So what you been doing to your VRS lately?

Big Lee

would fancy uprated f&rarb's and front strut brace but just don't have the cash, suppose I could try selling swmbo :)

Do it! My front arb is standard and with the whiteline on middle setting feels very nicely balanced. Front braces can be done quite cheap, think my upper cost me £30 all in with bolts (need a good drill bit though). Lower was a bit more, I still found a used one but paid over the odds for genuine rivnuts which seem to be pretty rare now. Could maybe use normal ones but they need a good spread and I didn't want to risk them not working well enough.

• Like 1

the thermostat and sender were oem.

Not a guarantee of longevity, thermostats I've had 2 OEM, 1 Unipart, 1 Q&H, each lasted around 18/20 months, currently on a Gates one, see how long this one last.

• Like 1

Not a guarantee of longevity, thermostats I've had 2 OEM, 1 Unipart, 1 Q&H, each lasted around 18/20 months, currently on a Gates one, see how long this one last.

Let us know how it goes and I'll get one next, I expect there will be a next time!

• Like 1

I'll see what my friendly mechanic suggests but over the last 14 months I reckon I have spent nearly a grand on it and when that money is coming out of my disability pension it is money i really could do without spending, good job my missus is very understanding, hopefully when all is ok (including 2 new tyres) we can use it properly and have some bloody good runs in it, go away for a few days and enjoy some country roads :)

• Like 1

The following has been done and running very smooth now. (New to the forums)

x4 Coil Packs under recall

x1 temp sensor (green)

x1 Hazard Relay Switch

and fitted a lupo double cup holder.

Got a pic of these installed ? Open and closed if possible

Cheers Ken

• Administrators

Cheers boss looks smart as I need some of them

Welcome man, I haven't actually got round to using them but I think it looks better than the plain cubby hole.

• 1 month later...

Had loads on lately but I finally had a chance to fit some of the big pile of bits to my car.

last month I fitted my ramair induction kit with heat shield, epic noise :)

Today's list:-

Oil change, 5w30 quantum long life 3.

Oil filter and sump plug (genuine skoda).

Dipstick and guide tube (genuine skoda).

Ngk pfr6q spark plugs.

Ns scuttle panel and pollen filter (genuine skoda).

Breather hoses, silicone (creation motorsport).

Plastic breather elbow, o'ring, retaining clip and non return valve (genuine skoda).

Sorry I didn't take pics, I was pushed for time. I think I'll start a project/build thread as I've got plenty more to do, eventually stage 2.

Next up is ECS vr6/g60 clutch and lightweight flywheel and fmic (welly cooler).

• Like 1

Thermostat has packed up again so that needs replacing next week, replaced both vacuum  hoses to the brake servo, need to find out why the car fails the mot on emissions every time, I've replaced the cat, use high grade petrol, use injector cleaner on a regular basis , it gets a damn good thrashing to blow out any crap before each mot, but still it fails on the emissions . I am stuck as to what to do next, it has been re-mapped to 225bhp and drives beautifully , any advice guys would be welcome, I do have a few months before it needs testing again.

Thermostat has packed up again so that needs replacing next week, replaced both vacuum  hoses to the brake servo, need to find out why the car fails the mot on emissions every time, I've replaced the cat, use high grade petrol, use injector cleaner on a regular basis , it gets a damn good thrashing to blow out any crap before each mot, but still it fails on the emissions . I am stuck as to what to do next, it has been re-mapped to 225bhp and drives beautifully , any advice guys would be welcome, I do have a few months before it needs testing again.

Have you considered a terraclean? How much it does for a 1.8t is debatable, but cleaning the fuel system properly certainly won't do any harm. One thing it does do is greatly reduce emissions even for car with cat; my hydrocarbons and carbons were virtually zero when I mot 3 months after having it done. I put the mot results up in a post, will see if I can dig out the link. My car didn't have a problem to begin with, but the reduction is still there.

• Like 1

Have you considered a terraclean? How much it does for a 1.8t is debatable, but cleaning the fuel system properly certainly won't do any harm. One thing it does do is greatly reduce emissions even for car with cat; my hydrocarbons and carbons were virtually zero when I mot 3 months after having it done. I put the mot results up in a post, will see if I can dig out the link. My car didn't have a problem to begin with, but the reduction is still there.

I haven't heard of a "Terraclean",  but I'm sure I can google it , how much did yours cost just to give me a ball park figure please mate and thanks for the reply.

Ian

I haven't heard of a "Terraclean",  but I'm sure I can google it , how much did yours cost just to give me a ball park figure please mate and thanks for the reply.

Ian

No worries, it varies a little but you're talking around £100 for the cans for a 2 litre car (worth the extra for a bigger difference). Car needs to be in good health before it but the fuel system in our cars is pretty much robust enough to cope. Ford soft injectors can be a problem. The process also cleans the cat as the stuff exits. Yeah Google it and have a read. I found it was more popular with Seat drivers and such. It doesn't work miracles but will regain a few horses, improve throttle response and reduce emissions. Emissions reduction is the most notable thing.

I see you're in North Wales, not sure where does it round there, you may have to travel a little. I could recommend where I had mine done towards South Wales but we fell out over a remap issue so I don't want to lol. But I'm sure you'll come across them as you search. At least a terraclean can't be screwed up like a map can, they just hook your fuel system up to this pressurised machine which pushes the 2 cans through as the car is held at steady revs. Takes about 45 minutes iirc. Basically one can softens the carbon deposits and the other flushes it all out. Need any other advice drop me a pm. When you find someone who does it have a good chat with them and they'll be able to tell if it will help you pass mot, should do, give them your readings and see what they say.

• Like 1

No worries, it varies a little but you're talking around £100 for the cans for a 2 litre car (worth the extra for a bigger difference). Car needs to be in good health before it but the fuel system in our cars is pretty much robust enough to cope. Ford soft injectors can be a problem. The process also cleans the cat as the stuff exits. Yeah Google it and have a read. I found it was more popular with Seat drivers and such. It doesn't work miracles but will regain a few horses, improve throttle response and reduce emissions. Emissions reduction is the most notable thing.

I see you're in North Wales, not sure where does it round there, you may have to travel a little. I could recommend where I had mine done towards South Wales but we fell out over a remap issue so I don't want to lol. But I'm sure you'll come across them as you search. At least a terraclean can't be screwed up like a map can, they just hook your fuel system up to this pressurised machine which pushes the 2 cans through as the car is held at steady revs. Takes about 45 minutes iirc. Basically one can softens the carbon deposits and the other flushes it all out. Need any other advice drop me a pm. When you find someone who does it have a good chat with them and they'll be able to tell if it will help you pass mot, should do, give them your readings and see what they say.

I really appreciate all the advice and time you have given me, I'm not working so after the thermostat I will save for 2 new front tyres and then the terraclean, should have the cash by the next mot. Again thanks very much you have been a real help.

Ian