So what you been doing to your VRS lately?

Big Lee

Picked mine up after cambelt change, new rocker cover gasket (it was leaking slightly), ECS lightweight pulleys, new engine mount.

Seems all good but my oil temp and pressure gauges are going mental. Must be a damaged wire somewhere or bad earth or something.

Just sent a set of my Porsche rims off for a colour change - 911 Gemini Metallic Grey from 1993 with red rim decals.

The Alcantara-ing continues... so tedious but am getting there.

2014-05-11160622_zpsc36902ad.jpg

I have wanted to know for a while where do I get these vents? My Octy is ex police and has holes in the bumper and i'm sure these vents would be an ideal mod to rid of the holes.

Thanks

Oh and at the weekend I fitted my missing front lower grill (and painted it). Made me very happy.

I have wanted to know for a while where do I get these vents? My Octy is ex police and has holes in the bumper and i'm sure these vents would be an ideal mod to rid of the holes.

Thanks

Oh and at the weekend I fitted my missing front lower grill (and painted it). Made me very happy.

vents are Milotec. part number 410/04.

http://milotec.de/index.php?cat=c277_Frontgrill---Frontspoiler.html&XTCsid=54bbba50d2ad83c4c73c4dc83a4ef3ab

Purchased from superskoda.com

my guide found here:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/233812-how-to-milotec-bumper-vents-fitting/

Just reconnected the side repeater wire (that was fun not :-) ) changed the wiper relay . Just got to find where my small coolant leak is coming from , 3 new tyres and cv boot kit to fit then mot

just received arp head stud conversion bits, about to order IE fuel rail and manual cam belt tensioner.... last bits needed for my engine build :think:

• 3 weeks later...

Just replaced my aux belt tensioner and aux belt.

Impressed with myself, only took 45 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

that's a 15 min job ,seriously

that's a 15 min job ,seriously

Maybe not if you've never done it before and are taking you're time to not screw it up....

Nicely Done Mluton :)

• Like 1

Changed fuel filter today as I'd been avoiding doing it for months. Read on here the clips can break so it put me off for a while. All went ok so quietly pleased with myself.

• Like 1

Changed fuel filter today as I'd been avoiding doing it for months. Read on here the clips can break so it put me off for a while. All went ok so quietly pleased with myself.

I'm glad that went well for you buddy. I had a right mare when I changed mine. The clips came off no problem but one wouldn't click back on. It took hours with WD 40 working the clip on and off then it just clicked. Lovely sound that was!

last two weeks..

fed it

cambelt & haldex service

fed it

washed it

fed it

saw 38.1mpg on a 100mile trip down the A1!! :)

fed it

figured out how the ipod connector works! (just need to figure out the ipod now..)

fed it

learnt that very wet roads require ESP switching off to make any progress without the ecu pulling at the reins

fed it....

lost use of a cylinder, before an important mission requiring estate car on saturday. replaced the coil pack for pot 3.. date code suggested it was facory dated 2001, 120k, and 12years not too bad - runs like a dream now!

...fed it...

put it on the ramps (without the need for planks) expecting to see a blowing cat, replaced the bolt on the middle exhaust connector, no more blowing!

will be feeding it again tomorrow, might treat it to some cleaner + posh petrol

Its on an 02 plate, which models get the free upgrade?

I notice pot 2 had a newer bosch unit installed, pot one had plain black, pot 4 is a mystery as it hides under some funny looking plastic pot?!