Adaptions via VCDS or equivalent

My VRs Combi was at the dealers on Thurs and Friday last week,

Whilst with them I asked if the could enable VCDS options, such as the passenger mirror dip in reverse and anything else that would be usefull.

When i went o collect the car, they said they could not enable the mirror dip as my car did not have that option, and it depended what extras i had as to what can be enabled, i have seen many posts about adaptions and thought this could be done.

Can anyone else with a VRs advise if they have this option.

Ultimately it would be nice to have defined list of what can be enabled

There are lots of things that can be done that dealers will tell you can't be done

Both rear fogs enabled

Cornering fogs on vRS

Passenger mirror dip on reverse

Lap timer

Refuel quantity

Rain closing

Teardrop wipe for rear wiper

You just need some (optional but appreciated) beer tokens and someone who knows how to use VCDS on a MQB platform car  :giggle:

Sounds great i'd love those adaptions, but there surely would be a charge for this to be done etc, where as i was hoping the dealers would have done it for free whilst the car was with them, there is a VCDS owner in Fareham, local to me that I have emailed and await a response

There are lots of things that can be done that dealers will tell you can't be done

Both rear fogs enabled

Cornering fogs on vRS

Passenger mirror dip on reverse

Lap timer

Refuel quantity

Rain closing

Teardrop wipe for rear wiper

You just need some (optional but appreciated) beer tokens and someone who knows how to use VCDS on a MQB platform car  :giggle:

Have beer tokens. Just need someone in Zentral Switzerland.  Any offers of assistance please! 

Yes it can be done with VCDS as I have it on mine, dealers don't have VCDS so can't do things like this.

Dealers could "In Theory" do all of these adaptations but of course they won't tell you that.

Many options on cars these days are only "clever software" which the manufacturers charge extra for.

e.g.

Cornering Fog lights - Every car with front fog lights could have this function but Skoda want 120gbp for it.

Mirror Lowering in Reverse - all models could have this but Skoda want you to buy the Elegance instead of the SE.

Tear Drop Wipe

Follow-Home Lights

Driver Fatigue Alert

etc etc

If the dealers just said, yeah I'll configure everything for free, everyone would buy the standard model & Skoda (and the dealers) would lose money.

When I was ordering my car I told the dealer I would pay them the full-price for the configurable options so I could buy a stock car but just activate some features I wanted rather than place a new order & they wouldnt do this for me.

I've tried finding info on a vcds user near me. I'm in Tunbridge wells, kent. Does anyone know of someone that can modify my settings down here? Cheers

Have a look at the link below, it'll show you who has VCDS & where they are based in uk.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?msid=209732397261666218585.0004c66cecde3f435ecb4&msa=0 

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/user/81895-toadusmodus/      is right next to you, so message him.

Hope that helps

I've tried finding info on a vcds user near me. I'm in Tunbridge wells, kent. Does anyone know of someone that can modify my settings down here? Cheers

If you fancy popping down to Folkestone or going to the meet this Saturday in Maidstone then I would be happy to VCDS your car.

Wish i'd never got the idea in my head now, 2 x main dealers say no, and to be fair not wanting to pay much when in my opinion a dealer should be able to do it for free, if the car is enabled for an add on it should be turned on from new !!

SWMBO wont let me pay for adaptions lol

Dealers could "In Theory" do all of these adaptations but of course they won't tell you that.

Many options on cars these days are only "clever software" which the manufacturers charge extra for.

e.g.

Cornering Fog lights - Every car with front fog lights could have this function but Skoda want 120gbp for it.

Mirror Lowering in Reverse - all models could have this but Skoda want you to buy the Elegance instead of the SE.

Tear Drop Wipe

Follow-Home Lights

Driver Fatigue Alert

etc etc

If the dealers just said, yeah I'll configure everything for free, everyone would buy the standard model & Skoda (and the dealers) would lose money.

When I was ordering my car I told the dealer I would pay them the full-price for the configurable options so I could buy a stock car but just activate some features I wanted rather than place a new order & they wouldnt do this for me.

The dealer has a piece of software called VAS-PC, they works online direct to VAG HQ. The computer system will not allow the dealer to activate options that were never present on the car when new.

These options can only be enabled with VCDS.

Thanks gizmo. Ill message you when I've got the car. Do you know what can be activated on the octy 3? It's an estate elegance.

Would be good to know a list of whats available on the VRS also if possible