So what you been doing to your VRS lately?

Big Lee

Where did you get the badges from and how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking? Could do with a new set myself.

One i got off here from a member and the other i paid £18 inc postage off ebay. They are the standard ones by the way.

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=261494427684&alt=web

Changed fuel filter today as I'd been avoiding doing it for months. Read on here the clips can break so it put me off for a while. All went ok so quietly pleased with myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looked at mine the other day n noticed cable ties wrapped around it so im guessing mines broke lol.

Looked at mine the other day n noticed cable ties wrapped around it so im guessing mines broke lol.

If they are around the body of the filter it's pretty normal. It's held on from factory with a jubilee clip which corrodes. I fixed my new one on with cable ties.

• Like 1

If they are around the body of the filter it's pretty normal. It's held on from factory with a jubilee clip which corrodes. I fixed my new one on with cable ties.

Yh theres 2 around the body of the filter.

Window tints to rear and hatch.

Bloody good clean and hoover.

New floor mats ordered.

Did you tint the windows yourself? If so how did you get the rear door windows out as I can't fathom it out, me and my brother did the tailgate window the other Saturday.

I also fitted wind deflectors earlier this week which I love the look of.

I changed the cambelt and water pump for the first time since i bought it in september 2009. Also, i changed the cabin air filter which was quite dirty after about 8k miles.

And i changed the looks of the car a bit: i used black plasti dip for the roof of the car, mirrors and for the exhaust tip.

I think it looks good with the anthracite wheels.

IMG_1669_zps5f3c0a19.jpg

IMG_1678_zpsc3692d46.jpg

IMG_1686_zps20a62dcc.jpg

IMG_1680_zps83a304d6.jpg

Edited by PaulMIG

I changed the cambelt and water pump for the first time since i bought it in september 2009. Also, i changed the cabin air filter which was quite dirty after about 8k miles.

And i changed the looks of the car a bit: i used black plasti dip for the roof of the car, mirrors and for the exhaust tip.

I think it looks good with the anthracite wheels.

IMG_1669_zps5f3c0a19.jpg

IMG_1678_zpsc3692d46.jpg

IMG_1686_zps20a62dcc.jpg

IMG_1680_zps83a304d6.jpg

Looks tidy mate. Is it normal paint on your bump strips. I was talking to my mate the other day about colour coding mine but he reckons it needs to be a special paint because it needs to bend a bit when removing the bumpers. Id of thought normal paint would of been fine tho.

Looks tidy mate. Is it normal paint on your bump strips. I was talking to my mate the other day about colour coding mine but he reckons it needs to be a special paint because it needs to bend a bit when removing the bumpers. Id of thought normal paint would of been fine tho.

lol "special paint" :D

No, he's talking crap - key it, prime it (plastic primer), paint it, lacquer it. Bog standard rattle cans from Halfords work perfectly well.

As long as you use thin layers, sand back and let it dry properly, it'll be fine.

• Like 1

You can just pull off the side strips and then use a heat gun and thinner for the glue left on the car... ooh and a lot of rubbing :)

That's how i did it, but probably, using a heat gun before, could help..

Just started the side strips. My thumb is killing lol[/quote

Get your self a caramel wheel for the adhesive residue takes it off in seconds with a drill bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

latest messing on my car was to refit the Decat after MOT   :evil:

But before I refitted it I got the dremel out and cleaned up the downpipe opening as there was lot's of poor weld bumps and ridges.

2014-06-13171930_zps6c9588a4.jpg

2014-06-13171912_zpsd6473454.jpg

2014-06-13171906_zpsd913f439.jpg

2014-06-13171852_zps33aebd32.jpg

2014-06-13171839_zps900b79db.jpg

weather that has made a difference not sure but i feel better for it.  :evil:  :smirk: 

Gotta get me one of these wheels. Wheres best to get one. Can you over do it and burn the paint or is it just a take it slow and it will come off fine?

any paint shop sell them.

you just need to take it easy and you will be able to soon tell how hard you need to go. it is quite obvious when you use it.  :thumbup: