Chief!

I had an A6 saloon reserved but turned out it didn't have colour DIS so I've had to order one for delivery in June. Was going to cancel the Octavia order but we need two cars and the 0% deal is too good to miss.

The Audi dealer wanted to charge me an extra grand deposit over the 1500 already paid as I was considering a no-cost option Brilliant black as they said it would be difficult for them to move it on if I pulled out, I thought they were just being difficult as I didn't take the car.

Didn't make any sense since the deposit is refundable.

Ordered Daytona grey with the option to change. Apart from the discount I'm really not impressed with the service from Audi.

Colour display was one of the few options I went for -

Daytona grey

Lighting pack

Storage pack

Folding mirrors

Colour display

What I didn't realise at the time was that the colour is not just the 'info' in the middle of the display but the dials too. Makes a really big difference and a nice surprise!

Colour display was one of the few options I went for -

Daytona grey

Lighting pack

Storage pack

Folding mirrors

Colour display

What I didn't realise at the time was that the colour is not just the 'info' in the middle of the display but the dials too. Makes a really big difference and a nice surprise!

I know what you mean, I saw the monochrome unit and it's just a rectangular display a bit like in the Octavia, whereas the colour display partly extends over the top of the dials, looks like the dials are superimposed on the screen, very nice.

We went for:

Daytona Grey - but may well change this to brilliant black this weekend

Colour display

Heated front seats

Folding mirrors

Audi Media Interface

Edited by Zzap

20140328_143900-2_zpsc293a79f.jpg

Hi thanks

yes I love the colour was not sure when I ordered it but the pearlescent island Grey works really well.

comes with a high standard spec, satnav, pdc, dsg etc..only 2 options leather and electric boot lid added.

would recommend Vindis vw in Huntingdon .

Edited by mikeoz

Nice, looks like they put some effort into making your handover special too, top marks!

That's a world away from SUK and 'sorry, we have no idea when your cars coming and don't really care' attitude!

Edited by tuonopepper
  • Like 2

20140328_143900-2_zpsc293a79f.jpg

Hi thanks

yes I love the colour was not sure when I ordered it but the pearlescent island Grey works really well.

comes with a high standard spec, satnav, pdc, dsg etc..only 2 options leather and electric boot lid added.

would recommend Vindis vw in Huntingdon .

That colour looks great. To add balance though, isn't Vindis the company a different user had major problems with?

Not aware of that but the Huntington VW dealer is new and only opened last October. Very nice big show room and I drove them hard to price match other dealers using car wow..

cant fault them really VW has online tracker you can check and I got regular updates from dealer two.

Moet champagne and flowers went down well so yeah the made a good effort.

I also have a GTI with pp on order with same dealer, since mid Jan which has now updated on the tracker and via a txt msg to say "Arrived in UK"

So should be about a week now from dock to dealer..

Edited by mikeoz

Picked my Plan B on Saturday..........VW CC with loads of toys in Island Grey.

Very nice car indeed, especially the massaging seats but does need a few touches/mods to make it mine starting with LED's throughout.

I have decided that if I still have a need for a vRS estate in a couple of years, I can still do it. In the mean time I couldn't be happier.

Picked my Plan B on Saturday..........VW CC with loads of toys in Island Grey.

Very nice car indeed, especially the massaging seats but does need a few touches/mods to make it mine starting with LED's throughout.

I have decided that if I still have a need for a vRS estate in a couple of years, I can still do it. In the mean time I couldn't be happier.

CC was our choice initially as we both really like the sleekness of it.

However, two factors, first being we had a baby on the way so bootspace was becoming a consideration and the second being the development stage of the CC (184 engine not available then) made us go for the VRS estate. Having said that, the CC still beats the Octavia hands down on looks.

Enjoy your plan B.