So what you been doing to your VRS lately?

Big Lee

Well it ain't mine but the boy bought one a couple of weeks ago,garage did the cambelt/waterpump on purchase.They said they'd done an oil change and the air filter too but the oil looked bloody grim for just a 10mile journey and the air filter was deffo old. Challenged them about it and they admitted the air filter hadn't been done but were adamant the oil and belt/waterpump had been done. Produced invoice from Unipart showing oil/filter/belt kit/w.pump purchased and one from the garage next door for fitting. Day we got it home we went to ECP for some bits and did the oil/oil filter again,air filter,pollen filter,OE NGK spark plugs and changed all the coils for Beru's. Yesterday evening the fuel filter got done and changed the brake fluid, which didn't go as planned as the pedal disappeared. Worried that I'd knackered the master cylinder I took it to mate this morning who sorted it in the end by bleeding the two master cylinder nipples. Maybe time to invest in a decent brake bleeder me thinks. Undeterred by that near balls up this afternoon we cracked on and fitted a new Gates Auxiliary belt/tensioner kit (K046DPK1195) and although the coolant was at a good strength after the waterpump change it didn't look that clean and the expansion tank was pretty grim so we drained the coolant down,flushed the radiator. Filled it back up with ECP red that's specced at G12+ and a new expansion tank (again from ECP).

Just need to source the water ingress now that is making the driver side front and rear footwell wet. Don't think it's coming in through the scuttle panel (bonnet release cable grommit) and it doesn't smell of antifreeze so don't think it's matrix related.

Ordered some new wheel centre and bolt caps for my mk2 VRS and then we can fit my old ones (much better condition than his) to his.

Then have a go at sourcing a decent set of 17 spiders as with it being an early one it's got 16's on. 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally fitted the German fonted Pressed metal No. Plates i got made about 5 months ago :D

So much better than the slightly yellowed cheap plastic crap that has been there... quite a while..

waiting for clive to do my gearbox lol only joking clive when do u want car for

Will be putting new bearings in tue/wed so a fully fresh rebuilt box for the price of a second hand box you just got a bargain believe me !!

That dash looks brilliant, where did you have that done and if you mind me asking was it expensive?

It was done by power-projects.co.uk and he's done a great job on it all and it cost £130 :)

• 2 weeks later...

Plasti dipped my spiders with a metalizer on top.gatu6ame.jpga9y4ega4.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Have you got any pics of them on the car? Real nice job!

fitted my recently flocked dash back in,just need a new centre dash vent as mines broken and waiting on some switches and start button for below the gauges :)

DSC_0201p.jpg

DSC_0208p.jpg

DSC_0209p.jpg

excellent job there ,. love it. :rock:

• Like 1

r/ns calliper

both rear springs

both front springs

grooved and drilled discs all round

new pads all round

thermostat

temp sender unit

two new tyres

And a sound thrashing from the wife for spending all her savings! :sweat:

at least it ended well :giggle:

Well it ain't mine but the boy bought one a couple of weeks ago,garage did the cambelt/waterpump on purchase.They said they'd done an oil change and the air filter too but the oil looked bloody grim for just a 10mile journey and the air filter was deffo old. Challenged them about it and they admitted the air filter hadn't been done but were adamant the oil and belt/waterpump had been done. Produced invoice from Unipart showing oil/filter/belt kit/w.pump purchased and one from the garage next door for fitting. Day we got it home we went to ECP for some bits and did the oil/oil filter again,air filter,pollen filter,OE NGK spark plugs and changed all the coils for Beru's. Yesterday evening the fuel filter got done and changed the brake fluid, which didn't go as planned as the pedal disappeared. Worried that I'd knackered the master cylinder I took it to mate this morning who sorted it in the end by bleeding the two master cylinder nipples. Maybe time to invest in a decent brake bleeder me thinks. Undeterred by that near balls up this afternoon we cracked on and fitted a new Gates Auxiliary belt/tensioner kit (K046DPK1195) and although the coolant was at a good strength after the waterpump change it didn't look that clean and the expansion tank was pretty grim so we drained the coolant down,flushed the radiator. Filled it back up with ECP red that's specced at G12+ and a new expansion tank (again from ECP).

Just need to source the water ingress now that is making the driver side front and rear footwell wet. Don't think it's coming in through the scuttle panel (bonnet release cable grommit) and it doesn't smell of antifreeze so don't think it's matrix related.

Ordered some new wheel centre and bolt caps for my mk2 VRS and then we can fit my old ones (much better condition than his) to his.

Then have a go at sourcing a decent set of 17 spiders as with it being an early one it's got 16's on. 

i had the same water ingress problem with my octy vrs, it was a blockage behind the inner wheel arch cover (blocked with leaves) so water coming down from the scuttle panel couldn't escape. hope that helps.

I've been changing my K04 hybrid conversion Mk1 Ocy to a Gt28 top mount build. Not the fastest build as I only have weekends free but Im getting there. Plus I'm no mechanic lol

This weekend just gone I got the forged rods/New piston rings/Acl race bearings and New oil pump in.

I've got lots of pics, but It won't let me put any up :(

I've been changing my K04 hybrid conversion Mk1 Ocy to a Gt28 top mount build. Not the fastest build as I only have weekends free but Im getting there. Plus I'm no mechanic lol

This weekend just gone I got the forged rods/New piston rings/Acl race bearings and New oil pump in.

I've got lots of pics, but It won't let me put any up :(

Try photobucket buddy.

I only have a 4x4.... can I enter this thread ;)

Go for it will make a change....:)

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Hope these pics work.

Was this, K04 Hybrid>>>>

th_d3d59a9bc9d66c7cc0dc16f40629368e.jpg

To this>>>>>

th_d33938dfe2720626a5e57afd025bef82.jpg

GT28 Turbo(400BHP)>>>>>>>>

th_9c190d42615dd6fc8a4c4a912df4b60a.jpg

Old pistons out(Before)

th_1c940465961bb14437ade7ad32fa6d1d.jpg

Cleaned them up(After)

th_df5792e3b6f624a103bffe6a2e03723a.jpg

Getting the pistons/Forged rods all put together ready to drop in

th_7fbd4d99dc5d9f2ca4b754ca6ac8de5d.jpg

th_55bdef5c9a01fcca170a78e2234e73b1.jpg

Going back in

th_eb0b8d5431a3301425f9a2694b60a840.jpg

th_d9db5174d9f6646218e1d801044cc486.jpg

New oil pump

th_c512ea3058cda2be8f6da64cce7880d8.jpg

Im no Mechanic, just Haynes book and google. And my drive way :)

should do a build thread really :/

This weekend is > Cylinder head back on/turbo lines/timing belt/heat sheild and what ever else I can do

• Like 4

Woohoo... thanks chaps, right... here goes..

Changed my duff interior light bulb for a non blown one :giggle:

I jest... writing a list..........

just over a week ago i fitted these

cookbotsleeves_zps1331e186.jpg

They are wishbone sleeves(same as Defcon sleeves) that make TT control arm become a MK1 TT.

Basically these sleeve's make the Cast wishbone as per the original Audi TT wishbone on pre 2000 cars that had far better turn in than the post 2001 car that suffered form under steer.

I have cast wishbones from Audi TT fitted to my VRS which these sleeves need.

As the diameter of the internal bush is smaller the steering feels a bit more tighter and sure footed. Even with all the poly bushes / caster rear front wishbone bushes I have I can still feel a improvement.

I opted to buy them  with powerflex bushes installed

cookbotsleeves2_zpsd83853fd.jpg

installed into wishbone

cookbotsleeves3_zpsd440c216.jpg

with car now 4 wheel laser aligned after install and a set of new tyres the results are great :rock: